PDA

View Full Version : New Marker. My third one?

ShadowX
12-17-2006, 06:53 AM
Well, for some reason I keep trying different markers and I always come back to the ION..:rolleyes: This is the third ION I have owned since they came out.. Ease of maintainence, never chops, always shoots straight, and gentle on paint, what more could you want?

The ups on this one are:

Smart Parts All-American
Shocktech feedneck
Blue Dynasty body
Kila ball detents
Smart Part 360 Swivel QEV
Bob Long Torpedo Reg
Hybrid Contract Killer grips
Evil rail and on/off

Pics:
http://i17.tinypic.com/2z6dmy8.jpg

http://i10.tinypic.com/478r3v6.jpg

I think I am going to put a Version C T-board in it sometime after Christmas.. After that though, I will be finished upgrading it... The trigger is ok for me because of Ramping and PSP modes.

splater18
12-17-2006, 07:32 AM
thats a pretty sweet ion

TheRedBarron
12-17-2006, 08:47 AM
Nice chair.

08Lud08
12-17-2006, 09:08 AM
Nice chair.
QFT the floral design is beatiful

Hossy
12-17-2006, 09:10 AM
Nice chair.

agreed, but im likein that pool.

the shrubbery is lookin nice too

TheRedBarron
12-17-2006, 09:29 AM
Hey... just because I made a funny doesnt give everyone else the right to go off topic on the thread.

I too enjoy a good ion, there is nothing wrong with them at all, the reason why so many people hate them is because they are pissed that you spent maybe 300 bucks and can compete with them (im not saying your marker is better or even comparable to a higher end, but an Ion can compete just fine)

Moe
12-17-2006, 09:45 AM
Not a huge fan of the dynasty bodies, But cool. I do suppose.

08Lud08
12-17-2006, 12:14 PM
but for real, I don't like dynasty bodies on ions because they look off center but other than that its good. I personally like ions my self and im thinking about buying one and customizing it to hell.

Hossy
12-17-2006, 12:28 PM
then lud, dont buy one, buy parts and put them together.
it will be cheaper then if u buy the ion, and then buy the same parts to customize it.

i say any new body on the ion is a + because the stock one is ugly. anything flashy is good to me :thumbup:

yamaha cow
12-17-2006, 12:55 PM
doike the body but the rest is bangin

FredPo
12-17-2006, 04:13 PM
This ion better not take the aim timmys place. It'll hurt its little feelings.

Fred

ShadowX
12-18-2006, 02:21 AM
Thanks for all of the comments guys.. And yes the pool is very nice when it is not Decemeber, Lol..

Red, you are right about it competeing.. I play mostly Rec ball with some tourny's mixed in and I have found that it (or the other two ION's I have owned) never held me back in any way.

bamf-hacker
12-18-2006, 04:01 AM
Nice additional Ion!

I know someone who has more than one Ion also ;)

Not a fan of the Dynasty body though. But that is a nice chair :D

ShadowX
12-18-2006, 12:28 PM
Yeah, I actually like the Dynasty body.. I didn't like it until I saw it in real life though.. In the pictures it doesn't look too great, I think it looks better in person..

Backmanshooter
12-18-2006, 12:59 PM
Nice Ion. Like the body alot. Looks good. good work.:D

Ace24
12-18-2006, 04:13 PM
After helping my friend build his ION and firing it, putting all the upgrades on it, and seeing how sick it looks now... I'm so tempted to purchase one. I am still a Shocker guy... but ION's are incredible for the price, and for what you can do to them for so little.

If my friend ever sells his, I'm buying it. Under my guidence, hes got it outfitted with a gloss black freak back with blue incert, metallic blue freak tip(teardrop), metallic blue feedneck, metallic blue wave trigger, metallic blue CP ON/OFF, and a QEV. Next step is the Blue Contract Killa grips.

IMO Blue accents/parts look pretty sick on the stock body/trigger frame ION's period haha.

Nice job with this one. Not a huge fan of the Dynasty bodies either... but yours is nice.