PDA

View Full Version : I am getting my VS2 next week

clericpreston
12-21-2006, 01:41 PM
Really weird question

I am very new and all so, can compressed air go into a 20-oz co2 tank or do i need to buy a specific tank? if it does go into the co2 tank without problems, where do i get the air?

shunut
12-21-2006, 01:43 PM
No, co2 and HPA tanks are not interchangeable. There are tanks that are designated for co2 and tanks that are designated for compressed air.

clickclicksplat
12-21-2006, 02:45 PM
Definatly not interchangeable. CO2 tanks are built to handle like 1500 PSI or so if I remember right, HPA is built for a minimum of 3,000. So if you try to fill a co2 tank with compressed air, the tank would probably explode on you...

Everything you could possibly want to know about air (and paintball in general). (http://www.ottersccustoms.com/air.html)

shunut
12-21-2006, 05:03 PM
...HPA is built for a minimum of 3,000...

There are 3000 psi, 4500 psi and 5000 psi tanks. They can hold a maximum of what ever pressure they are listed for, not minimum. Just wanted to clear that up so nobody is confused.

bigred76
12-21-2006, 07:17 PM
CO2 tanks have disks that will burst at 3,000psi, so I'd assume that they're made to hold 3,500psi. 1800psi is the normal working pressure, though. /bit of trivia.

A 48/3k (cheapest of HPA tanks) will run ya $40-55 or so. They get bigger from there, and more expensive, and sometimes lighter (carbon fiber).

druid
12-21-2006, 08:15 PM
see my sig?

Hob Hayward
12-22-2006, 11:20 AM
CO2 tanks have disks that will burst at 3,000psi, so I'd assume that they're made to hold 3,500psi. 1800psi is the normal working pressure, though. /bit of trivia.

A 48/3k (cheapest of HPA tanks) will run ya $40-55 or so. They get bigger from there, and more expensive, and sometimes lighter (carbon fiber).

Wrong! Normal pressure of co2 is 700-900 psi, not close to 1800. The AVI co2 tanks have 3k burst discs on them, but I think those are probably wrong, because co2 won't expand that much unless you were to put the tank in an over or somthing.

Normal co2 burst discs are 1800.

CareBear-Killer
12-22-2006, 08:42 PM
Wrong! Normal pressure of co2 is 700-900 psi, not close to 1800. The AVI co2 tanks have 3k burst discs on them, but I think those are probably wrong, because co2 won't expand that much unless you were to put the tank in an over or somthing.

This I am willing to believe since 5 minutes in the pure Arizona summer sun and they pop like a toaster. ...well, ok, maybe its more like 10 minutes....

clericpreston
12-26-2006, 08:44 PM
Ok, I got a VS2 and a CO2 tank, what should i be looking for incase something goes wrong and any tips for beginners, like cleaning, and shooting.

bigred76
12-26-2006, 11:02 PM
WRONG! It's 1800WP on the disk, right? WP means "working pressure." ;) If it blew at 1800psi, you'd NEVER get to use your tank. The 1800WP disks are exchangeable with 3k disks. Thanks for trying, Hob. :)

I'd sugest getting your CO2 tank anti-siphoned as it will help the marker out some. Should be fairly cheap to get it done by your local PB shop, or you could even do it yourself so long as you follow the directions to the word.

TheRedBarron
12-26-2006, 11:05 PM
Wrong! .....

As a certified airsmith I can tell you that co2 tanks use a 1800WP or 3k burst disc and that is completely normal, not only is it normal but it is DOT mandatory. If I put a 1800 burst disc on a tank I could have my certs revoked.

clericpreston
12-27-2006, 05:10 PM
What's the difference between a CO2 Tank and a CO2 tank anti-siphoned and an HPA tank, since i just read a forum that says CO2 gets stuck between the guage and the reg or something like that.

clickclicksplat
12-27-2006, 05:24 PM
anti-siphon co2 tank prevents liquid from getting into your gun, which can freeze o-rings and otherwise make bad things happen to your marker.

clericpreston
12-27-2006, 06:42 PM
How would you know if your CO2 Tank has one? and bigred76said a professional can do it for you if you dont have one, stores like sports authority or similar?

clickclicksplat
12-27-2006, 07:00 PM
Doesn't seem like the type of thing sports authority would do, I'd take it to a paintball-specific shop. As for how to tell if the tank has one or not, I honestly don't know. But I'd bet not many come that way purchased new.

Hob Hayward
12-27-2006, 07:01 PM
They don't have one unless you specifically install one. I doubt sports authority folks would know what it was if you asked, you'd have to go to a competent pb proshop. Or possibly TheRedBarron would do it for you.

foretwoone
12-27-2006, 08:00 PM
I dont know if you shot this already, but if you didnt, turn on/off to off side, turn reg all the way down, insert tank and turn on/off to on position, then adjust reg upwards to 210-220, test fire, if gun recocks on its own your ready for paintballs, if not...up pressure until it does, or if at 250psi it still does not recock then take out bolt and oil o-rings.

Edit: I just want to add, you should be shooting hpa, on a gun this price you shouldnt cheap out on the tank, the cheap route in the beginning becomes the expensive route in the long run. Just my advice.

clericpreston
12-27-2006, 08:41 PM
To begin with, I would like to say I appreciate all of your help. It has taught me a lot and i still know there is still a lot more to learn about.

So you're saying, get a HPA tank instead of the Pure Energy 20oz CO2 tank and dont get an anti-siphoned attachment?

What does the HPA tank do, that makes it seem safer than the CO2 Tank?
What type of gas do most people use for this gun?
What does HPA stand for and what are the details on it [Kinda dont understand HPA in genera]?
What type of gas is HPA? N2? And what store can you really get those at?

clickclicksplat
12-27-2006, 09:02 PM
To begin with, I would like to say I appreciate all of your help. It has taught me a lot and i still know there is still a lot more to learn about.

So you're saying, get a HPA tank instead of the Pure Energy 20oz CO2 tank and dont get an anti-siphoned attachment?

What does the HPA tank do, that makes it seem safer than the CO2 Tank?
What type of gas do most people use for this gun?
What does HPA stand for and what are the details on it [Kinda dont understand HPA in genera]?
What type of gas is HPA? N2? And what store can you really get those at?
Everything you ever wanted to know about air and paintball in general (http://www.ottersccustoms.com/air.html)

Basically, with the VS, co2 runs the risk of expanding and blowing the gauge, or freezing up o-rings and doing other nasty things to your gun... If you read your manual (hint hint ;) :p ) kingman recommends the VS only be used with HPA.

HPA = High Pressure Air, N2 = nitrogen... for paintball purposes, make no distinction between the two.

bigred76
12-27-2006, 11:50 PM
You can install an Anti-Siphon yourself easily... just need a kit to do it. Like... this one. (http://www.paintballexpress.com/item.asp?n=TKCST&k=TKCST&sc=FRGL) Druid has a guide to do it, lemme look it up.

clericpreston
12-28-2006, 06:38 AM
Problem is I bought the CO2 tank and prefer not to pay the 7% restocking fee. I only bought the CO2 tank for 25 bucks so its all good. Just have to save up for a HPA tank later and where do I go to fill up the HPA tank? Sports Authority or ****'s Sporting Goods?

Opteron-O3
12-28-2006, 07:44 AM
www.paintballgear.com :thumbup:

clickclicksplat
12-28-2006, 10:00 AM
Problem is I bought the CO2 tank and prefer not to pay the 7% restocking fee. I only bought the CO2 tank for 25 bucks so its all good. Just have to save up for a HPA tank later and where do I go to fill up the HPA tank? Sports Authority or ****'s Sporting Goods?

Getting HPA filled is tougher then co2... you generally need to go to a paintball shop/field or a dive shop.