PDA

View Full Version : Expansion Chambers

powerslave_565
12-21-2006, 10:55 PM
could anyone give me a list of a few good expansion chambers

bigred76
12-21-2006, 11:04 PM
DOP 8 Stage, SP gas-through grip, Bob Long Torpedo, Palmers Stabilizer... you know, the good ones. Regulator > expansion chamber for the price.

Sandman_Bravo
12-22-2006, 01:38 AM
A quality reg pwns x-pansion chambers.

Darkh2o
12-22-2006, 03:09 AM
I realize that a reg is definitely better than an expansion chamber. But if you are not going to convert to LP and are using HPA/compressed air/nitro is it even necessary to get a reg?

kidonfire
12-22-2006, 07:17 AM
I realize that a reg is definitely better than an expansion chamber. But if you are not going to convert to LP and are using HPA/compressed air/nitro is it even necessary to get a reg?

Yeah, I think so. It's an awesome upgrade no matter what. It stabilizes you shot to shot velocity and since the speed is the same with every shot, then it is also more accurate.

08Lud08
12-22-2006, 07:47 AM
If you have hpa and you don't want to go lp then you don't need a regulator. I would see it as a waste considering the tanks output is 800 psi and its pretty consistent.

vikingshadow
12-22-2006, 12:56 PM
Although you don't go LP, you can still lower your pressure your gun requires somewhat - the output of the tank is constantly going to be the same, whereas if you have a regulator on the gun, you can fine tune it to be that much more consistant.

I personally don't see a second regulator as a waste, in fact I ALWAYS list it as my 2nd most important upgrade on any list!

Backmanshooter
12-22-2006, 06:16 PM
In my opinion. a regulator would be a better investment than an expansion chamber. Regulators can be on other markers and would help alot. X chambers are good for CO2, to allow it to expand into a gas. And on high markers, you'd need n2 so you wont ruin the internals. Just my 2 cents.

bigred76
12-22-2006, 09:43 PM
I would consider a regulator as Vike would on my list of top upgrades. First the barrel, then the reg, then everything else. Those two contribute so much to the marker's performance that they are essential in today's paintball, no matter the marker. A good reg will cost ya... eh... $35 used and shipped, and will be way better in the long run than a $20 expansion chamber.