PDA

View Full Version : Godfather of Soul, gone at age 73

DRAGON
12-25-2006, 11:56 AM
It's Christmas but still a sad day for some since James Brown an icon of soul music passed away today. I'm quite sure young and old are familiar with his musical style as we hear it every day on the radio and movies with such hits as, 'I Feel Good', 'Papa's Got A Brand New Bag', 'This Is A Man's World', 'Living In America', 'Cold Sweat', 'Get Up Offa That Thang' as well as many others. A pioneer of soul music, gone forever but his music lives on. A sad day indeed - :o

08Lud08
12-25-2006, 12:02 PM
I saw it on msn too, It kinda sucks.

DRAGON
12-25-2006, 01:22 PM
Heh, I just read an article on this and didn't realize he had done this:

In September 1988, Brown, high on PCP and carrying a shotgun, entered an insurance seminar next to his Augusta office. Police said he asked seminar participants if they were using his private restroom.

Police chased Brown for a half-hour from Augusta into South Carolina and back to Georgia. The chase ended when police shot out the tires of his truck.

Brown received a six-year prison sentence. He spent 15 months in a South Carolina prison and 10 months in a work release program before being paroled in February 1991. In 2003, the South Carolina parole board granted him a pardon for his crimes in that state.

Some crazy stuff there lol -

timmyshoota
12-25-2006, 03:27 PM
This has been a horrible past couple years for music. Some great artists have died like Luther Vandross, and most recently Gerald Levert and James Brown. Both Luther and Brown made huge impacts on music.

leed
12-25-2006, 03:45 PM
Thats too bad..

It's been a horrible past couple years for everything, IMO. This year is especially bad for people in general.