PDA

View Full Version : Empire Paint

avantpaintballer99
12-14-2006, 06:31 PM
ok so last time i played paintball i was shooting some empire ramp
i didnt break on target at all. one of my friends said i had shot hit him about 10 times until something broke on him:mad: . i was expecting a big company like empire to put out some pretty good paint, but apparently i was wrong.
just wanted to get some feedback on what you guys thought

MVS1
12-14-2006, 07:27 PM
I used some empire engage and was to say the least less than impressed. For the money ($40 per case) RPS Premium has yet to let me down, breaks everytime and the silver/green shell with green fill is the brightest fill I have ever seen.

avantpaintballer99
12-14-2006, 07:37 PM
Ive never tried RPS Premium, i shoot Draxxus inferno and its great
is that $40 an online price or a store somewhere

Jimmyd24
12-14-2006, 08:16 PM
yea i was using midnight, but it would never break on target, xball on the other hand is great

avantpaintballer99
12-14-2006, 08:21 PM
yea i was using midnight, but it would never break on target, xball on the other hand is great
i wanted to try out the xball gold paint, but they dont sell it at
our local shop:(
i used to shoot midnight, had the same problem you mentioned, not breaking on target, so i moved up to the next level, inferno. (hellfire is the next level up)

Jimmyd24
12-15-2006, 04:28 AM
if you can buy xball, it is almost 100% probability that it will break on target

thechubbss12
12-15-2006, 04:43 AM
hummm... Maybe your shop just keeps paint on the shelves for too long.. because i have shot all 4 levels of Empire paint and had no issue with it... infact ive gotten jersey breaks with ramp...

avantpaintballer99
12-15-2006, 06:43 AM
hummm... Maybe your shop just keeps paint on the shelves for too long.. because i have shot all 4 levels of Empire paint and had no issue with it... infact ive gotten jersey breaks with ramp...

its impossible, i know the guy at the shop, so i buy the paint straight out of the box it comes in when they get it at the shop. (what gun you using?) thats why i never buy online, you never kow how old it is. otherwise i would try out some of the xball gold. All i know is im not wasting my cash on the crappy paint anyore.

Abe2112
12-15-2006, 12:44 PM
I use empire engage paintballs and they break very easy. One dropped out of my barrel broke open after the 2nd bounce. The fill is white/pink so it's impossible to miss

splater18
12-15-2006, 01:49 PM
maybe you got a bad batch. i will be testing ramp engage and midnite in the near future

mv540
12-15-2006, 03:42 PM
wow, really strange, the empire shell is to thin, I always break on impact, also if I let a pintball go down to the floor (when fillin up my pods) most of the time it breaks .
I use midnight...

MVS1
12-15-2006, 06:49 PM
Ive never tried RPS Premium, i shoot Draxxus inferno and its great
is that $40 an online price or a store somewhere
$40 at the local shop, and they are not the cheapest around for supplies just the most convient.

avantpaintballer99
12-15-2006, 06:49 PM
maybe you got a bad batch. i will be testing ramp engage and midnite in the near future
i wouldnt waste my money, but hey if you want to waste your cash go ahead bro

MVS1
12-15-2006, 06:54 PM

If we were worried about wasting cash we wouldn't be in this sport...:D

08Lud08
12-15-2006, 07:03 PM
lol

Abe2112
12-15-2006, 07:03 PM

Oh...Ouch.

mv540
12-15-2006, 07:18 PM

well yeah, i used empire paintballs just for practice, when I play tourneys, I usually use Marballizers, or evil. Or if I dont have that much money I use premium for tourneys, they are relly good for the price

vikingshadow
12-16-2006, 04:54 AM
One of my favorite brands has always been premiums - ever since I used them in a tournament a couple years ago. ALWAYS broke and had a thick fill (I always use pink when I can).

Someone above asked what kind of gun someone shot - that doesn't have anything to do with paint breaking on target. It just propels the paint forwards - 300 fps is 300 fps, no matter what gun shoots it! I never got a chance to shoot the Empire line, unless they make Fuel. I used to shoot that and LOVED it. It broke on target easy, was consistantly round and had a thick fill - I've heard the other lines they have are equally good...

fxdbi
12-16-2006, 11:14 PM
If we were worried about wasting cash we wouldn't be in this sport...

Shh....don't tell my wife, she will tell to quit before I even fully get started.....

edit--put wrong quote in

bigred76
12-17-2006, 12:29 AM
I <3 RPS Premiums. Never had a problem with them. For just rec play I use GAP or Hemorrhage. Not the best stuff out there, but it does its purpose.

timbertiger20
12-17-2006, 01:11 PM
xtreme paintball sells xball gold cheap! Also they get a batch a week! The first time I bought it we pulled out a ball and did a bounce test.....did it 3 or 4 times and then tossed it up 20 feet in the air and watched it skip across the asphalt. Through one across the cul-d-sac still no break. Shot it out of my marker at 280 and it would break on a blade of grass. Never had any bounces.........it is great stuff. When you need it to count x-ball gold is the very best!