PDA

View Full Version : Joy wins???

bigred76
12-11-2006, 09:17 AM
I know we have some Joy supporters over here, so I thought this might be interesting to those few, and possibly the Dynasty fans as well. (This is taken from PBN)

We have received the answers from NPPL regarding the OC final game between San Diego Dynasty and us. We are pleased to see that NPPL have taken this issue seriously and are trying to make things right.

We have noted that the suspension on our player has been lifted. NPPL came to the conclusion that an eliminated player who is playing on canít claim to be overshot. NPPL instead gave a warning to Brian Cole of Dynasty and by that laid to rest Dynastyís claims that they won the game because our player was over-aggressive.

We are also glad to see that Alex Fraige has received a warning for physical contact and that the claim that Joy played on has been cleared.

It should now be clear for anybody that if the officials had made the right calls on the field, the win would have gone to Joy Stockholm and the series title to Sacramento XSV. Many have told us to just let this issue go and instead concentrate on future events. For us it has been a matter of principle. We couldnít accept the bias showed by Mr Perez and that we would have a suspension. We didnít ask for the win and we donít care about the money. We care about paintball and simply want teams to able to compete under the same conditions. Winning at any cost has never been our style.

Magued Idris Ė Joy Stockholm

OOB
12-11-2006, 11:54 AM
huh... I hav seen the videos from a few different (pbstar ect) and man it was a tough call all around. Just glad I was not a ref in that case. In anycase I want wait for next year. :)

timmyshoota
12-11-2006, 03:31 PM
No, Joy did not win. The decision on the field stands, only thing that has changed is the suspensions and warnings.

bigred76
12-11-2006, 03:58 PM
Joy "wins" the arguement, Chris... Not everything is about winning the game. ;)

leed
12-11-2006, 05:29 PM
We couldn’t accept the bias showed by Mr Perez and that we would have a suspension.

It doesn't sound right to me.. Shouldn't it be shown.. Then again, I'm certainly no English major.

Anyways, what happened happened. So be it.

timmyshoota
12-11-2006, 05:39 PM
It doesn't sound right to me.. Shouldn't it be shown.. Then again, I'm certainly no English major.

Anyways, what happened happened. So be it.
You are correct, but you gotta remember, he's from Europe. English is kinda his second language. ;)