PDA

View Full Version : Rail vs Dropforward

Jimmyd24
12-07-2006, 07:35 PM
What do you think is better and give me some good types? Gonna get a promaster for christmas and need a asa. Should I buy a dropforward or just a rail. I think im talking right, correct me if i make no sense

bigred76
12-07-2006, 07:58 PM
I'd go with a rail. A dropforward will screw up your form. A small drop, like SP's or CCM's, would be OK, but really anything bigger than a micro-drop is a joke.

Look for one with an "easy-turn" and a "bleed." Both help to make your marker easier to work with.

Paradox313
12-07-2006, 08:09 PM
Rail, like red said, the drops would screw with your form, and shot.

Ps. i have a gloss black CP microdrop if interested.
Pm me

calebh
12-07-2006, 09:25 PM
it depends on the individual, your style of play, and the game you're talking about. i got a pretty big drop on my mag, and its probly the tightest marker ive ever shot. the end of the marker is right in front of my nose, instead of several inches out there, and my wrist doesnt jut out too far. the drop goes about an inch too far forward for perfection, but i can live with that. my set up also keeps the marker almost perfectly balanced on the grip so my wrist is not stressed trying to keep the marker from tilting one way or another.

you adapt to your equipment, and im sure if i had a rail, id be just as happy about it. occasionally, ive found myself in rather odd shooting positions, but keeping an extremely small profile that i wouldnt be able to get with a longer marker. other times, i've suffered from the lack of a longer marker, like run n' guns, but i adapt.

UKwithPride
12-07-2006, 09:59 PM
I prefer the CCM Mini drop, you can face it forward or reverse it around to make the gun longer.

Nenkitsune
12-08-2006, 05:25 AM
i have a big 32* uni-drop on my em1
but i also use a 71/4500 tank. It feels pretty nice having that tank further forward. it's balanced better and i can keep it much closer to myself compared to my e-99 and it's stock drop

bamf-hacker
12-08-2006, 05:37 AM
To drop or not to drop, that is the question?

On Lisa my speedball Ion I don't use a drop. I have better form and can tuck in tighter with the tank further back. On Sara my Milsim Ion I use a remote or no rail so the tank acts like a stock. On Amanda, my mag I use a drop. She has a warp feed on it and the drop helps to balance out the whole gun.

So to use a drop or not to use a drop? Personal preference...

Jimmyd24
12-08-2006, 05:57 AM
http://www.e-paintball.com/Gas-Systems/Drops-Rails-Cradles/New-Designz-Drop-Kicks
what do u guys think of this, it angles your tank up to your shoulder so that it can rest on it

Chris Cole
12-08-2006, 07:18 AM
Definitely a preference thing. The drop will hurt your form, but some people like them. I run a uni-mount on 2 guns and a CP rail on the other, I prefer a longer setup. Playing back with a drop just hurts after a while.

Halucin8
12-08-2006, 10:18 AM
if you are going to angle your tankup like that you beter be using hpa. everythign else is preference

Jimmyd24
12-08-2006, 12:05 PM
whats a dovetail

UKwithPride
12-08-2006, 04:14 PM
Definitely a preference thing. The drop will hurt your form, but some people like them. I run a uni-mount on 2 guns and a CP rail on the other, I prefer a longer setup. Playing back with a drop just hurts after a while.
I like the long setup too, which is why I have my mini drop on backwards.

calebh
12-08-2006, 04:29 PM
if you are going to angle your tankup like that you beter be using hpa

:yeahthat: ive seen em, before. never shot a marker with one tho. looks kinda awkward, but some ppl love em.

Jimmyd24
12-08-2006, 05:38 PM
i think im going to try the angled one

Hob Hayward
12-08-2006, 05:49 PM
I hate drops, even micro drops..

08Lud08
12-08-2006, 06:00 PM
I like rails, and micro drops but I hate big drops because it gives you crappy posture.

bigred76
12-08-2006, 06:12 PM
*Looks at Lud's avvy and what he said and scratches head*

It all depends on feel... So use whatever you feel comfortable with.

08Lud08
12-08-2006, 06:26 PM
No I have to use that drop because the asa has a stupid skinny rail but I'm getting another gun for Christmas and I'm gonna part that imagine out and buy a cp direct mount on/off or a cp on/of with a micro drop. I loved them since my friends let me use their guns with them.