PDA

View Full Version : Lubing your gun?

ryder0811
12-18-2006, 02:06 AM
Ok, so I just bought my first paintball gun. I bought a vs3. Never being into paintball before and having some friends as noob as me Im not excactly sure how to lube my gun. Should I take it all the way apart and lube all o-rings individualy or is there an easier way? I havent shot more then a hundred balls through it yet and Im getting air leaking through the barrel and its not cocking all the way back during fast fire. Im hoping lubing it will help. Im running at 320psi. Maybe to much air? Im not sure so any info would help.

bamf-hacker
12-18-2006, 05:10 AM
First welcome to SOC and Paintball.

If you want to lube your gun the right way yes take it apart and lube it up. Not only will that get everything nice and lubed, it will teach you about your gun. Nothing worse than being at the field and having an issue and trying to strip your gun down for the first time.

Now there is an easier way to lube your gun and it is not really a bad thing. Take the barrel and tank off the gun. Put about 5 drops of oil in the ASA (where you screw your tank into). Put the tank on the gun and shoot it about 20 times. This will send oil through out the gun. If you do this indoors, hold a towel over the end of the breach or you WILL shoot out oil. Also I know I said it already, but make sure to remove the barrel.

Let us know if you have more questions and again WELCOME!!!

kidonfire
12-18-2006, 08:39 AM
Also read our "Bible" (link (http://ottersccustoms.com/)). A great website that you should read through with lots of great stuff. read through as much as you can. it will really help, and you will know more about your gun than you probably need to know :p .

scpres1
12-18-2006, 12:47 PM
Also, I have a VS2, and my dad has a VS3. If you experience Re-Cocking problems, just pull out the bolt, and the striker and put acouple drops of oil on the o-rings and let it sit for about 2 mins. Then wipe the excess oil off, and put your marker back together. Hook up your air tank, and shoot it about 20 times to make sure its all lubed up. That should fix it.

foretwoone
12-25-2006, 11:40 AM
I thought oils bad for the delrin bolt(atleast thats what it says in our bible).

clickclicksplat
12-25-2006, 03:30 PM
My VS2 came covered with semisolid lubricant on the bolt when I took it out of the box... do I need to wipe that off, or is it just the liquid stuff that causes swelling?

foretwoone
12-25-2006, 08:39 PM
Im sure if it came that way from the factory u can leave it, besides the fact that its under warranty, but if that was put on by a store you bought it from then take it off.

clickclicksplat
12-25-2006, 08:49 PM
I ordered it online, so I have absolutly no idea who put it on...

foretwoone
12-25-2006, 11:10 PM
When you order guns online they dont gas up guns like a shop or field. Therefore leave on the grease, the factory put it on. I really hate how some fields/stores feel the need to gas up and grease guns, when they have no business touching a gun and selling it as brand new, if theres a problem people need to send it to kingman. Thats why i always buy online.

bigred76
12-26-2006, 12:28 AM
Well, you have to consider it a service when they make sure the marker works well before selling it.