PDA

View Full Version : New to the boards

paintballinfool
12-19-2006, 09:38 AM
I am new to the boards and Just wanted to say Hey. I bought a Camo Rodeo this spring and I have only played a couple times with it. I was wondering what upgrades you all would recommend. I replaced all the springs inside and I am looking at getting a new Barrel I was thinking of going with the Empire Twister in the 16". I really haven't played to much mainly just buddies with cheap guns then we all wanted better guns so we bought new ones most every one I play with have tippman 98's there is one spyder besides mine. I am looking to playing as soon as it warms up a bit. Anyone from Idaho.

bigred76
12-19-2006, 01:17 PM
Haha, I love your choice of a display name. :) Welcome to the Forums, I hope you enjoy your stay here and learn as much about the Sport as you want! :)

Sounds like you have a great bunch of guys to play with. Is this at an outlaw field so you guys "own" it? Or someone's woodsball field?

I'd say that the Empire is an alright barrel for what it costs, but would go with a shorter 14" or 12" barrel. It allows you to manuever quicker as you don't have to worry about the extra 2", but also minimizes what you can stick your gun through (like brush, etc, if that's your kind of play). I'd also sugest a J&J Ceramic, CP One Piece, or a Smart Parts Progressive/Teardrop. All are great barrels for the price.

I'd check the Players Looking For Players (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42) board here, as you can find out if there is anyone from Idaho here. If you don't find a thread already via a search, then feel free to post a new one! :)