PDA

View Full Version : Spider SE Now working???

Bear foot inc
12-25-2006, 06:38 AM
Howdy every one. This is my first post. I just bought a Spider SE, 20oz tank, remote line, PMI helmet, VL quantum viewloader hopper, chest protector and some odds and ends. I got it for $90 shipped. First is that a good deal? 2nd question is the gun wont shoot!!! The guy who i got it from is very kind and said he will make it right to me either by me sending it back for my money or paying to get it fixed. But does any one know what could be wrong? I screw the 20oz tank that has CO2 in it into the gun tight and put the hopper on, cock the bolt and pull the trigger and it just goes click. I also tried it with the little adapter and a new 12gram CO2 tank and that did not work. I know CO2 is getting somewhere but its just acts as if i dont have any air in it. Am I doing something wrong? Or I there something i can do to fix it? This is my first gun and i want it to work out.
Thanks for any help. I can get photos if you want.
Thanks,
~Samuel
PS. Have a great Christmas every one!!!!!!!

bigred76
12-25-2006, 08:04 AM
Hey Samuel, welcome to the forums! You sure came to the right place! Merry Christmas to you as well.

Sounds like a so-so deal. Not the wildest I've ever seen (I've seen some bad-ass ones, lol), but not the worst, either.

OK, I'd rip apart the gun and make sure all the parts are in the proper place. Here is a diagram of the Spyder Sonix, a close relative to the SE: http://www.spyder.tv/section/support/diagrams/spyder_sonix.pdf
It cocks the same way, and the main difference is in the V/A. You have a foregrip that screws into a 1/8" hole on the front of the body.

Most likely what happened is the striker buffer, the little black washer, is in the marker in front of the striker, not allowing the striker to hit the valve open. If this is the case, then just take out the lower internals, and move the buffer to the other side of the striker (behind it towards the rear of the marker).

Also, make sure the tank has a fill. If you just got it from the mail it should not have air in it yet. I dunno why a 12g wouldn't work in the marker, but my best bet right now is the striker buffer.

Bear foot inc
12-25-2006, 05:32 PM
Ok i guess I'll try that. I am alwais leery to take a complex gun like this a part because i'm afraid i wont be able to get it back together again. The tank had a lot of CO2 in it despite being shipped (i know its illegal but i guess the shipper did not) But just in case i bought a 12gram one and used it with the adapter that came w/ and that did not work. I hope this will work to fix it but if not should i take it down to the shop and have them look at it or should i send it back?
Thanks for the help.
Please reply ASAP,
~Samuel

Bear foot inc
12-25-2006, 07:06 PM
HELP... I took the back two screws out and that big spring and the stuff with it came flying out all over the room!!!! Luckily it was in one corner and that was all clean so i was able to see all the parts right there. All there was, was the two screws that held it in, the big metal piece that the velocity adjuster goes into and the striker spring, striker spring guide and the small flat metal disk. No striker buffer!!! What should i do now? Is it missing or am i not taking the wright part out to find it?
Thanks for any help,
~Samuel

Bear foot inc
12-25-2006, 07:34 PM
K well i got the whole back apart and the only things that look wrong are #22 (Don't remember seeing it) and #27 (was not there) My question now is would that be enough to make the gun not shoot? I will try to get it to the shop tomorrow or the next day and maybe they will be able to tell me. Also were could i get those pieces and how much would they cost?
Thanks for all the help.
~Samuel

Hossy
12-25-2006, 07:38 PM
i dont think so.
Remember your gun isnt that exact one, so id say your fine for now :)

Bear foot inc
12-25-2006, 09:35 PM
Well i looked up the part list for the SE and here it is: http://www.bountyhunterspaintball.com/images/armory/parts/spyder_se.gif
And it has the same parts back there as the other one but it was lacking in my gun. I still cant figure out the problem.
Any more suggestions?
~Samuel

Nenkitsune
12-25-2006, 09:42 PM
anyways, look inside of the back of your gun where all those parts came out of. youll probably need a light, but when you look inside it, you should see a metal bar going across the top of the tube horizontally, a pin in the center of the silver valve body. if instead you see a big black thing with a hole, that's the buffer

bigred76
12-25-2006, 09:54 PM
EDITED because Nenkitsune types faster than I: :yeahthat:

Part #22 is the set screw to hold in the bolt pin. Part #27 is the small shim in between the spring guide and velocity adjuster screw.

#22 is needed, as your bolt won't connect to your striker otherwise (lol, not a commonly removed part either way), but #27 you can do without. Look inside your lower tube and see what might be holding it up. Get me on AIM and we might be able to solve your problem tonight. My SN is armedfuture. :)

Bear foot inc
12-25-2006, 09:59 PM
Yea there is something like a thick black washer in there!!! So that is causing all my problems? How do i get it out and then were do i put it?
Thanks so much for the help,
~Samuel

Nenkitsune
12-25-2006, 10:11 PM
well, you could try using a pencil and fishing it out. anything that's long and thin enough to get inside of it would work. a knitting rod thingy would work pretty well i would think. anyways, spyders are pretty easy guns to maintain. compared to higher end guns, there isn't too much to a spyder lol.

Bear foot inc
12-25-2006, 10:32 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOT i got it fixed!!!!! Thanks so much you guys (and especially you big red for staying up and IMing me about it to help me) it now works like a charm.
The whole problem was the buffer and after i took it out and put it in the wright spot i was good to go.
Thanks again.
~Samuel

*edit* Nenkitsune i did not see your post. That was just what i did. i used a croshay(sp?) hook and it worked good.

Nenkitsune
12-25-2006, 10:56 PM
ahh, XP good to hear your guns working again

Bear foot inc
12-26-2006, 06:41 PM
Yep its working good. And also the guy gave me $10 back to cover the hassle. So it was $80 for the whole deal. Oh and what kind of a scope/site would you suggest? I cant just site down the barrel cuz the hopper tube is in the way.

Nenkitsune
12-26-2006, 06:54 PM
i wouldn't suggest a site/scope. paintball markers are too inaccurate for one to be good for anything but looks. i would actually suggest getting a better hopper. the quantum has been known to basically be an anti-feed hopper XP

Bear foot inc
12-29-2006, 07:38 PM
Ok what kind of a hoper would you recommend? I think I'll skip the scope idea too. I tried a .22 scope and it shoots about 2 feet high and is a royal pain to get your eye centred right so as to be able to see out of it, so that does not help much.