PDA

View Full Version : remote for nitro

batnan
12-18-2006, 06:57 PM
can you use a remote coil for nitro or is it only for co2? I have an 06 w/ eyes
I've been looking for some upgrade sugg. i have been having some probs with chopping, my gun was searing and just got it back from kingman and finally took it back out and was still having probs but i think it was the paint. any help would be great!!

shunut
12-18-2006, 07:00 PM
Yes you can use a remote with HPA.

bamf-hacker
12-18-2006, 07:00 PM
Yep I do it all the time...

batnan
12-18-2006, 07:03 PM
thx for the quik repy, i dont have a tank yet wat size do you guys recomend?

shunut
12-18-2006, 07:05 PM
well if you are going to put it in your pack/attach it off your gun you aren't going to want anything extremely heavy. I'd probably go 45/4500, maybe 68/4500. Go down to your local shop and check them out, size and weight wise and see what one you think you'll feel comfortable with.

Hob Hayward
12-18-2006, 07:20 PM
If you have a remote you can use co2 without the problem of worrying about freezing up your gun. IMO I'd stick with co2, but if you have the money to spend on HPA it is worth it for a horizontal mounted tank.

batnan
12-18-2006, 07:27 PM
using a remote doesn't have the same effect as it being on the gun the c02 I mean.

fxdbi
12-18-2006, 09:11 PM
Using a remote would have the co2 tank upright as opposed to being horizontal - which from reading here and over on http://www.ottersccustoms.com/ allows the liquid to form into the gas before entering into the gun. With it horizontal, an anti-siphon does similar - a tube inside the tankt that goes up to the top most portion to get as much of the gas form as possible - which is why there are expansion chambers to help aid in the liquid turning to gas form as well. HPA doesn't care wich oritentation the bottle is at because it is not a liquid as co2 is.

Unless I am wrong, which considering I do not have a marker yet (one more week) I could be.....

bigred76
12-19-2006, 01:07 AM
You are indeed correct! I used to do it all the time with my Spyder. For an HPA tank in a pack, keep in mind that your tank can't be bigger than what the holder on your pack can manage.