PDA

View Full Version : problem with my vs3

playajst
11-28-2006, 11:29 AM
my problem is my gun shoots one shot and doesnt recock. i lubed everything except the bolt. any suggestions? Is it a ball detent problem???

SharpObjects
11-28-2006, 11:49 AM
What PSI are you running? Sometimes it may be necessary to raise the marker's PSI to 210 to 220. Also, what airsource are you using?

OOB
11-28-2006, 11:50 AM
This is a common problem. Read here. http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=7177
there are some link in there to a thread on PBN that is pretty helpful.

Quick tips:
Make sure tank is full.
make sure the on/off is all the way on.
lube every moving part even the orings on the bolt. (The manuel should say what to lube)
Up the PSI to ~250.
Adjust the volicity.
Make sure bolt is in correctly.
Make sure bolt is not catching on the ball detents.

Most of the time this issue can be solved by Lubing the gun correctly and adjusting the pressure. The reg is not the most consistant right out of the box and needs to be broken in.

playajst
11-28-2006, 11:55 AM
running at about 275 full tank hpa 47/3000

Theheroguy
11-28-2006, 03:42 PM
the bolt is easyto put in upsidedown I do it to see me bps and not break balls but sometimes this makes it not recock. For some odd reason a lot of people's vs' optimal operating pressure fluctuates. Yes we are using hpa srcew in systems

OOB
11-28-2006, 04:04 PM
For some odd reason a lot of people's vs' optimal operating pressure fluctuates. Yes we are using hpa srcew in systems

This is due most in part to having to break in the reg... All guns have this issues if the reg is new to some degree or another. However if it is still unstable after a case or 2 of paint then i got nothing. :)

jledesma
12-12-2006, 11:35 PM
Not sure if this is actually the cause or coincidence in my experience when my VS3 did not recock after one shot. But I played one day on my slightly recharged battery (did not have enough time to full charge it) and as it drained down, it would not cock after the first shot. Thought it was broken somehow. Fully charged the battery and never had problems with the cocking again.

scpres1
12-13-2006, 08:51 AM
Pull out the striker and lube the o-ring, let it set for about 5 miniutes, and put it back into your gun. Hook up your air tank, cock it, and fire it about 10-15 times to make sure its all lubed.

CareBear-Killer
12-13-2006, 09:10 PM
The battery is just an odd coincadince... battery shouldn't have nothing to do with the recocking.

The recock issue sounds like there isn't enough lube on either the bolt or striker. Let us know if anything changes after a fresh lub job on the striker and bolt orings. If you're running at 275 PSI, there should be more than enough pressure to recock the marker.

Do you feel any air leaking out of the marker anywhere? That may be another thing for you to check if the lube doesn't resolve the issue.

Cakeslob
12-16-2006, 09:35 AM
i didnt read whole thread, but the rubber detents and a dry bolt will cause it to not recock

scpres1
12-18-2006, 11:48 AM
Also, I have a VS2, and my dad has a VS3. If you experience Re-Cocking problems, just pull out the bolt, and the striker and put acouple drops of oil on the o-rings and let it sit for about 2 mins. Then wipe the excess oil off, and put your marker back together. Hook up your air tank, and shoot it about 20 times to make sure its all lubed up. That should fix it.