PDA

View Full Version : VS3 ball detents

jledesma
12-12-2006, 11:40 AM
Had my VS3 for 3 weeks, played 3 times. The ball detents are shredded due to the top cocking delrin bolt. Same for my buddy who has his VS3 the same time. Any other VS owners have this problem? What is up with this detent, IMO it's a design flaw. Should not be going thru two sets of detents in 3 usages!!! I play in honolulu, hawaii 60 to 70% humidity average.

*EM1-Master*
12-12-2006, 12:26 PM
There are tougher detents around that are made for Timmies. Take a look around... They're generally blue if I recall correctly from my timmy days... They'll last a lot longer, and they don't cost a WHOLE lot more than the stock ones.

Kingman-Rep
12-12-2006, 04:48 PM
Three days for a set of detents doesn't sound good.

The detents used in the VS guns are different than the detents used in Timmies.

please contact our service dept. for help.

if you need help getting a hold of someone, drop me a PM.

jledesma
12-13-2006, 12:05 AM
Thanks for the info. Someone locally also mentioned the Timmy detents might fit. Something I may look into. The shop I go to also said he has some VS detents coming in so at least now I can buy replacements.

joyriddr
12-01-2008, 11:50 PM
I just had this problem with my RS which has the same ball detents as the VS and i only played a twice and this past saturday both detents were just gone so i think that i shredded them and shot the rest out. I also live in Hawaii on the Big Island. I just ordered a replacement set and a spare set. I would greatly appreciate any info you may get about some more durable detents.

bigred76
12-02-2008, 01:38 AM
Very interesting... Something to look into in R&D, mebbe, or possibly just a bad batch. Either way, Kingman's Customer Service should take care of it.

joyriddr
12-02-2008, 09:56 PM
So should i E-mail the spyder support group about this problem?

Griff
12-09-2008, 04:45 PM
Yes I had the same problem, my bolt would rub the head of the detents, I yoused sand paper to make the detent grove larger on the bolt. started w/300 grit finished w/800. Take time Don't rush. I placed sand paper on a small round wooden dowel. To mantain ark in the detent groove. take your barrel off and air tank look to see with your replacement detents if they rub the bolt. before tring to do this.

This was a problem with some of ther first VS,but I thought they took care of it? Mabee Not.:confused:

RainInBlood
12-24-2008, 07:31 PM
Check these out http://spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=17511