PDA

View Full Version : What is the best ball for the Rodeo?

JRossi
12-05-2006, 02:06 PM
I have a stock Rodeo. Just got it after playing at a local field with rental equipment. Wanted a better gun, read the reviews, and chose the Rodeo. Now I am looking for serious feedback on paintballs. What is the best ball out there? I am looking for not quite el-cheapo but not quite 2nd mortgage on home grade either. Something middle of the road. And if anyone can tell me exactly what the bore on the rodeo stock barrel is I would appreciate it. Thanks and happy times inflicting pain and welps on your fellow paintballer to all:D

pbgeek09
12-05-2006, 04:45 PM
I have a stock Rodeo. Just got it after playing at a local field with rental equipment. Wanted a better gun, read the reviews, and chose the Rodeo. Now I am looking for serious feedback on paintballs. What is the best ball out there? I am looking for not quite el-cheapo but not quite 2nd mortgage on home grade either. Something middle of the road. And if anyone can tell me exactly what the bore on the rodeo stock barrel is I would appreciate it. Thanks and happy times inflicting pain and welps on your fellow paintballer to all:D
Well I have tried many types of paint in the stock Rodeo barrel, and I would have to say some good well priced paint that fits the barrel good are 32 Degrees Team Colors, and Diablo Heat!

Jimmyd24
12-06-2006, 12:16 PM
depends on your barrel, the paint to bore match is the most important, also, dont get walmart paint.

ross * pilot
12-06-2006, 02:53 PM
I have had amazing success with Draxxus Midnight and Nelson Nelsplat. Both are pretty cheap, but the performance is outstanding for high pressure guns. Their shell is formulated to not break in the gun, yet, to break on your opponent.

splater18
12-06-2006, 06:23 PM
depends on your barrel, the paint to bore match is the most important, also, dont get walmart paint.
me love walmart paint espicly scrochted and it even comes in pink!!!!!!!!!!!
it works great in my rodeo but its bounces off people some times thats just what you get for wallmart paint

Jimmyd24
12-07-2006, 07:27 PM
thats the problem with walmart balls, used them for a while, they never broke on the person nor did they break in my gun, so i would shoot the person like five times before one broke

clickclicksplat
12-26-2006, 02:25 PM
Scorch or Visible Impact from Wal-Mart is good paint... monster ball isn't horrible either. Stay the heck away from any other Brass Eagle paint though.

And I would advise strongly against using marballizers... I've had nothing but problems shooting those ouyt of my TL-X and one of my firends says his rodea chops them a bunch.

Spyder5oh
12-31-2006, 07:24 AM
Scorch or Visible Impact from Wal-Mart is good paint... monster ball isn't horrible either. Stay the heck away from any other Brass Eagle paint though.

And I would advise strongly against using marballizers... I've had nothing but problems shooting those ouyt of my TL-X and one of my firends says his rodea chops them a bunch.

I agreed with clickclicksplat. The RPS Marballizers chop on my Rodeo too. I played with Visible Impact and is okay. Sometime the balls does not break. I sometime use Monster Ball, but use it on my last resourse.

JRossi
01-02-2007, 03:53 PM
Thanks for all the input guys. As for the which ball do I like best dilemna, I figured the only way I could sample this one and that one was to just start with the barrel, hence the recent Freak barrel system purchase. I am only a Noob rec-baller, so it was the Jr. kit for me. But so far, I am pleased with the results. It is certainly getting the job done.