PDA

View Full Version : hopper?

revamped7
12-13-2006, 02:56 PM
i currently have an old discontinued brass eagle eradicator. its hopper is gravity feed. do i need to buy a new hopper along with my acs?

SharpObjects
12-13-2006, 03:05 PM
It'd be a good idea. You'll most likely be firing at higher speed rates. I'd say definatly look into something that will feed at least 15+BPS. And while the ACS (Don't forget to break it in) prevents some chops, it won't stop them all.

ross * pilot
12-13-2006, 03:05 PM
Yes. A marker capable up to 20bps will absolutely chop paintballs without end. A gravity feed hopper will not keep up, and will not feed paintballs fast enough into the chamber to be fired. Even though there is an acs, i STRONGLY suggest you get an agitated hopper. My recommendations are an Evolution II (eggy for short) a Revolution, or a Halo B. Trust me, you will be much more pleased and better off. Hope this helped

Backmanshooter
12-13-2006, 06:32 PM
Yes a new hopper will be good for future markers. Also, look into HPA if you want to get into paintball more.

spyderaron
12-13-2006, 06:42 PM
You should get an eggy or the new Fasta hopper from Kingman.

Backmanshooter
12-14-2006, 05:42 AM
Buy at least an eggy. I've seen some cheap halo's around, too. But Eggys are decently fast and very cheap.

crupp
12-14-2006, 09:59 AM
It'd be a good idea. You'll most likely be firing at higher speed rates. I'd say definatly look into something that will feed at least 15+BPS. And while the ACS (Don't forget to break it in) prevents some chops, it won't stop them all.

Break it in?? What does this consist of?

SharpObjects
12-14-2006, 11:12 AM
Just taking the bolt out and compressing the spring inside it a few hundred times. Just sit on the coutch and do it while watching tv. There are other ways to do it, but this is probably the best way to do it without wasting a tank of air.

revamped7
12-14-2006, 06:41 PM
thanx guys. will a vl quantum work?

Sandman_Bravo
12-14-2006, 06:45 PM
Get an empire reloader. It will keep up with you, it only turns when you're firing(sound activated), it's not as ugly as some of the eggs, and you can get a new one for around 55 bucks. E-bay used approximately $35.

boomerisnuts
12-14-2006, 06:47 PM
yes and no. go to pbreview.com and look under hoppers and select quantrum. i have one of these and it will feed but there are numerous problems with it. save up your money and get something better:)
boomer

revamped7
12-14-2006, 06:52 PM
do i need to get an adapter or will it go straight on the gun as is?

Sandman_Bravo
12-14-2006, 07:02 PM
Pick up a low profile feed neck and you will drop the hopper down several inches giving a more compact lower profile as well as locking the hopper solidly to the gun.

http://www.sundragonpps.com/paintball_spyder_feednecks.html

hopper:

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/BrowseCatalog-Start;sid=Lirs-k-8AyPsvAo-P-AsUkV1Ebz48ntgtYs=?CategoryName=paintball-gun-loaders-and-accessories-loaders-empire-loaders