PDA

View Full Version : awkward day

badlandsrox
12-14-2006, 08:21 PM
So today started out like any other day, got up, got ready, got to school, went to my first class (construction tech.), it started out normal, we all started working and stuff, as usual, then this one kid was cutting a sheet of plywood on the table saw, got it cut, turned it off reached for his peice (while the blade was still running), and his hand must have gone a bit further than he planned, and put it right into the spinning blade, cutting hi finger almost to the bone, immediatly went into shock, went to the sink to wash it off, blood was everywhere (he was in shock... couldnt feel the pain...), while i told the teacher, ambulance came (no idea why the ambulance came...), and he went to the hospital, havent heard anything since. needless to say, the rest of the day i have been all sickish, and faint feeling, and havent gone near the shop the rest of the day, and while i was waiting for class to end, all i did was sit and watch, no way i could go back to work after seeing that happen. The whole day i have been re-playing this image in my mind, each time seems worse, and stuff. I have no clue why i am writing this, i just started writing, and ended up with a big paragraph explaining the whole thing, i dont know why, i just did.

On another note, apparently someone sat on a squirell that they didnt know was there, killing it in the process.

I am now going to post this, mods delete this if it is to off-topic, or whatever, i just needed to let this out somewhere.

*EM1-Master*
12-14-2006, 08:32 PM
Non-Paintball Topics is the appropriate place for such stories. No deleting will be done. Sounds like a bloody bad day. (Sorry for the pun)

EDIT: And though I'm sad that such a cute, furry creature was killed, that's quite homorous. That kid's going to be able to make that claim for the rest of his or her life. I can imagine him/her telling his/her grandchildren about the day he/she sat on a squirrel.

tater_salad
12-16-2006, 01:50 PM
I did the same thing except cut the tip off of my ring finger so I only have 9 fingernails but I was cutting some cardboard with one of those giant papercutters and I was playing around and chopped the tip of it right off. I thought it was kind of funny me walking down the hallway to the clinic blood gushing out of my finger onto the floor. But it is all healed up after 2 months.:D

JMotioN
12-16-2006, 03:50 PM
wow that sounds terrible

reminds me of the time i watched a buddy break his finger on a tether (spelling) ball poll in fourth grade. he hit the pull instead of the ball and i heard a *crack*. and there was the bone of his index finger sticking up and the rest of his index finger hanging at a limp! i was shocked for days, but i didnt throw up atleast:eek:

leed
12-16-2006, 04:03 PM
Damn. That sucks man. I've never been to bad when it comes to blood, but when it comes to seeing all the fat and bone, eh. I can't deal with it, haha. I don't get sick to my stomach, but I begin to think thats disgusting, I don't need to have that image in my mind all the time.

Hope things turn out better for yourself and him! And man, Tater_Salad, get some pictures! I personally think it'd be really weird to not have a fingernail.

DRAGON
12-16-2006, 05:03 PM
Heh, the finger thing didn't sound so good. Hope everything goes alright there. The sitting on a squirrel thing kinda made me chuckle lol. I'm just picturing someone with some little toofer marks in their :butwiggle: OUCH!!! - :D

JMotioN
12-16-2006, 05:15 PM
how do u sit on a squirrel and not know??

Moe
12-17-2006, 12:21 AM
tk"dl for druunk idots?

newkid
12-17-2006, 04:50 AM
wow that sux

08Lud08
12-17-2006, 06:38 AM
My dad cut his finger to the bone and when he came back from the hospital he showed me it and you could see the bone. Also when he was taking off the gauze it hit a nerve and his arm twitched. it was kinda gross.

pbfreak3221
12-17-2006, 11:10 AM
Something somewhat similar happened to me last year, except no power saws. A kid was leaning in his desk, and the desk toppled over onto one of my friends fingers (no idea how), and severed it. He had to get it sowed back on.

tater_salad
12-17-2006, 02:10 PM
The cool thing is my friend brought his digital camera to school that day and took pictures of me walking down the hall with all the blood pouring out. Does anyone want to see those pics?

JMotioN
12-17-2006, 03:09 PM
[QUOTE=tater_salad]The cool thing is my friend brought his digital camera to school that day and took pictures of me walking down the hall with all the blood pouring out. Does anyone want to see those pics?[/QUOTE

im gonna give that one a no

fxdbi
12-18-2006, 07:29 AM
Yeah, I had my left pinky tip severed and stitched back on after a tire rim fell on it. Things like that are never a "clean" cut like a saw blade, knife blade or razor. Kind of stings a bit too. I was number 3 or 4 in my family to try to take of a finger or appendage.

The worse one though was when my brother was prying on a trasmission and the screwdriver slipped and he stabbed himself through his upper lip into the space between his teeth and nose on the inside. I guess that is why they have warnings on the packages and boxes that screwdrivers (and sometimes on the handles now) that say to not use them as a pry tool.

tater_salad
12-18-2006, 08:56 AM
I would have got the tip of mine put back on but I don't know what happened to it.