PDA

View Full Version : Myspace vs. Facebook

Hossy
12-16-2006, 04:03 PM
so lately at school there was a flier sent out warning parents about the carefulness of putting your info and all out on the internet, with myspace and all, so i was thinking, who here has a myspace, facebook, or any of the sort?

what do you all like better?

IMO i like facebook better, because the names arent like *~insertname~* or like !$p33kly6t)(1$, and theres the news feed that is kinda cool, but also makes people super stalkerish....

Opinions? Comments?

leed
12-16-2006, 04:04 PM
News feed is kind of retarded, IMO. But yeah, I like Facebook better than myspace. Simply because I can block my stalker-ish ex-girlfriend, and I can put up a lot of pictures.

durrell
12-16-2006, 06:08 PM
Eh. I'm not sure. Facebook is nice but it was nicer when it was exclusive to people who were invited in. I personally like MySpace better just because more people have it.

pb34
12-16-2006, 06:21 PM
Facebook is nice but it was nicer when it was exclusive to people who were invited in.

Yea I agree, but I still prefer facebook over myspace.

Ace24
12-16-2006, 06:27 PM
I prefer Facebook... for functionality... but myspace because so many people use it and it's simple.

Its annoying though. It never works right and Tom is too stupid to run his website correctly.

timmyshoota
12-16-2006, 06:49 PM
I have both, and I prefer myspace. Facebook has been great for connecting with old friends though.

TheRedBarron
12-16-2006, 07:02 PM
if I see links people get banned.

Theheroguy
12-16-2006, 07:51 PM
I only have myspace

timmyshoota
12-16-2006, 08:08 PM
if I see links people get banned.
wtf? since when is myspace links against the rules?

TheRedBarron
12-16-2006, 08:22 PM
Spam is against the rules. and if you are posting links to individual myspace pages it is spam. /story.

durrell
12-16-2006, 08:40 PM
www.myspace.com

:dodgy:

TheRedBarron
12-16-2006, 08:43 PM
www.myspace.com

:dodgy:
http://imgs.pbnation.com/smilies/crash.gif

DFSniper
12-16-2006, 10:34 PM
ive never used facebook, and all my friends use myspace

Moe
12-17-2006, 12:12 AM
i ddint read the thread. but if you are in high school and you have a facegbook you need to die. right now. gho the **** away. I have bnoth and dont give a **** which oneis better. myspace is for high school/college, facebook is forcolege, profressional. sp, abide by the rules. god damn it

JMotioN
12-17-2006, 08:53 AM
yeah they talk to us all about myspace

teachers get talked about having them apparently they are not supposed to

im excited about Parakeet, im pretty sure it will deny everyother service out there. written by the kid who did Firefox and Thunderbird, parakeet.com

leed
12-17-2006, 10:27 AM
i ddint read the thread. but if you are in high school and you have a facegbook you need to die. right now. gho the **** away. I have bnoth and dont give a **** which oneis better. myspace is for high school/college, facebook is forcolege, profressional. sp, abide by the rules. god damn it

I can see where you're coming from, but Moe, since when was there a rule that facebook is only for kool kollege kidz?

calebh
12-17-2006, 02:08 PM
myspace is cool. facebook is gay cuz they dont have a group for my school, so i cant join. purevolume's the bomb cuz its got the music. but you cant keep up with ppl as well with purevolume. any of them can be gay, depending on what you do with it. some ppl spend WAYWAYWAY too freaking much time "pimpin" their myspace.

Moe
12-17-2006, 06:03 PM
I can see where you're coming from, but Moe, since when was there a rule that facebook is only for kool kollege kidz?

I guess I was in a bad mood when i posted that? haha. I really dont care, though I did like facebook better when it was only open to colleges. It just keeps more immature people out. Not that everyone in highschool is immature, but I think you might get what I mean.

leed
12-17-2006, 08:48 PM
I guess I was in a bad mood when i posted that? haha. I really dont care, though I did like facebook better when it was only open to colleges. It just keeps more immature people out. Not that everyone in highschool is immature, but I think you might get what I mean.

Yeah I know what you mean. And I think you were just mad because I got invited to Facebook when I was a wee little freshmen in highschool. :p :rolleyes: JP. I used to use Myspace more than Facebook, but then crap happened because of my Myspace, so I quit using it. Then moved onto Facebook. I hate Myspace because there are so many peoples myspace's that are all laggy and ghetto and ugly. Facebook is simple. So I prefer it over Myspace.

Plus there is no corporate spam.

badlandsrox
12-17-2006, 08:51 PM
Nexopia FTW :dodgy:

www.nexopia.com

TheRedBarron
12-17-2006, 09:23 PM
They all suck, who needs to know that much about other people?

leed
12-17-2006, 09:50 PM
Generally speaking, I don't. And I don't use it for that either. I use it as a secondary medium for contact, as I don't know everyones email, and I can always find someone on Facebook in my school without going through too much trouble. It's also good to find old friends, more people of your ethnicity in the area, if you're a minority, and is useful for organizing events.

DFSniper
12-18-2006, 08:58 AM
like leed, i use it mainly for contacts. if you look at all my 96 friends, most of em live in different states. its all the friends ive made since 7th grade, and everyone knows moving with the military is a PitA...