PDA

View Full Version : Which of these?

vikingshadow
12-24-2006, 01:50 PM
At the risk of starting ANOTHER energy drink thread, I've found that lately I've needed a bit more energy than normal. However, I didn't want to make a poll because I'd like to do a number rating here.

Here's what I've found that is available in my area, so don't talk about what's NOT on the list, k?

Monster Energy
Monster Assault
Monster Khaos
Amp
Red Bull
Red Bull Light
S O Be Adrenalin Rush (Can't believe I had to avoid the swear filter on this!)
S O Be Gold
Couple other kinds of ***e
Max
Kick Ass
Rockstar (and the various flavors of said Rockstar...)

Now, I'm old and don't really pay much attention to fads, but I've tried Red Bull, Amp, ***e Adrenalin Rush and Monster Khaos. So far, my favorite is the Monster Khaos, but it doesn't seem to give me any energy as advertised.

What I need you do to is list the ones that I listed above and rate them from 1-5 as far as flavor and then 1-5 as far as the energy you get. I do understand that you crash after this stuff, and other things that caffene does to your body -

Have fun!

Muddytaco
12-24-2006, 02:08 PM
I have tried most of those, my ratings:

Amp-
my favorite as far as flavor, so 5
boost, maybe 3

redbull-
flavor is kind of like beer, the more you drink it the more you like it, so flavor of 4 but i have been drinking them for a long time
boost 5, gives me the highest boost of all the drinks

s ob e adrenalin rush-
flavor 3
boost maybe 2

rockstar-
flavor 3-4
boost 2

monster, had them all but forgot which is which flavor-
flavor 3-4
boost 2-3

calebh
12-24-2006, 03:34 PM
the greatest energy boost ever: sleep
most healthy energy boost ever: sleep
enjoyability on a scale of 1-5 for sleep: 6
energy on a scale of 1-5 for sleep: 6

not a fan of energy drinks, if you cant tell. i figure if a person is so busy they have to have an energy boost, they should relax. granted, one or two here or there can't hurt, but to regularly consume the things simply can't be healthy for anyone.

around here, all the (already) hyperactive kids like monster and rockstar.

vwjimmy
12-24-2006, 05:25 PM
I drink way too many of these and I vote Rockstar all the way!!!!!!
I will drink Red Bull in a pinch but Rockstar is better! :)

vikingshadow
12-24-2006, 05:48 PM
Which Rockstar is better? The quick stop behind my house has like 5 different flavors, I think.

Right now, I have a S ob e Gold sitting in my frigerator, but it's one of those 2 serving cans - those dang things give me a headache!

Nader
12-24-2006, 08:10 PM
I believe So-be drinks are the healthiest for you....but I'm not sure. If you're going to be drinking an energy drink regularly, I'd find something thats betta for you.

Team Ramrod
12-24-2006, 08:12 PM
i don't drink energy drink but i can say this:

your all banned for avoiding the swear filter :p

vwjimmy
12-24-2006, 08:31 PM
I drink the Diet Rockstar Vike....
It is like the Black Can....

phatphil
12-24-2006, 08:53 PM
The only ones I've had are Rockstar and Amp. Rockstar tasted like crap, but had a decent amount of boost to it. Amp tasted good, but really didn't have any more energy than a can of Mt. Dew.

calebh
12-24-2006, 09:39 PM
mt. dew has energy? maybe ive just consumed too much caffeine in my lifetime for it to have an effect on me anymore lol

UKwithPride
12-24-2006, 11:54 PM
My favorite is the Rockstar juice+guava. only has 270 calories in the biggest can and they are delicioussss.

*EM1-Master*
12-25-2006, 05:54 AM
I drink the No Carb Rockstar. The taste is great and has higher caffeine and guarana content than other drinks to make up for the lack of sugar.

pbfreak3221
12-25-2006, 07:02 AM
Alright I am a huge energy drink guy, and I'll tell you my favorites. To start it off I'll start it with Jolt Energy drink. This is the first energy drink to be mass produced. They just released a new can, and it looks amazing. It looks almost like a spray paint can. It's flavors are awesome, they silver tastes like sprite, the red like coke, and the other flavors I have yet to try. Also it gives me an unusual kick. It feels as if the inside of my body is shaking.
Then there is red bull. Now personally I love the taste. It sort of settles in your mouth, and leaves a nice lemony taste. I sort of group amp in this catagory aswell, although I found very little rush from this.Another one that I am quite fond of is Full Throttle. Full throttle is pretty new on the market, and is produced by coca-cola. It comes in several flavors, and they are all amazing. They don't give to much of a kick, but then again you don't want to be bouncing off the walls as a teacher.
Then last but not least... There is cocaine. I recently pooled some money with my friends and ordered some. It is terrible. It gives you an unbelivable rush, with no crash as advertised, however it feels terrible to drink it. I have others describe it as when you drink it, it feels as if the lining of your stomach is falling off, and all I can say is, that is about right. That is the most imformation I feel like saying right now, I hope it helped.

TheRedBarron
12-28-2006, 08:28 PM
I know it is old, but.

Redbull and Bawls are the only 2 that I drink. For more reasons then one. REdbull mostly because it has alot of stuff in it that is good for you ontop of the stuff that is bad ;). Bawls because it taste like skittles.

Gunny462
12-29-2006, 03:09 AM
Redbull alllll the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cuz ya can mix it with jager and\or baren :D

wylde01
01-03-2007, 12:37 PM
ive tried full throttle, NOS, amp, and now coolah. out of all of those the best tasting is amp but the one that has given the most energy has to be the coolah.(but it taste bad, it is a lemon tang)

big_daddy_d
01-03-2007, 12:54 PM
Rockstar LoCarb Berry Flavor (blue can), or the Guava or Passion Fruit flavors FTW...

Hoppy11
01-03-2007, 01:34 PM
My absolute favorite is S obe No Fear. The origonal is the best but the 24k Gold isn't bad either. I also like Full Throttle Origonal and Fury. Amp is good, Monster is good. Rockstar is ok.. but I would only drink it if that was the only energy drink left on the face of the earth. Oh and I only drink Red Bull w/ Jager although Im starting to swith over to Monster with it because it tastes pretty similar and I get more energy for cheaper price.

*EM1-Master*
01-03-2007, 02:53 PM
Rockstar LoCarb Berry Flavor (blue can), or the Guava or Passion Fruit flavors FTW...
FTW indeed. As stated earlier.

I'm still your goto guy for Cocaine though! Heh:)

FredPo
01-03-2007, 02:54 PM
Vike, in order to save yourself a lot of money. Start drinking coffee. Cheap, full of caffeine, and the latest research is showing that coffee has more antioxidants than any other drink out there (compared to like green tea). Antioxidants help to find off harmful toxins in the body so w/ coffee, you get an energy drink plus a load of antioxidants to help your health.
If you insist on getting an energy drink though, I always drink the ***E NO FEAR sugar free. There is al ot of sugar in these energy drinks so for your health's sake, drink the sugar free.

Fred

vikingshadow
01-03-2007, 04:16 PM
Well, I honestly haven't drank a single one since I made this post originally. Apparantly, I was tired so much because I was coming down with something that knocked me out for almost all of Christmas break. All I did was sit around and feel sick for a week, then I started feeling better...

I honestly can't drink coffee. I tried, starting from when I was a kid. I loved the smell of it (my dad drank nearly a pot of coffee - or more, every day.) Then in college I tried it again, with every combination and flavor I could find - sugar, milk, creamer, black, lots of sugar, not so much sugar, lots of milk, not so much - any combination I could get. I just can't drink it! I'll just stick to water, tea and juice, I guess!

QAZ123
01-07-2007, 08:27 PM
Vitalert (http://www.performancelabs.com/Products/Vitalert/VitalertMain.html)

Go to Wal-Mart. Get this vitamin. Seriously I alway's feel great when I'm on it. I go off it sometimes to try different vitamins but alway's go back to this one. Or look it up on yahoo for info on it.

I don't like energy drinks but Red Bull is good. Red Bull and vodka is better except I felt like I was going to have a heart attack at 7 in the morning after drinking a few on new years night.

JB.

Total90Oliver
01-07-2007, 09:11 PM
Amp-3

redbull-4

s ob e adrenalin rush- Only drank half a bottle, but it was good, a 4

rockstar- Never Tried it

monster- 5, awsome as heck, best energy drink I have evr had, at least Monster Energy is.

Redbull Light-5, tastes a little diff. but better, and less sugar

El Duche
01-09-2007, 06:42 AM
wait, we can't say *** but kick ass is perfectly fine? what if I'm talking about those wonderfully worthless timmy boards?

the only drink I've had on that list is monster. It isn't bad but it didn't really do anyhting for me. Bawls left me lacking also. I used to wake up and drink one before going to flags at work this summer but it didn't help at all. try coffee; a good light roast should have you on your toes.

EDIT: wtf swear filter indeed

vikingshadow
01-09-2007, 10:52 AM
who says you can't say ass? The whole idea is to not avoid the swear filter by using & @ * ) ^ etc...

The words that are in the filter are the ones that you shouldn't avoid. Type them in and the filter bleeps them - all's well with the world, children sleep at night and the bird's songs are prettier than ever. Avoid the filter, and anarchy reighs supreme...

TheRedBarron
01-09-2007, 10:57 AM
all's well with the world, children sleep at night and the bird's songs are prettier than ever. Avoid the filter, and anarchy reighs supreme...

stay away from those meds, those are for gunny.

oh btw, I can say ass can you say ass?

Total90Oliver
01-09-2007, 11:12 AM
hm...ass

vikingshadow
01-09-2007, 02:52 PM
stay away from those meds, those are for gunny.

Dang it! I need them to get through my work day! Come on, just one more. Plllleeeeeasssseeee?????

El Duche
01-09-2007, 04:27 PM
who says you can't say ass? The whole idea is to not avoid the swear filter by using & @ * ) ^ etc...

The words that are in the filter are the ones that you shouldn't avoid. Type them in and the filter bleeps them - all's well with the world, children sleep at night and the bird's songs are prettier than ever. Avoid the filter, and anarchy reighs supreme...
last time I checked nobody made a three letter word for donkey board for a timmy..........

vikingshadow
01-09-2007, 04:58 PM
??? I guess I'm lost on this one. What do you mean?

timmyshoota
01-09-2007, 05:04 PM
He's saying that S O B is filtered, but ass isn't?

Oh noes, I avoided the swear filter. :dodgy:

vikingshadow
01-09-2007, 05:06 PM
Oh, ok - I totally forgot about that board.

QAZ123
01-09-2007, 05:08 PM
Me too. The only thing I can figure he is talking about is the Timmy s..o...b board. Not sure about the donkey thing.

JB.

timmyshoota
01-09-2007, 05:11 PM
I think he meant when people say *** board, its filtered, and you would think people are saying ass board. I was kinda confused too, which means I'm probably wrong.

*EM1-Master*
01-09-2007, 06:02 PM
Naw I think you're right. But...

Everyone should just drink Cocaine. Screw all the other drinks :)

El Duche
01-09-2007, 07:34 PM
Oh, ok - I totally forgot about that board.
that's cause it's worthless.