PDA

View Full Version : Can i safely remove co2 from my tank?

Bigwrecker
12-10-2006, 04:49 PM
Is there a way to safely remove co2 from my tank? besides dry firing or using a remote. I just sold my remote, which is what i used to empty my tank before, when i sold one. but now i can't think of another way to empty it. so has anybody found a way to safely empty it? thank you in advance!

EDIT: i should have been more specific, i mean i want to ship it when i sell one. and i need it emptied.

Hossy
12-10-2006, 05:07 PM
you dont need to empty it.....save it for the next time you go!

bigred76
12-10-2006, 05:39 PM
:yeahthat: Or you can get it filled... They'll empty out all the CO2 in the tank already and fill it to optimum for you. I'd expect a tank to hold a fill for about a year or more (never had a CO2 tank filled for longer than that). It'll be fine to be filled for a while...

Bigwrecker
12-11-2006, 12:25 PM
Edited first post. i meant i need it emptied for shipping.

bamf-hacker
12-11-2006, 12:52 PM
If you push the pin down you can remove the air from the tank. Be careful not to burn your fingers. Use a wooden dowel to push the pin and don't push hard so you don't break it.

Bigwrecker
12-11-2006, 02:55 PM
ok, ill try that tomorrow. thanks alot!

valvepin
12-11-2006, 06:26 PM
you can also take a piece of 2x4 about 18inches long enoungh to stand on drive a some what heavy in the center of the lenght you choose to cut the board nail into stand on the board and use the head of the nail to drain the tank

TheRedBarron
12-11-2006, 06:41 PM
you can also take a piece of 2x4 about 18inches long enoungh to stand on drive a some what heavy in the center of the lenght you choose to cut the board nail into stand on the board and use the head of the nail to drain the tank
and chip the valve pin....

TheRedBarron
12-11-2006, 06:42 PM
If you push the pin down you can remove the air from the tank. Be careful not to burn your fingers. Use a wooden dowel to push the pin and don't push hard so you don't break it.
QFT.

What I would do though....

Take the hose off your gun and screw the tank into the ASA (that is still on your gun), make sure your arm or skin is not near the hole but it will drain it for you.

Bigwrecker
12-12-2006, 02:34 PM
thanks for all of the quick replies! ill have to try one this week... /thread