PDA

View Full Version : Coiled Remote ?

yod3r
12-25-2006, 07:25 PM
ok i finally got a coiled remote for my gun, i got the point to hooking it up to my gun and turning the air on but is there any way you can get the coiled remote unhooked from the gun without losing so much air and without the remote flying everywhere. Also how do you unhook the remote from the tank without emptying it out because the every time i try to unscrew the on/off valve or try to remove the remote from the tank all it does is let the air out. any help would be appreiciated

Hossy
12-25-2006, 07:28 PM
on/off asa may help a little, or how about an on off remote :eyeroll:

yod3r
12-25-2006, 07:56 PM
it is a on/off remote and wats the eyeroll sposed to mean

08Lud08
12-25-2006, 08:32 PM
Turn off the remote while its still connected to the gun and then shoot the gun until theres no more air in the hose and then disconnect the hose. I don't have a remote but It should work like that.

yod3r
12-25-2006, 08:37 PM
omg, i am a dumb *** i have no idea y i didnt think of that in the first place. thanx for the obvious answer

DRAGON
12-25-2006, 08:40 PM
So are you saying there is no quick disconnect on the remote? -

yod3r
12-25-2006, 08:45 PM
yes there is a quick disconnect, but after i shut the tank valve so the air wouldnt come out anymore and i tried to take of the disconnect it shot out at like mach 3 and hit me in the leg froze the whole sleeve of the hoody that i was wearing. no1 has answered my other question tho, how do i take the coiled remote off of the tank without letting the air out?

DRAGON
12-25-2006, 08:49 PM
Ah, simply turn the knob all the way out then twist the tank off -

yod3r
12-25-2006, 09:05 PM
so take the knob all the way off and the air wont come out wen i take the tank off?

bigred76
12-25-2006, 09:44 PM
Eh, that might not work. The screw on the on/off itself presses down on a plate which has a pin on the other side which opens up the tank's valve. Just take the hose off the marker and let the air out that end (grip the damned hose tightly so it doesn't whack you in the leg anymore, lol... keep in mind it has 800lbs of force inside of it...) before taking it off the tank.

yod3r
12-28-2006, 10:55 AM
ok well im thinking about just doing it the simple way and waiting until the tank is empty and then taking it off lol

druid
12-28-2006, 03:15 PM
ok, listen...

gun............asa+remote QD................tank

in between the tank and the asa/QD there's about 30 inches of line that holds gas after the tank mount has been closed. If you disconnect either end, the gas in the line escapes at a rapid rate and force. This is what he's talking about.

yod3r - Putting an asa with a bleeder will help you...like a CIP Unimount or similar. Turn the valve off at the tank, stopping the gas flow from the bottle. Open the ASA/Bleeder will release the pressure from the line and marker. You shoud still shoot the marker to ensure all the gas is out, just to be safe.

bigred76
12-28-2006, 08:28 PM
I see your point, but a CIP Uni wouldn't help at all. ;) No bleeder like a 2k5 Custom Products ASA or System X Slider...

druid
12-29-2006, 12:49 AM
Huh?.....mine has a bleed...it's on the Cocker right now...works like a charm too

yod3r
12-29-2006, 10:13 AM
ok so if i wana get to the point where i can take off my tank from my gun w/o wasting all the air i just need to get a new asa with a bleeder on it to put on my mr2, ok now i finally no wat i need to do, thank u