PDA

View Full Version : do i need a electric hopper?

spider_pilot06
12-23-2006, 02:49 PM
dou have to have a electronic hopper?.. cuz i still have to buy a nitrogen tank

DRAGON
12-23-2006, 02:52 PM
With the pilot? I'd get the hopper before the tank. You can use C02 temporarily but using a cheap gravity feed hopper could turn that marker into a chop-o-matic -

MVS1
12-24-2006, 11:22 AM
Take a look at used items, hopper, air tanks, etc. The sales corner here and other sites are good resources as well as ebay, paintball classifieds (online), etc. You could probably pick up a used hopper and airtank for what you where planning on paying for a new airtank. Just a thought...

spider_pilot06
12-24-2006, 12:03 PM
so if i dont get a electric hopper then my gun will break???

vikingshadow
12-24-2006, 01:03 PM
No, but you will break a lot of paint - chop, that is. Gravity feed just can't keep up with an electric gun. Without eyes to detect the absence of paint, you're going to chop. Period - unless you one ball it all the time. Loader before tank, if you ask me!

Hob Hayward
12-24-2006, 02:23 PM
Well The ACS works pretty well in my experience, minimal choppage, even on auto... If your on a really tight budget you can get away with using a grav hopper. My friend has been using a grav feed for a year no on his pilot and it hasn't been much of a problem. Co2 is alos fine unless you plan to play speedball and will be putting down masses of paint.

DRAGON
12-24-2006, 02:54 PM
Worse advice I've seen anyone give around here for a while. You say ACS works pretty good from your experience, yet you don't even have one do you? It's common knowledge that an electronic hopper is one of the first things you'll need when getting any electronic powered marker -

spider_pilot06
12-24-2006, 04:10 PM
lol how in the hell does he knoweverything about his friends gun that guys has a imagine w*e tho thanks

vikingshadow
12-24-2006, 04:41 PM
Well, while an ACS is a good investment, especially for those without eyes, it's better to have a loader that can feed faster than what you can shoot. That way, there is always a ball ready to be chambered and ready to shoot. What happens if it's not fast enough is that the ball gets fed about halfway and then the bolt slams into it and chops it in half. With gravity fed, or the old shake-n-bake hoppers, I think (if I remember correctly) the fastest you can go is about 4-5 bps, and ANYONE can shoot faster than that!

The ACS is designed to give way and not chop the ball, but unless it's broken in correctly that rarely happens. Now, if you have a loader that pushes the balls in before the bolt can cycle, AND have an ACS bolt, and then even better, if you have eyes on your gun - it's not a 100 percent failsafe, but it's as close as your going to get to never chopping a ball ever again on that gun!

It WILL NOT break your gun. However, it will cause you some problems as far as having breaks and having to clean your gun quite often - of course there's the problem of getting a piece of shell in there and jamming your bolt. Not serious, but you will have fits in the middle of a gun fight if that happens!

spider_pilot06
12-24-2006, 04:59 PM
im really new to this sorry but what are eyes?

MVS1
12-26-2006, 10:24 AM
Eyes are sensors that prevent the marker from firing unless a ball is loaded and positioned properly to be fired, thats about as simple as it gets. It can be more complex than that but lets try K.I.S.S. and go from there. Everybody has their own favorite when it comes to setups, the key is that if you want to "maximize" your marker the first set is making sure that everytime you pull the trigger a ball is present, there's only oneway to do that, electronic hopper, gravity hoppers can be used, however they will never feed fast enough to keep with your marker when operating at its potential. What electronic hopper to use? That all comes down to how much you want to spend. View Loaders Evolution II (a.k.a. Egg) is pretty much your entry level semi-force feed electronic hopper, you can find them for around $50. From there it all comes down to preferrence, some prefer the Halo over the Empire and vice versa, who much you want to spend is the key. For the under $100 areana look at the Kingman Fasta, Vlocity Jr., the Halo B and Empire B can be found for under $100 if you look around.

Keep one thing in mind, money you spend now on a hopper will save you money in the long run. If you get an Egg III (+/- $79), Kingman Fasta ($50-$80 depending on type), Halo B (+/- $100), Empire B (+/- $100), Vlocity ($139) or even Pulse ($150), you'll most likely never have to worry about upgrading to a better hopper as you get a higher level marker. Hoppers are universal and will work with just about any marker. One thing you can do is go to www.pbreview.com and read some of the reviews made by people. You need to weed through the reviews that are helpful and the ones that are not. The more educated you are the happier you will be with your purchase. Good luck, whatever you decide on will be better than a gravity feed hopper.