PDA

View Full Version : Why is pink paint illegal?

clickclicksplat
12-25-2006, 08:00 PM
Yeah, I showed up at my local field the other day with a crate of Scorch only to be told pink fill isn't allowed (blue, orange, and red aren't either). I've also noticed that the NPPL rulebook outlaws red and pink. Now red I can understand, but why the heck is pink not allowed? Is that common, or am I just unlucky field-wise? Anyone have a decent explanation for this?

timmyshoota
12-25-2006, 08:06 PM
Pink stains.

clickclicksplat
12-25-2006, 08:12 PM
The scorch seems to wash out of my clothes more easily then the white marballizers they make us use for scenarios and tourneys... The pink generally washed off the trees in my yard I've shot at after one good rainstorm, there's still marbs there from 3 months ago...

calebh
12-25-2006, 08:13 PM
^that^ *pointing at timmyshoota's post. you beat me to it*

as for blue and orange, i dont know. ref colors at your field, maybe? ive never had blue or orange stain. its always yellow for me.

TheRedBarron
12-25-2006, 08:58 PM
Pink stains.
Troof.

vikingshadow
12-25-2006, 09:41 PM
I actually hadn't heard this rule in a couple years. In fact, I'd forgotten about it! Most of the tournaments I played in allowed pink paint (so long as you bought it at the store/field.)

I always preferred using pink fill - nothing more satisfying than covering someone in pink. It's like saying, "You've been owned by someone better than you. Now, get of my field, sweetheart!" That is, in a non-gay, friend, sort of way...

08Lud08
12-25-2006, 09:43 PM
I had reject paint and there were like 6 pink paintballs mixed in and it left faint marks on my shed and wall even after I tried scrubbing it.

Nenkitsune
12-25-2006, 10:33 PM
i've never heard of pink paint staining....how does it stain? i've only used scorch and besides that, x-ball gold. both were paint, and both washed off super easily. also, the fill on both is really thick. a lot of **** is really watery and either wipes easily, or soaks into clothes. my friends JT lense got ruined by orange fill paint. his mask/lense has an orange tint on it now.

bigred76
12-25-2006, 10:59 PM
Eh, it's just a bad reputation on pink paint. I've personally never had a problem with it staining (using pink filled GAP, same reasons as Vike... lmao), but I guess that some people do. There are so many colors out there it's more of an "oh well" than anything. Just use a different color paint.

Jobberwocky
12-25-2006, 11:02 PM
yea I don't think you can categorize any single color as "one that stains" because its quality determines whether or not it stains in my experience...

thechubbss12
12-26-2006, 07:41 AM
cause pink is for people who speak L337.... JK...

And yea i have had some pink stains on my yellow gear...

clickclicksplat
12-26-2006, 09:55 AM
Eh, it's just a bad reputation on pink paint. I've personally never had a problem with it staining (using pink filled GAP, same reasons as Vike... lmao), but I guess that some people do. There are so many colors out there it's more of an "oh well" than anything. Just use a different color paint.
Wouldn't normally be a big deal except now I have like two crates of Scorch I got for Christmas that I can't use... lol

leed
12-26-2006, 10:30 AM
I can see why Red and Blue are illegal. Orange paint shouldn't have to be illegal, especially if they make orange jerseys/equipment illegal. Pink, if it stains, I can see being illegal. Red is illegal in the united states, as it too closely replicates blood, and blue, because blue is a common color in peoples equipment.

DyNasty9
12-26-2006, 06:11 PM
Blue paint= stains clothes
pink paint= lense stains, ive seen so many people get shot in the face then go clean there goggles but the paint gets in a crevis(sp?)on the bottem of the lense and it stains the lense a pinkish tint. only reason i could think of.
red paint= looks like blood
orange = color reserved for paint.

calebh
12-26-2006, 06:28 PM
yellow's the color that i always have to worry about staining... ive never had a problem with blue, or even pink. others, ya, but never me lol

vikingshadow
12-26-2006, 07:20 PM
Personally, I've never had pink stain on me (except the inside of my profiler lense where it meets the frame. Now, I got hit with some green fill Hemorage from Nelson that stained big time on my pants, and on the tee shirt that I wore underneath my jersey - that stain is still bright after about a dozen or more washings.....I've also had white stain on my clothes before.

Blue never has stained on me - not really sure I've been hit with blue before, though. Got hit with blue Blue Streak, but any of those that actually broke was so watery it wouldn't stain toilet paper...

calebh
12-26-2006, 07:37 PM
zap rec paint, before it turned to complete crap about 2 years ago. it was blue, and a little waxy when it dried lol. but it never stained. blue streak? lol that stuff is pretty much capsuled water. now that i think of it, tho, theres not a lot of blue paint...

timmyshoota
12-26-2006, 08:02 PM
I've only had pink paint stain, but then again, 90% of the people I play against use good quality paint. The only time I've had other colors stain is when I've let a shirt sit for a few weeks before cleaning it.

TheRedBarron
12-26-2006, 09:08 PM
A good quality pink will not stain, as a matter of fact from what I understand most newer pinks will not stain, but awhile back nearly all pink filled paints stained therfore POOF no more, just about all wally world paints stain, so I think we should ban their paint.

Ace24
12-27-2006, 03:22 PM
I've got some orange paint stains...

Yikes. Remind me to avoid the Scorch paintballs when idiots bring them to our field.

clickclicksplat
12-27-2006, 06:18 PM
I wouldn't worry about the scorch... I nor any of the guys I play with have ever experienced a stain from them...

vikingshadow
12-28-2006, 05:19 AM
I've never gotten a stain, nor have any of my friends, from Scorch. You should be fine.

pman15
12-28-2006, 02:58 PM
pretty much pink paint may break and look like a reddish color.so the reffs think that it is blood

Hoppy11
12-28-2006, 03:02 PM
Eh.. I don't think its because pink may look like blood. Ive never seen pink blood, or pinkish looking blood and it would have to be pretty dark pink paint.

splater18
12-30-2006, 11:34 AM
I always preferred using pink fill - nothing more satisfying than covering someone in pink. It's like saying, "You've been owned by someone better than you. Now, get of my field, sweetheart!" That is, in a non-gay, friend, sort of way...

Me too i love to shoot pink paint no one else at my feild uses it so i can see who i hit. my friends call a hit with pink paint(from me ) "the mark of shame" cause im that bad or so they say