NDZ HP Valve
PhyscoBallistics 6" Drop Forward with on off
Evil Detonator Regulator
Halo B Hopper
Dye Stickies
Softest Striker Spring from 32 degrees kit
Trinity 05 Spyder Front Block Reverse w/LPR
Java Preset N2 Tank - 48ci 3000psi

My pilot is currently running at 295 (+/- 5)
This took forever to get set up at the chrono yesterday as it was the first time playing with it. My reg pressure was wierd, I am now running it at 350psi, which I understand is pretty low for a spyder. When I started out yesterday, my gun was shooting way hot at 350+ fps so I changed out the striker spring one at a time from the strongest all the way down to the lowest, finnaly I was able to get it down to under 300 (Field max fps) but the adujust ment is almost all the way out. It was one of the most appreciated markers at my field with even the refs telling me how sick it was, and I was keeping up with the big boys yesterday with no breaks or chops all day.. I love tis marker..

My question is this: Should I change out the valve spring (currently using stock) to a stronger one so that I am not worried about the volicity adjuster falling out? Any help would be great also I don't want to go more than 400 psi on the reg.

shunut
01-15-2006, 08:00 AM
Running at 350 psi for a stock Spyder is unusual but your's isn't stock. I'd suggest going down lower on the PSI. You didn't say you are having any recocking problems so drop the pressure. If I were you I'd try sweet spotting the reg. To do this screw your velocity adjust half way and turn your pressure down to say 200psi. Now slowly turn your reg up until you are shooting consistently around 285 psi and having no cocking problem. Don't play with the velocity adjuster at all while you are doing this, just adjust the reg. Once this is set you'll have lots of adjustment in you velocity and you should be running where you should need to be. Give it a try and let us know how it works out. Also, Welcome to the forum. Never feel shy to ask any question. This group is a good group and you probably aren't going to find a more helpful or friendly bunch around.

ricochet08
01-15-2006, 09:21 AM
:yeahthat: after doing the valve pin mod, i got my imagine recocking @ a bit under 200 psi. but the velocity was low. also, i used some 12g co2's, and i can get up to 70 shots from one cylinder :D but not shooting rapidly. :(

to answer ur question about the valve spring, i'd leave it stock. sounds like ur pilot is right where it should b IMO

Spinal
01-15-2006, 11:42 AM
i thought they say not to go over 280fps?

bigred76
01-15-2006, 12:46 PM
Correct. 280fps is most field's highest. My local field, however, has their max FPS at 275fps. I would put a Low Pressure valve spring in and turn that baby's PSI down. WAY down. ;)

ZeroGeo
01-15-2006, 02:56 PM
Thanks for all the great ideas, Shunut, I did drop the pressure down to 250, and I actually had to bump to the medium spring, I am now hitting 290 dead on. As for the field max mine is 290. At 250, I am playing forever on a tank. I will post some picks of my gat when I get my camera back.

bigred76
01-15-2006, 03:10 PM
Sounds great! Almost as good as my Spyder! :tongue:

ZeroGeo
01-16-2006, 12:06 PM
Hope this works but here is a picture of my gat: http://img82.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spyder28wq.png

Pilot ACS (Red Black Fade)
SP 14" Linear Barrel
NDZ Clamp Feed Neck
NDZ HP Valve
PhyscoBallistics 6" Drop Forward with on off
Evil Detonator Regulator
Halo B Hopper
Dye Stickies
Softest Striker Spring from 32 degrees kit
Trinity 05 Spyder Front Block Reverse w/LPR
Java Preset N2 Tank - 48ci 3000psi

In case you forgot let me know what you think..

bigred76
01-16-2006, 01:00 PM
Hope this works but here is a picture of my gat: http://img82.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spyder28wq.png

Yup, that's a purty gun! :D But it doesn't look like the forums like Imageshack...Lemme see what I can do. ;)

EDIT: Here ya go:
http://tinypic.com/kd0hzl.jpg

ZeroGeo
01-16-2006, 01:55 PM
Bigred You the man...thanks

ricochet08
01-16-2006, 03:43 PM
very nice :) :thumbup:

Ortiz
02-14-2006, 07:36 AM
Hi, I just got the pilot acs and can't get under 300 fps, the lowest it went was 306. I have no clue what to do since I'm new to this. So if anyone can help me i would appreciate it.

shunut
02-14-2006, 08:40 AM
If you have screwed your velocity adjuster all the way out and you are still having this problem you might what to try a spring kit. A lighter main spring and/or a stronger valve spring might do the trick.

ooglieboogliebob
02-14-2006, 01:18 PM
hmm ... is your pilot stock ?? .... What aftermarket parts are you using ... i could imagine this happening if you used HPA in a homemodded gun. Your gonna either need a reg to decrease the psi which'll decrease the fps also, or your gonna need to have different springs as shunut said

Ortiz
02-15-2006, 07:09 PM
my pilot is completely stock and runing co2, im going to try the spring kit and see what happens

ooglieboogliebob
02-16-2006, 03:53 PM
yeah, that should help. Try having a lighter main spring and a heavier valve ... and then work from there :)

druid
02-16-2006, 05:22 PM
or a regulator....in-line or bottomline...

ooglieboogliebob
02-16-2006, 06:02 PM
true, but im trying to tell him the simple solutions, since the pilot does have the weird VA and gas thru i believe, which would have him having to get a few things consisting of reg, va, macroline, and a new asa.

Ortiz
02-24-2006, 10:17 PM
would this work with my pilot acs? i dont want to spend too much
http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en_US/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=9bZvSAwjtuNvUU_cAc2v4AaFShkWQQz9GqQ=?Pro ductSKU=031-1000