PDA

View Full Version : dumbest things youv ever done

lewizz124
01-14-2006, 10:16 PM
ok im gonna bring this thread back, post up the dumbest/most embarassing things youve ever done playing paintball.

ill start it off.
i superman dove into a HUGE hyperball field snake and i didnt keep my barrel up so it planted and i stuck into the ground from the barrel sticking straight into the air like a flagpole... :o .

i ran around a huge center 50 bunker to bunker the kid on the other side but he was doing the same thing so we smashed right in to each other knocking us off our feet. then we both spun on each other and lit each other up lol. ouch.

i baseball slid UNDERNEATH a dorito because i slid in too close and i was goin to fast.

i was in the middle of a 2 Vs 1 (me beeing 1) game and i tryed the ol shoot and reload without looking trick... well it helps if you open your hopper.

i stuck my barrel sock in my back packet before the game started but the lanyard dealy was hangin out the back and it got hung up on the barrel at the starting point but i saw it but i just ignored it hoping it would just pull out of my pocket. so when the ref said GO! i ran and the barrel sock came out of my pocket... WITH my pocket.

ok enough for now, so post up your own.

TacTownKilla
01-14-2006, 10:26 PM
numerous refills with out open hoppers, abunch of forgetting to turn my hoppers on also.

Funnyest thing tho was probably trip on a tie down for a back can on a full sprint and superman strait out in to the lane and get shot 15+ times

Edit: and of course goin to bunker a empty bunker.

bigred76
01-14-2006, 10:27 PM
I took a leaking 20oz Co2 tank off my gun and held onto it with my bare hands. Chemical burns suck ass.

lewizz124
01-14-2006, 10:35 PM
oh yeah i forgot about the numerouse bunkering well bunkers with noone in it that is.

oh and during a tourny last year we were gettin ready to play the top team there and were a little edgy, well we all get to the starting point and during the five second count down i remember i turned my ASA valve OFF! and jake never turned his electronic safty off... so they ref yells GO and me and jake are both standing at the starting point looking dont turning things on.... woo that was quite hilarious. we got lit up pretty bad.

geeZus
01-14-2006, 10:42 PM
Reading this thread is probably number 1 on my list. :dodgy:

TacTownKilla
01-14-2006, 10:44 PM
Owned much?

lewizz124
01-14-2006, 10:49 PM
wow great storys guys.

Recon by Fire
01-15-2006, 02:13 AM
I tackled a ref on the field! LOL Sprinting for a bunker near the side tape I tripped over something (think it was spare tie down rope) and went down taking said ref with me.

QAZ123
01-15-2006, 06:20 AM
On my Phantom the feedgate on the stick feed sometimes you it comes loose and you need to heat it up for the plastic to expand then slide it back on the feed then once it cool's down it tighten's up. Well this particular day I didn't do this.....

Game was seven on seven speedball. I got to the snake but the game was ending quick. Anyway the game came down to 3 on 1 me being the one. Popped out took out a guy posting on me. Popped took out a guy who had the top of his head sticking out. Last guy was moving playing it cool. I knew where he was and where he was about to move but I needed to reload so I grab a ten round tube slam it into the feedgate and yank it out not know that I just yanked the feedgate out with it along with the ball's! Took a shot and I missed. I knew he was moving to a different bunker and would be out in the open so I just took off after him. Took two more shot's that were dry fires then got shot out! Finally realized what happened and I was quite ticked! Took me forever to find my feedgate since I had moved. It was still attached to my ten round tube!

JB.

phatphil
01-15-2006, 07:00 AM
Indoor field on sawdust with concrete underneath, I fell on my ass and/or lost a shoe (full of mulch :() every game. It's like sliding on butter, happened to everybody though.

ricochet08
01-15-2006, 08:31 AM
1. hmmm...not bring a squegee or asking for one, yet continued to play :p

2. being trapped in the corner of a field, behind a small bunker, started to reload but i stood up (y i don't know). talk about bonus ball

3. ref yells 10 SECONDS LEFT!!! i asked the guy who was behind a bunker w/me if he wanted to ambush. i thought he said yea, so i got up and started charging. well, the bolt on the rental got jammed while i was in the middle of the field...so i stopped and tried to fix it. got hit right in the nipple :bawling:

im sure there's more, just don't remember them all

great stories guys :thumbup:

durrell
01-15-2006, 09:58 AM
Shot my own team mate in a woodsball game..shot the poor guy 10 or 12 times and after I shot him I was like.."You're out." and he was like "I'm on your team.."

DFSniper
01-15-2006, 09:58 AM
I took a leaking 20oz Co2 tank off my gun and held onto it with my bare hands. Chemical burns suck ass.
been there, done that, but i was wearing half-finger gloves...

umm, i think the stupidest thing ive done is stick my foot out when i hid behind a bunker...

spyderimagine01
01-15-2006, 10:29 AM
Mine would have to be the time I bunkered the ref. It was a speedball game that got down to 3 on 1, me being on the three. My other two guys are around the 30's and im at 50. I see a movement behind a doritio, and go to bunker him, turns out it was the ref I shot about 15 times. I got shot right in the :butwiggle: too :cry:

WhatThaSmurf
01-15-2006, 10:37 AM
had a 20oz co2 bust in my field bag after a woodsball game. froze the tank to the bag, the bag to my shirt, and i barely got the shirt off, and it hurt really bad. we weren't playing at the time luckily, we we're just walking around shooting small things far off (my frined and i had just gotten our new barrels)

Xecutiv3
01-15-2006, 12:55 PM
I had my crappy pirhana r6 with serious velocity issues (im guessing 220-250 fps). So as I'm strolling along, someone flanks me, the first thing i did was find the closest tree.... a 6in diameter tree. I'm 6'3" 190lbs, thats not the best bunker, but somehow at 70ish feet, he couldnt touch me. I was having a grand 'ol time mocking the crap outta him and his flatline 98. A minute or so goes by and I'm a weaving and dodging, and a little punk with an autococker runs up, flanks me, and lights me up, with some extra BBing. I looked at the tree before i walked off, and it was covered with paint that the 98 guy was laying down.

bigred76
01-15-2006, 02:09 PM
THE absolute thing I have ever done just came up recently....I took my Zeggy apart....:doah:

LOL, you're bigger than me, Xecutive!

claustrophobia9
01-15-2006, 03:06 PM
Reading this thread is probably number 1 on my list. :dodgy:
totally stole my idea...

i think it was testing a non broken in acs with my tounge. and the zeggy is a horrible idea, ill get pics of mine in a sec.

audi
01-15-2006, 06:38 PM
well it was my first time speedballing. the filed we were at was small (3vs3)and it came down to a 1 on 1. I THOUGHT he was in the far back right corner bunker, I got all excited and ran in on the left ready to lite him up. no one was there :confused: turns out he was in the back left...I think one shot would have done the trick but insted he hit me 6 times between the sholder blades. :shrug:im still new and im sure ill have lots more

Xecutiv3
01-15-2006, 06:52 PM
Claus..... what on Earth compelled you to stick your tongue in front of a bolt that's being propelled by 600psi of air?

This is possibly my dumbest moment:
Some friends were over at my house playing woodsball, it was the last match of the day, so we decided to do another Attacker v Defender. As we sent the defenders on their way, my fellow attackers were posed to follow in after 5 mins, instead we sat our a**es up on a hill out in the open. We scavenged up some plywood and stuff and made a makeshift fort. Just to mock the opponents, i grabbed my pizza box and started eating as they shot aimlessly from 350ft away. They started marching forward, and everyone but me was firing off the rest of the ammo. One of them makes it to the bottom of the hill we were on, like 200ft away. I turn to my teammates and tell em not to worry, "He's too far away" as soon as I grab another slice of pizza, a paintball whizzes past my head. I finish off the box and use it as a shield as he starts to move in closer. But just as I pick up my marker that i havent fired, we get flanked. We all died... but the pizza was still good

vikingshadow
01-15-2006, 07:02 PM
I slid into a small (I mean SMALL) pillow today. It was so small, I had to baseball slide and sort of crumple my legs up because the angles on me were horrible, but I had to get to that bunker to make it to the one I needed to be at...

Anyway, my cleat got hung up in the tie down, and I couldn't get the stupid thing out. It felt like 30 seconds, although I'm sure it was just a couple. In the meantime, I'm thrashing around, on my butt, trying to stay tight and dislodge my cleat...ref standing right next to me was loving that one!

Didn't get hit though, and when I finally got loose, popped around the corner and got a guy trying to dive into the weird-looking-snake-thing-that-wasn't-really-a-snake thing that I was trying to get to. Surprised the crap outta him - and ME!

claustrophobia9
01-16-2006, 06:26 AM
Claus..... what on Earth compelled you to stick your tongue in front of a bolt that's being propelled by 600psi of air?
teh m0neez, plus the bolt isnt propelled by air, it is propelled by spring pressure and is set back into place by air, but the air pushing the bolt back off of my tounge hurt a little.

bamf-hacker
01-16-2006, 06:38 AM
I was setting up my Spyder for LP and was testing how low I could go before having recocking issues. My son who is 2 1/2 was in the room with me and I told him I would be making some noise as not to scare him, the dry firing noise. Well he was fine as I was shooting air.... UNTIL it the PSI got low enough for it to Jackhammer. It started to jack and I could not shut off the air fast enough. He completely freaked out, uncontrolled crying and it was like that for an hour.

Lesson learned.... Don't work on gun in front of 2 1/2 year old, because he ran to his mother as soon as she got home and told her :). Wife was NOT happy.

HacKeR

claustrophobia9
01-16-2006, 06:41 AM
pwn't

Painguin
01-16-2006, 07:32 AM
To start when i first got my gun i shot myself point blank in the leg to see "what it felt like" well there was hole the size of a quartere there.

Later on in my paintballin days i was in the middle of a game at skirmish and i had a ball break. I grabbed my squiege thing pulled off teh hopper and ran it through the feedneck and out the barrel. Threw tho hopper back on and rant out firing . Turns out a piece of foam from the squege blocked my feedneck so no paintballs would go through.....Most of you are probably thinking i got pwnd. well i made it behind a bunker ripped off the hopper again fixed the problem. THEN i got gogged. :(

DexGtr
01-16-2006, 07:53 AM
this isn't really mine but when we were just starting out to play...my friends and i are at this walk on field were there was like 20 vs 20...so many people around not enough bunkers to hide, so when the ref yelled "GO"...what happenend was 3 of my friends all ran to the same bunker (which is like a 4 x 4 plywood that stood up), the force of 3 people piling up on it eventually made it fall down and they were like, literally sitting ducks, the looks on their faces were priceless....i wasn't able to concentrate after that LOL

spydr
01-16-2006, 12:53 PM
I was wrapping the game up and it was muddy and i was wearing my etnies,so i go running down the right tape and my right shoe plants in the mud and my foot comes out and i keep running down the field,i didnt get out though.
Another time,kyle (metromuppetmower) was on the 50 (left side) and i was on the right side of the field and i could barely see my shoulder and he didnt notice me so i went to walk forward so i could see more of him to make the chance of him getting out ever greater,and when i did,i stumbled and my gun bounced and he then noticed and shot me.

lewizz124
01-16-2006, 01:02 PM
lol dex that reminds me of a 7 on 7 game we played on a 5 man field once. it was a pick up game AFTER a tourny so it was all guys with timmys matrixes shockers ect. that made for alot of paint in the air on such a small field. well they said go and i was playing a mid can so i was laning and gettin to my bunker as i saw my 2 friends ames and jake on the other side of the field (they were playing against me this round) both running to the right tape. well jake lost his footing going to the back can so he ate it and ames tripped over him running to the snake. i satarted laughing uncontrollably as me and the rest of the field pretty much shot them up it was hilarious, jake made it to the back can tho because he like crawled behind ames using him as a shield lol. so ames took all the shots.

*EDIT* that reminds me once i was wearin my etnies and it was muddy and i ran to the large center 50 bunker and i got stuck in the mud trying to run around a can and both feet came out of my shoes and i tripped and fell on my face/gun. then i got gogged by a girl :D

WhatThaSmurf
01-16-2006, 02:18 PM
had one of those touch lamps go out, wouldn't change when you touched it. so i took the bottom off, replaced the little thing that makes it change when you touch it, plug it in,and it didn't work. so i touched the stupid thing, didn't work. touched it agin, didn't work again. so i'm getting mad and ask it why it won't work. my dad looks up "did you put the bulbs back in?". i am the worlds biggest idiot.

TacTownKilla
01-16-2006, 02:32 PM
You did all that on the field? Man ur good.

WhatThaSmurf
01-16-2006, 02:33 PM
i already had one for paintball, but i did that last night and still feel stupid about it

spyderimagine01
01-16-2006, 02:36 PM
You did all that on the field? Man ur good.

im pretty sure that was sarcastic (I hope), but yeah, this is about paintball stupid things, not your own stupid things smurf :p

SparkyGT
01-16-2006, 02:55 PM
On one of our medic games we have to capture a trophy "55gallon plastic oil drum" Anyways we are moving along the 3 of us, with me being the shield for the medic, the trophy is out in the open where the other team put it, the 3 of us go to capture it, but the barrel aint big enough for 3 to hide behind, im 6'3" 280 and the other team proceeds to light me up for target practice, the medic keeps tagging me on the foot so i can return fire, had about 10 head shots and bout 40 plus body shots, nipple shot too that hurt like hell. I shoulda stayed dead and dropped flat .

adrianm1188
01-16-2006, 04:05 PM
I bought a spyder...

Seriously.

vikingshadow
01-16-2006, 05:06 PM
Dumbest thing I ever did? Paid 200.00 for an old style discontinued Spyder Sonix....

Seriously.

Ares
01-16-2006, 05:12 PM
played a bunch of nubs at a renegade field yesterday. what a waste of paint, all they did was run away

mboian90
01-18-2006, 04:24 PM
we were playing an attack and defend game that was up a hill(on a feild i had never been to), i was attacking and i was 3/4 of the way up the hill and the other team sees me but not the other guy with me so we decide i will run the other way as a destraction while he goes up the hill. i start running and trip over a bush and on the other side of the bush was a 5-6 foot drop into a creek.......
i had to play the rest of the day in wet cloths

Nader
01-20-2006, 04:49 PM
My friend did this...glad he didn't die....
he unscrewed the valve retainer screw while there was pressure behind the screw...while looking down the empty tube that had no valve retainer pin nor striker/internals......
it put a hole in is mask...

mine's alot like your's mboian..except no one told me about the creek...:dodgy:

covert24
01-20-2006, 05:10 PM
dam nader did he get hurt at all?? anyway

alrighty, one day i was running toa bunker...Normal routine slide......Well on my way sliding to the cylinder my knee got caught up in the grass and i flipped over. my barrel got owned in the dirt cause i fell barrel facing down. so im behind this bunker trying to get the dirt out by picking at it and shooting which BTW didnt wrk. so i firgured id just run out and pretend im shooting so my other teamates could run up and shoot em. Which also didnt work cause my teamates were nubs and they were all hiding behind this one huge cylinder all huddled behind it. so i run out get shot in the mask, 2 arm shots, 3 chest shots, and one nut shot...yess a nut shot. so i fell to the gorund holding my family jewels cus i had no protection. this was in front a big crowd of ppl by the way.:D

bamf-hacker
01-20-2006, 05:19 PM
Well... Last night I was adding some upgrades to my marker. A new Kila Detent and DH Striker. I put in the detent and put a ball in the breach to make sure everything was good. Then I left for a little while and when I got back I oiled the o-ring on the new striker and put it in. I wanted to make sure there was no leaks and that everything worked ok, so I added some gas and went in to the walk-in closet to minimize sound. turned on my frame and fired...... What did I forget??? That I put a ball in the breach to test the detent!!! Well I spent the next 30 minutes getting the purple paint off the wall, ceiling and carpet :)

HacKeR

Nader
01-20-2006, 05:50 PM
dam nader did he get hurt at all?? anyway

naw lucky he looked at the gun from the side, so he didn't get the full force of it on his face...he's also lucky he kept his mask on for ten min after the game...