PDA

View Full Version : Interference by a 3rd Party in the sales forum

Sgt Wolverine
01-15-2006, 03:09 PM
If a person has an item for sale/trade in the sales forum and an offer is made by a second person is it acceptable for a 3rd person to post that the offer is too high or too low, thus influencing the seller?

TheRedBarron
01-15-2006, 03:17 PM
You have a PM.

phatphil
01-15-2006, 03:29 PM
That would be considered spamming. If there is a problem in one of your threads just talk to a mod and they will edit the post(s) for you.

TheRedBarron
01-15-2006, 03:35 PM
Thank you Phil. Problem resolved as far as I know.

phatphil
01-15-2006, 06:24 PM
No prob red, glad to hear the problem's resolved.

Sgt Wolverine
01-15-2006, 06:40 PM
That would be considered spamming. If there is a problem in one of your threads just talk to a mod and they will edit the post(s) for you.

I'm not saying I've had a problem with it, just would like to hear other's opinions.

WhatThaSmurf
01-15-2006, 07:04 PM
i don't like seeing people get ripped off, thats even less cool than interfering

Recon by Fire
01-15-2006, 09:12 PM
You should stay out of a sales thread unless you have some objection like; "Hey, I bought that marker from you and sent you the money, now you are selling it to someone else!"

tigerdave714
01-15-2006, 09:35 PM
On one hand, I would like to think that people would stay out of the way if I was about to get a really good deal on something (if I was the one buying). But on the other hand I would like to think that someone would interfere and let me know if I could get more for something (if I was the one selling). Not sure if I'm fully wrapping my head around your question though.

bamf-hacker
01-16-2006, 05:46 AM
use PM's to talk to the seller. Then no one knows what is going on and the seller has the chance to make good if they want to.

I did that with someone here selling a barrel. The selling price used was what a few stores had it for new. The seller then went back to the post and changed the price, and I think it sold too.

My .02

HacKeR

claustrophobia9
01-16-2006, 07:57 AM
if the communication is public, then the public has rights to intervien(sp)

BallerX
01-16-2006, 11:38 AM
Claus has a point, it pains me to say. ;)

But I think any communications in that regard should be done via PM. Send it to the person getting ripped off if you want, but I don't feel that communication should be in the public view.

We're all responsible for ourselves here. If I get ripped off on the price of something, it's because I failed to do my research. If someone else gets ripped off, it's because the failed to do theirs.

Howevfer, I don't think offers should be made in the public forums either. I think a list price should be displayed and offers and counter offers should be made via PMs.

DFSniper
01-22-2006, 05:10 AM
i dont know about the offer part, but ive told people before that their prices are too close to brand-new prices, so they'd get more interests if they lowered their selling prices some...