PDA

View Full Version : MR2/MR3 grip update

patshortland
12-06-2006, 10:24 PM
Hey guys, getting closer to finishing the grips.

I have added a few new ones to the album below. They are primed grey and are almost ready for casting in black resin. Just need to add texture for a better grip.

http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/patshortland/album?.dir=/4d02re2

QuiGonKen
12-07-2006, 12:28 AM
i have a question...is there a version in which the stock DOESNT retract??

like to be able to stick it on the back without the bars that let it retract?...

id be interested in that if i oculd get it...

DRAGON
12-07-2006, 05:03 PM
Gol dang, I just love those things. They look so professionally done -

Spoolinup
12-20-2006, 08:33 PM
That is a sick stock....very VERY interested in it if you planon selling them...
grips are kick*** too!! interested as well

pbgrandpa
12-20-2006, 09:04 PM
Man I want a set of those grips.

Picchi
12-24-2006, 10:33 PM
I'll get in line for a set!

wylde01
12-25-2006, 06:02 PM
just tell me when your gonna sell some grips and ill be there with money!!! i really want some better grips for the mr2.(the stock ones suck)

DRAGON
12-25-2006, 06:56 PM
Since we haven't heard from this guy in about a month, looks like another hype us up just to let us down thing that seems to hit these types of sites sporadically. IOW, don't hold your breath on this -

darth massacre
12-25-2006, 08:26 PM
If it happens then it happens. Between now and then life - and paintball - goes on.

patshortland
12-25-2006, 08:53 PM
Hey Dragon, thanks for the confidence vote. I assume you have never made anything like these. Please correct me if I am wrong.

If I am going to sell these I am sure you all want them to be as perfect as possible. Creating a near-perfect master from which to cast is a challenge at best. Given the holidays and actually working a full time job, not to mention a wife and 3 kids it is difficult to find time to finish anything.

I have been delayed as I found that one of the grip sides was not fitting flush to the marker handle. In all I have read that you guys want a grip that will fit as tight to the marker as possible unlike the stock grips. As a result I had to actually break the one side in half and rework it. Very frusterating and time consuming if you can imagine.

Also I am trying to be unique in how I represent the texture on the grip. To be different I am going to represent the grip texture a the words "WARFARE" running down the grip face. This is based on my company name which is "Warfare Designs".

I will post some new pics very shortly. Thank you all, including Dragon for your patience.

Pat

DRAGON
12-25-2006, 09:53 PM
Hee hee, thought that might get you from clinging on to the woodwork. We hear this stuff all the time and if someone doesn't say, "Hey, I'm still tinkering", faith kinda dissipates -