PDA

View Full Version : Luxfer Tank owners...READ NOW!!!

druid
12-23-2006, 12:33 AM
Note.....this only affects 316 paintball cylinders...NOT ALL! Check your tanks against the list, go to the Luxfer site and input the serial number or call them. Link provided is to warpig but the Luxfer site is listed in the article.

http://www.warpig.com/newswire/prwire_releases/1166530031270.shtml[/URL]

CYLINDERS MUST BE TESTED FOR SAFETY
Arrowhead Industrial Services
Non compliant paintball cylinders must be tested to verify that they are safe.
Arrowhead Industrial Services, a cylinder test and inspection company, is attempting to locate 316 composite paintball cylinders that may not have been properly tested. These cylinders, manufactured by Luxfer, are labeled with hydrostatic test dates ranging from May 2005 through September 2005.
On May 1, 2006, the U.S. Department of Transportation issued a safety notice concerning these cylinders and posted a serial number list and the following statement in the Federal Register: “A person with a listed cylinder should discontinue use of the cylinder and return it to Arrowhead . . . so that autofrettage and hydrostatic test can be completed before its next use.” Transport Canada has issued a similar statement concerning non-compliant cylinders being used in Canada.
If you own one or more of these cylinders, you are legally required to comply with these government requirements.
The serial numbers of all affected paintball cylinders are also available electronically on the Internet at [URL="http://www.luxfercylinders.com/ctest"]www.luxfercylinders.com/ctest (http://www.warpig.com/newswire/prwir...30031270.shtml) in a special database that will automatically and quickly check your serial numbers for you and determine which cylinders, if any, require testing. Each affected cylinder must be removed from service immediately and sent in for testing.
If any of your paintball cylinders need to be tested, please call this toll-free number:1-800-355-3156. A customer service representative will arrange to have your cylinders tested and returned to you promptly at no charge.
If removing cylinders from service would create a hardship for you, the customer service representative can also arrange to exchange your cylinders for replacement cylinders at no charge.

bigred76
12-23-2006, 01:09 AM
I'm glad I got a Carleton... Thanks for the heads up, I'll be watching out for those tanks at my local field!

druid
12-23-2006, 02:10 AM
well, consider it a public service announcement from the local law enforcement :D

UKwithPride
12-23-2006, 02:28 AM
DK103036 is ok.

vikingshadow
12-23-2006, 03:52 AM
Wow - didn't Luxfer have problems with their tanks a couple years ago also? Seems to be a recurring problem with them...

leed
12-23-2006, 09:07 AM
Yeah they did. Luckily all 3 of my Luxfer tanks within those dates are safe. -phew-

TheRedBarron
12-23-2006, 10:08 AM
all of mine check out.

Muddytaco
12-23-2006, 10:50 AM
Wow - didn't Luxfer have problems with their tanks a couple years ago also? Seems to be a recurring problem with them...

year and half ago it was GCI tanks, which I did have. Hope nobody has one, when i had a gci tank i didn't have my tank for 2 months.

Nenkitsune
12-23-2006, 11:08 AM
lol I've got an SCI tank, so im safe. go dye haha. actually, go super cheap tank (100 shipped XP)