PDA

View Full Version : My New Project...He's back

FredPo
12-04-2006, 04:32 PM
Well I'm systematicallay getting back into the sport and I can't stand not having a project to work on. My 2k5'd Ironmen timmy is lonely and building custom intimidators myself is half the fun of paintball. Here's my new project:

Specs: Species body with CCM clamping

Future Plans: Black w/ blue parts species intimidator
Blue Alias front block w/ matching blue Alias ram sleeve
Replace red ccm clamping ring with blue or black clamping ring.
05 BL reg
Alias LPR
empire frame
Tadao or Lucky Board
blue 2k5 cp on/off
blue lazer eyes
Grips-Not sure
No anno job is being considered right now

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v361/imagination3007/speciesbody.jpg

Also, I'd like to hear any ideas for this project that I should consider. I am taking my time with this project and trying to find the best deals possible.

I'll also update the pics once I recieve the body. This is the pic of the body from the seller. Let me know what you think.

Fred

Sandman_Bravo
12-04-2006, 05:01 PM
That's a unique body style.

claustrophobia9
12-04-2006, 05:24 PM
hot fred. hot. do a blue clamp and the AKA lpr again, but this time use the 2 liter + not the sidewinder
i agree on no anno.

FredPo
12-04-2006, 05:50 PM
hot fred. hot. do a blue clamp and the AKA lpr again, but this time use the 2 liter + not the sidewinder
i agree on no anno.

I was thinking about using all aka regs like on my ironmen but I thinking with a cost effective approach on this marker. I'm a poor college student who's getting married in under a year so using BL regs will be a cheaper route.
I agree with you on the blue clamp, it's definately needed, I'm just hoping the blue clamp will match the blue ram sleeve and front block.

Fred

metromuppetmower
12-04-2006, 06:21 PM
sex...those bodies are awsome the critical frames look better imo. the ninja is the way to go for timmies espeically that body style accents are good but too many over does it. if you dont mind saying how much did you spend on the body?

FredPo
12-06-2006, 09:33 AM
sex...those bodies are awsome the critical frames look better imo. the ninja is the way to go for timmies espeically that body style accents are good but too many over does it. if you dont mind saying how much did you spend on the body?

Well, I'm not a fan of the ninja look. I'm obsessed with blue/black markers if anyone couldn't tell, so this one is definitely getting black w/ blue parts look. It'll be unique as I've never seen a species like this.
AS for the price, I paid $225. That's with the aftermarket species vp bolt(remember species bolt are one of a kind since the species body is completely enclosed) and the ccm feedneck, eye covers, detents, eye cover screws, alias front block set screw (It is also tapped for an alias front block already :) ), and the ram sleeve set screw. For as rare as species are and as hard as they are to get ahold of, I feel like I got a pretty good deal.

Fred

shunut
12-06-2006, 10:27 AM
Pretty hot, good to see you back in the game.

Oscum Guy
12-06-2006, 03:24 PM
dude thats a sweet body. id get the tadao board. look way better than the lucky. if you like ebay advanceconcept and barbspaintball supply have low prices for timmy parts. and you can get evil detonators dirt cheap.

Drefish99
12-06-2006, 03:34 PM
You know my views and I am easily at your disposal for knowledge. Knowing your other projects I know for a fact this one will be no less than superior and I can't wait to see its finish. My suggestion is after getting parts. Post it here so we can see the regeneration of this beast. Have a name for the project yet? :D

claustrophobia9
12-06-2006, 04:05 PM
every1 <3 ninjas... till the ninja finds your heart... and rips it out

FredPo
12-06-2006, 04:06 PM
dude thats a sweet body. id get the tadao board. look way better than the lucky. if you like ebay advanceconcept and barbspaintball supply have low prices for timmy parts. and you can get evil detonators dirt cheap.
yeah, I've got a spare frenzy 127 so I'm going to toss that in my ironmen and put the tadao M5 that's currently in my ironmen into the species. Thanks for the hints on places to buy parts.

You know my views and I am easily at your disposal for knowledge. Knowing your other projects I know for a fact this one will be no less than superior and I can't wait to see its finish. My suggestion is after getting parts. Post it here so we can see the regeneration of this beast. Have a name for the project yet? :D

Dre, you've already been a big help and in the future, I expect nothing less. Thanks again. As I get parts in, I'll actually make another thread going through the process of building the species into a 2k5 style intimidator. As for a name for this project..hmmm I'm thinking I'll call her Sil off the movie "Species". Wasn't Sil the name of the alien on species. Yeah, I'll go with "Sil" for this project. What do you guys think?

Fred