PDA

View Full Version : its possible to run co2 on the Vs3 correct

tweak
11-29-2006, 05:16 PM
its possible to run co2 on the Vs3 correct ?

OOB
11-30-2006, 05:37 AM
Yes, but is not recommended. Some have and dont it have any problems.

The reason it is not recommend is because co2 is unstable at high rates of fire and can freeze your gun, ruin orings, and it is possible to break parts, mainly the gauge.

It is possible to break the gauge and this is how. If you shoot fast and the gas is cold. It will be reg down to ~200psi. But if you stop shooting for awhile the gas will warm and expand and the pressure will rise. If the pressure goes past 600psi inside the gun the gauge will break.

CareBear-Killer
11-30-2006, 06:42 PM
If you shoot enough, quick enough you may even freeze the valve open. ..atleast I've seen mention of that else where in the forums.

I think the biggest concern with this marker are the internals, such as the o-rings, rubber buffers, and the guage. These items constantly being frozen and thawn, can't be good for longevity.

bigred76
11-30-2006, 08:01 PM
I might point out that markers HAVE been being run off CO2 since the late 1980's.... ALTHOUGH, it only has a recharge rate of 17bps or so, which deffinately puts a crap in your style, if ya know what I mean... It's atrade-off you need to weigh. A well working marker with HPA, or a marker that might break down from use of CO2. Not saying it WILL break down, one use can't harm it with pop-shots in your backyard, but I'm saying I don't reccommend it with a VS3 as it CAN break down.

Hob Hayward
12-02-2006, 12:15 PM
Really all thats gonna happen is that the gauge could go kaput, and it might mess with the reg, but honestly, co2 isn't nearly as bad as people say. Maybe if you were to go full auto for 10 seconds straight during the winter then I suppose you might be able to freeze your valve, but honestly. My friend using unregged co2 on his pilot shot half a hopper on auto and nothing bad happened at all. Using a palmers stabilizer LP setup I have shot a full hopper at 15ish bps and nothing has happened, worked flawlessly. So honestly, If I got one of these, the first upgrade I'd get would be trinity's front block and palmer fatty stabilizer. Then you don't need to worry about co2.

pbgeek09
12-03-2006, 10:12 AM
its possible to run co2 on the Vs3 correct ?
I wouldn't suggest it but if that's the only thing you can do make your tank an anti siphon tank