PDA

View Full Version : spyder paint?

rzimmer17
12-10-2006, 05:33 PM
is this any good why is spyder getting into this side of the biz?

splater18
12-10-2006, 05:54 PM
i could not find any on there site about it. it looks ok i guess

Hossy
12-10-2006, 06:09 PM
i didnt know that they were doing it, but when you think about it, you need one gun to play paintball, but you fire off 100s or 1000s of rounds right... thats why there are soo many paint companies. and with there new products comming out, they are trying to make better stuff, so why not get into paint

Hob Hayward
12-10-2006, 06:26 PM
Yeah, I heard about this, but I'm pretty sure its not out yet.

Nenkitsune
12-10-2006, 08:29 PM
so basically kingman would be dipping in every part of the paintball bussiness. they have tanks, masks, guns, hoppers, and soon, paint

bigred76
12-10-2006, 08:37 PM
Kingman Black Paintballs. (http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=CzzOwM5bYLfOr4sn6zEOaMT9Gf7H3E_qCOk=?Pro ductID=9sjAqArbAyEAAAEPiWaz6in5) Kingman Red Paintballs. (http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=CzzOwM5bYLfOr4sn6zEOaMT9Gf7H3E_qCOk=?Pro ductID=ubDAqArbF5IAAAEPXGaz6in5) Interesting... I wonder how they'll shoot. :)

Hob Hayward
12-10-2006, 08:57 PM
I'm liking those prices! I hope its good!

Looks to me like Spyder is implementing a whole low cost good product thing, we have the VS, cheap, reliable and good. The Fasta claims to be good, and its cheap, this paint if its good, is also cheap. I hope they live up to the claims! Especially the fasta, that thing would be a SICK deal if its really as good as they say.

thechubbss12
12-11-2006, 04:42 AM
humm.. looks good.. i might have to spend some money and try some stuff out...

08Lud08
12-11-2006, 12:41 PM
It looks good to me. If my shop has some I'll ask to try some out.

Oscum Guy
12-11-2006, 01:03 PM
cool. those are cheap. wonder if they are tournament grade. so the red is better?

Halucin8
12-11-2006, 02:06 PM
and if you buy more than 100 dollar you get free shipping. I just tried to buy 4 cases and went through the check out and it offered me free shipping. I need to buy some and try it out

bigred76
12-11-2006, 02:39 PM
Red is tourny grade, so it's good if you have a gun that can handle that (not many stock Spyders can... around here, at least). The black is a general rec-grade paint.

Ace24
12-11-2006, 03:06 PM
Next walmart paint... oy vey haha.

Thick paint? God.. I hope its never shot at our field... that stuff is hard to whipe off bunkers :(

08Lud08
12-11-2006, 03:36 PM
I want to try the red paint if its supposed to be tourney grade because here the cheap diablo heat cost $45.

Hob Hayward
12-11-2006, 03:52 PM
Red is tourny grade, so it's good if you have a gun that can handle that (not many stock Spyders can... around here, at least). The black is a general rec-grade paint.

Considering that its spyder branded I bet its tough enoug to shoot out of all spyders.

alam3503
12-11-2006, 04:52 PM
so has anyone tried shooting this stuff yet???? if you have tell how it is

ross * pilot
12-11-2006, 05:19 PM
I'm looking to forward to testing out some black.. My pepeev is breaking paint in the gun. I havent shot tori in a while and i need to break her back in.. :D

RIpaintballer
12-18-2006, 06:50 PM
im ordering some paint right now =)

avantpaintballer99
12-19-2006, 06:44 AM
so basically kingman would be dipping in every part of the paintball bussiness. they have tanks, masks, guns, hoppers, and soon, paint

you're right they do sell just about everything now, but none of the stuff that they make is the best, its just average. but hey i guess if thats what you like then you shouldnt have a problem

fxdbi
12-19-2006, 07:34 AM
you're right they do sell just about everything now, but none of the stuff that they make is the best, its just average. but hey i guess if thats what you like then you shouldnt have a problem

Seems to me that the Kingman line is for the average rec player that goes out a couple times a month for some good fun and still wants decent markers and equipment, but can't justify or can't afford the higher end equipment. Which makes the product line perfect for someone like me just getting started - not too expensive, yet it is good enough to go have a good time and still be a bit competitive.

avantpaintballer99
12-19-2006, 04:24 PM
[QUOTE=fxdbi]Seems to me that the Kingman line is for the average rec player QUOTE]
lol are you kidding, nothings been made under the 'kingman' name in over a year. everything is spyder now in case you didnt know. are you new to the sport?

bigred76
12-19-2006, 04:27 PM
He is new to this sport, BUT THAT GIVES YOU NO RIGHT TO FLAME. Cut it out please.

fxdbi
12-19-2006, 04:39 PM
lol are you kidding, nothings been made under the 'kingman' name in over a year. everything is spyder now in case you didnt know. are you new to the sport?

Yes, actually I am very new to the sport I have spent two weeks reading this forum, some over at PBN, and otters - I have been out paintballing twice, and my wife got me a refurb pilot off ebay for christmas, and we got our two teenagers some cheap viewloader kits from wal-mart for christmas so we could all go out whenever we wanted without needing to borrow or rent equipment. My brother-in-law just got a classic autococker from a pawn shop for his first marker (with a vl electronic hopper, two barrels, tank and case for under $100), so we are going to go have some good fun.

Here is my first thread: http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=7867

I have to wait until next Monday to get my marker, and I don't think my wife knows I know she actually got it, even though I picked it out.

so yes, I am a noob. I am learning. I see kingman, spyder and to me it is the same. And as my sig notes - soon to be marker: bone stock spyder pilot. :) as my avatar says stock spyder pilot gonna get you. :)

bigred76
12-19-2006, 04:42 PM
Kingman breaks off into Raven and Spyder. It's not a big deal, just a finite detail that some choose to pick at.

fxdbi
12-19-2006, 04:45 PM
I figured that - but hey, might as well explain myself. thanx.

Oscum Guy
12-19-2006, 04:47 PM
[QUOTE=fxdbi]Seems to me that the Kingman line is for the average rec player QUOTE]
ok, it is still kingman. kingman is the manufacturer of the spyder guns and such. i am confused because spyder.tv says the fasta is spyder but all the other sites say kingman fasta.

btw, since when is kingmans motto thing "unstoppable".

avantpaintballer99
12-19-2006, 05:35 PM
He is new to this sport, BUT THAT GIVES YOU NO RIGHT TO FLAME. Cut it out please.
ok red sirously take a chill pill or something bro. i was just askin if he was new. and fxdbi i hope you and your young'ns (lol) enjoy the sport, its alot of fun.

xafterlifex
12-19-2006, 11:40 PM
I just saw this paint today. The funny thing is that I saw it when I was at Frys Electronics looking at mp3 players, I would have never expected to see paintball stuff there. I went up to the sales guy and was like, you guys sell paintball stuff? But I guess they just had the paint. I'll have to pick some up and see how it shoots.

emf7301
12-20-2006, 10:46 AM
lol, the first time i saw it was at fry's last week. I went in to get some speakers and i knew they had spyder markers but then i saw the red and black boxes and at first thought they were the fasta loaders, but then i saw it was paint. I'm curious as to how well they shoot also.

Thatoneguy123
12-21-2006, 05:32 AM
Well they have a low price so thats good. I doubt it'll be tournament quality but regardless i'll probably pick a case up and use it at an open game soon

xafterlifex
12-21-2006, 02:38 PM
I was at frys again today and picked up some of the red box spyder paintballs, now I have to wait for it to quit pouring rain so I can see how they shoot.

bigred76
12-21-2006, 08:11 PM
I just saw this paint today. The funny thing is that I saw it when I was at Frys Electronics looking at mp3 players, I would have never expected to see paintball stuff there. I went up to the sales guy and was like, you guys sell paintball stuff? But I guess they just had the paint. I'll have to pick some up and see how it shoots.
Which Fry's did you go to? I've gotta check at my local one, then...

xafterlifex
12-22-2006, 12:52 PM
Which Fry's did you go to? I've gotta check at my local one, then...

I went to the Frys in Concord, CA.

08Lud08
12-22-2006, 12:58 PM
Do they look good? like good round shape, and do they break if you drop them. I want to try them but I don't think any place near me is selling them yet.

Backmanshooter
12-22-2006, 07:25 PM
I use whatever paint. So...if its cheap and looks round...Then try it out. shoot it and see if you like it.

bigred76
12-22-2006, 10:41 PM
I went to the Frys in Concord, CA.
That aint too far of a drive if mine doesn't have it. I'll be sure to drop by a Fry's tomorrow "Christmas shopping." :D