PDA

View Full Version : What should I do?

yod3r
11-28-2006, 03:09 PM
hey im kinda a newbie even tho iv been in it for a while and i was just wondering what a few of your opinions were on getting a mr2 or not. right now i hav a spyder imagine select with a unknown brand feedneck,3A barrel,32degrees remote, and a empire reloader. Should i spend the money and get the mr2 because i really like how it looks and i wanted a more senario sort of gun or should i just spend the money and get upgrades on my gun?

I would really appreciate any of your opinions

thanx

darth massacre
11-28-2006, 03:49 PM
Welcome to the forums dude - one newbie to another.

Usually I'm not too keen on replying to such posts coz at the end of the day its your money...and I believe you should get a marker that works best for you as to not ruin your paintball experience.

The MR2 has its problems - I'm starting to experience the issues people have with the ACS bolt and I know where to get the solution - from the helpful folks here of course. There are also a variety of other little issues here and there that irks me on a personal level - so let's not go into that as everyone has different views and its not really arguable. There are also other issues - its not a flawless marker - but I believe most, if not all, are fixable. I'd say its a pretty good marker if you get it setup right and shooting right.

As for upgradability - initially I was kinda disappointed with what's available out there - it seems like there's a bunch of mods for the A5 and Tippmann 98s but not much for the MR series - but after plowing thru here, I realized there are lots of upgrade options. You just gotta know where to look.

I hope this doesn't come across like a sales talk, you should decide what works best for you. But I can say from my own limited experience, the MR2 works for me.

yod3r
11-28-2006, 03:57 PM
thanx man and i appreciate your opinion, for right now im leaning toward the mr2 but i still dont know yet

wylde01
11-28-2006, 05:04 PM
i also dont like to just tell someone to buy a certian marker but ive had my mr2 since around april this year and im one of the people here that have not had any problems with my marker. i can say from my experience that this marker is a great marker for scenerio.(it also looks good in my opinion!!!) if you do end up going with the mr2 you can ask me or all the other people here on opinions for upgrades.

oh yea
welcome to the forums!!! you'll find all the help you ever need here.

yod3r
11-28-2006, 05:34 PM
ya i found a great package on ebay and i probly gonna go with it, it has the gun, a 5pod qloader package, 6+1 harness,coiled remote, proto kneepads and elbow pads,a v force mask with a fan, a cleaning kit, a chest protect and neck protector, and a 20" j&j ceramic barrel for $300. I looked up all the prices and that totals over $450 so i think its a pretty good deal

thanx for the welcome to and iv already learned more than iv ever known thanks to this site

wylde01
11-28-2006, 05:58 PM
well thats good that you found a good deal. would you mind giving a link to that site? i would like to see it for myself.

yod3r
11-28-2006, 06:56 PM
im sorry i already had someone buy it for me and the link was takin off of ebay but i had him email me the pics for this very reason. It says they're too big :mad: so il post them as soon as i can after i make them smaller

srry for the wait

yod3r
11-28-2006, 07:10 PM
ok i did that and it took me forever but im going to hav to send two posts because there are so many pics

yod3r
11-28-2006, 07:14 PM
heres the other ones but im actually gonna hav to make three posts instead of two and i heard its not good to make so many posts so i appolagize:(

yod3r
11-28-2006, 07:15 PM
and the rest of the pics of my new baby, and again im srry for so many posts

wylde01
11-28-2006, 07:29 PM
np about so many post. when you get the mr2 in can you tell me how the qloader is attached? i cant quite tell from the images. im about to get a qloader but also an ak ex-chamber and have not found a good way to mount it yet.

yod3r
11-28-2006, 07:50 PM
wat im thinking about doing wen i get my gun is getting the direct feed adapter and attaching the q loader to the top of the gun running back towards the tank so i could hold on the the handle/expansion chamber better but ya il get bak to you on how to attach it

darth massacre
11-28-2006, 08:45 PM
np about so many post. when you get the mr2 in can you tell me how the qloader is attached? i cant quite tell from the images. im about to get a qloader but also an ak ex-chamber and have not found a good way to mount it yet.
Hey Wylde, I may be wrong but it looks like its hooked up to the front screw of the handguard/foregrip.

That is a sick deal dude - I hope you have fun with your new acquisition.

Maxx-Damage
11-29-2006, 11:38 AM
To use the mounting that comes with the q-loader will need the Front hand grip to be removed. Im going with teh direct mount from q-loader due to it having another mounting rail for o say a laser.

yod3r
11-29-2006, 11:55 AM
idk about the setup but il explain when it comes in the mail and maxx-damage thats the setup i think im going to do so i can actually hang on to the forgrip

wylde01
11-29-2006, 02:37 PM
my hang grip is going to be replaced with the ak ex-chamber soon so what will it mount to then? i want the qloader to be under the barrel. nice gun by the way yod3r

yod3r
11-29-2006, 03:08 PM
thanx and i dont know much about the qloader and how to mount it so you could try calling them and asking a good way on how you want yours to mount, they might have or know someone that makes a custom mount for how you want it

wylde01
11-29-2006, 03:14 PM
good advice but i hate talking to those type of people. ill just ask around here untill i get the help i need. these people help with anything.

yod3r
11-29-2006, 04:35 PM
ya i agree on talkin to tech people about stuff, they usually cant see anything on the level that you want them too. askin on here wuld b a good idea(iv learned so many things from this site)