PDA

View Full Version : List if the necesary upgrades

Glasher
12-23-2006, 04:30 AM
Well I've heard that theirs some upgrade to do in order for the MR2 to work proprely and i'm planing on using mine in my Scenario tourny so I need it to be as good as it can get.

I've heard theirs a change on the bolt to make it better reducing the chop(alamo City) I would get a new feedneck also but SPPS(somehting like that) doesn't ship to Canada. A fitting stabelizer(already have that oen tho). What else would be needed to be update on the MR2 so it can be effective performance wise(for the look I,m ok with that)

Hob Hayward
12-23-2006, 07:57 AM
There are no NECESSARY upgrades, but good things to get would first and foremost a decent hopper and a nice barrel. Note that only a few barrels fit in the MR2 shroud, the J&J ceramic is one of those.

If you get a forcefeed loader be sure to deactivate the ACS mechanism in the bolt or to buy a new bolt from alamo city. Otherwise you'll get double firing issues.

darth massacre
12-23-2006, 11:14 AM
As Hob says, there are no real necessary upgrades - I used the MR2 out of the box and it worked great with a good hopper.

But if you need more ideas, just read thru the posts here and you'll get tonnes. I'd start with 'pbgrandpa's thread. There are also barrel, bolt, buttstock, grip, foregrip/rail threads for starters and there are internal upgrade threads too. Its enough information there.

Glasher
12-23-2006, 03:10 PM
Is an Egg2 forcefeed hooper ?

QuiGonKen
12-23-2006, 04:13 PM
I would get a new feedneck also but SPPS(somehting like that) doesn't ship to Canada.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MR1-MR2-Spyder-N...QQcmdZViewItem

Voodoo27909
12-24-2006, 10:21 PM
Not exactly to answer the EGG2 question. While it is an outstanding hopper, it is based more on the aggitating design. I use a EGG with no issues at all with my MR2, but I do want to switch to a forcefeed hopper in the near future after reading the field reports from owners who have fixed the early issues with the MR2, and are using the force fed hoppers. The "upped" MR2's seem to be happier with a forcefeed in any firing mode, while I have to stay away from full auto while using my aggitating EGG (...of course, how often do any of us really get to use full auto anyway??).

Glasher
12-25-2006, 06:17 AM
Haha true! But I just asked to have one single topic with solution to all the little prob like the choping the bolt wearing(heard that somewhere) etc