PDA

View Full Version : Combat Stock + Weapon Rail Question

darth massacre
12-07-2006, 12:53 AM
Hey guys.

I have a few questions on the FX combat stock that I hope we can find answers to. If anyone had used a real steel M4 Carbine with a combat stock;

1) How does the products made for MR1/2 compare to the real thing?

2) Are the parts interchangeble?

I'm asking this coz I've been looking at the FX commando stocks on Octanegear and was just wondering about possibilities of swapping the stock for other types. The Vltor Modstock, the LMT Cranestock and the Magpul M93 and CTR stocks are all based around the original combat stock idea. Those are expensive of course, but there are non impact rated Airsoft versions that work exactly like the milspec products.

If it fits, I think there are new possibilities for modding the MR series.

On to the Weapon Rails.

So far I've only found 2 "affordable" weapon rails for paintball - ie within my budget. The 9" and 7" rails from Opsgear (http://www.opsgear.com/Paintball-Barrel-M4-Weaver-Hand-Guard-7-Inch?sc=22&category=230) and the Phantom RIS system from RAP4 (http://rap4.com/paintball/os/phantom-handguard-rifled-barrel-package-p-1410.html).

If you don't want to get a BT barrel, these might be good options to consider. With the Opsgear rails, throw in a J&J barrel and you've got a great rail kit to go.

I'm just curious though as to how the rails mounted on barrels affect accuracy. As far as I know in firearms, freefloated barrels shoot better. I'm not quite knowlegable with paintball physics yet.

pbgrandpa
12-07-2006, 03:01 AM
To answer your first question on the FX commando stock. It is as close to the real thing as you can get. The mounting rod is made of metal and the stock ABS I believe. There is a screw on the stock for dissasembly so a full stock could be an option. On the hand guard rail assembly, I chose the Phatom RIS strickly on looks and the fact it will fit any barrel. I'm sure the one from Opsgear will also. Free floating barrels on a reg. rifle does improve accuracy as far as on a PB marker I don't believe it would have an effect.

darth massacre
12-07-2006, 10:33 AM
Hey, thanks for the prompt reply Granpa. I've been looking at the A5 stocks and I've got a feel for it since both my friends have them. I'm generally satisfied with how it works - I've only used full sized M16s when I was in service but never carbines so I can't tell for sure if it fully replicates the slide operation of the milspec stocks. Visually as far as I can tell, its probably the exact same thing. I guess the only way to find out for real is to take the plunge and go get both the FX commando and the Vltor modstock replacement for it to see if it fits :D

*notes down in his TO DO list.

pbgrandpa
12-07-2006, 11:38 AM
The one I have is a 4 position. They have the 6 position but it's $10 more. It's a well built stock and you'll like it if you get it. Didn't know you were in the service. A great big thank you for protecting our country.:tank2:

darth massacre
12-07-2006, 06:58 PM
Uh no, I didn't serve in the US forces. :D

pbgrandpa
12-07-2006, 11:40 PM
Ooooops my bad sounded like you were.