PDA

View Full Version : LP Problem

canthelpitimaguy
11-27-2006, 03:43 PM
This a lp problem but its on a Xtra so i thought i should go here.

ok, i have an old body spyder Xtra, and i did a low pressure mod to it. i drilled the stock VA, and the stock valve. I have a aka lighting bolt, and a electro frame with tboard. i also have a j&j barrel. I also polished the striker. OK, this is the problem. I put a ion stock reg on it, and it wont recock. then i put a cp reg on there and it worked, but had crazy kick. ive been workin on this gun for a little while now, and i cant seen to get it right. Also, i never really understood the spring kit, what is the recommended sringes to use for example, should i got stiff main and light valve? I have a 32 degrees spring kit.

If anyone could help, i went to otters and i stilll couldnt get it. Ive been on this for over a year now, and im getting frustrated but i dont want to give up.

O yea, I was also wondering if anyone know what the best settings for the tboard are for a low pressure setup.

Thanks for you help.

druid
11-27-2006, 04:32 PM
The Ion reg isn't going to help you if the gun doesn't recock under 300 psi (that's the maximum output for the Ion stock reg).

On the different LP markers I created, they all used different springs. Only testing will show you what works best for your particular marker. Id say start with light valve and medium striker...

I'd suggest getting a different valve. A Rocket valve and I think Bomberpilot07 might be selling on in his sales thread...
You need higher flowing to achieve your desired results and I'm afraid your "modified stock valve" isn't cutting it. On a side note, replacing the valve to a Rocket...you may finally be able to use the Stock Ion reg with that set up.

On the TBoard settings, also contact bomberpilot because I sold him my Esprit with the TBoard and he has all the settings I tested with on paper.

canthelpitimaguy
11-27-2006, 04:54 PM
ok thanks, ill get a roket valve, and see if that works

ooglieboogliebob
11-27-2006, 05:41 PM
Well i would have to say switch the VA out also. It can be either a -10* trinity or a 15* assault block. Both are high flowing. I have tried modding stock VA's but not much has happened. Because of the compact design as the LPC collides with the ASA, even if you open it up fully, only half will work effectively. If you go farther than half way you go through the threads of the LPC forcing your to epoxy or JB weld the LPC shut.

Modded stock valve should actually be fine. When i was doing my LP project i had most stock except the Reg and the VA, all else modded. I could get down to 200psi at recocking point, and 260psi @ 275FPS. It might have been the great weather down here. I know Bomberpilot has trouble getting to 350PSI with his humid weather with a GREAT LP setup. I could probably knotch it down to about 150PSI or so with his, but im not sure what would happen to the efficiency with that.

As for the Striker, you could mod that but i really see no need to as i havn't really seen a difference with a modded striker.

I'll explain the springkit a bit.
The main/striker spring contributes to how much force is given to the valve pin. The valve spring coiles and opens the valve as the force of the main spring and the resistance of the valve spring. Basically, if you have a light main and strong valve, there is longer dwell forcing more air to the paintball, but gaining kick, and losing efficiency. With a strong main and heavy valve there is less dwell forcing less air to the paintball which makes you have higher PSI but less kick and more efficiency. You really need to balance this out and try different combos.

So if it was TL;DR basically:
Aftermarket VA
Maybe aftermarket Valve
Another Reg
Modded Striker if you wish (grind to make lighter)
And Tuned springs

canthelpitimaguy
11-28-2006, 04:11 PM
ok so what your saying is that if i what efficency i have to up the psi, and it will have more kick if i want lower psi.

Will it have alot kick if i have higher psi?

Becouse i am lookin for less kick more than lower psi. Lowest kick possible first, and then low psi.

druid
11-28-2006, 04:19 PM
lower psi = lower recoil (kick)

but

lowest psi DOESN'T = better efficiency (even though most/many of us did get better efficiency at seriously low pressures)

canthelpitimaguy
11-28-2006, 04:31 PM
i mean with the springs, ogglie said that if i use the strong main and weak valve, the dwell would increace and cause more kick but would run at lower psi. and if i use weaker main and stronger valve, it would need more psi, but would be more eficaint. he never said anything about kick with the strong valve, and weak main.

Hob Hayward
11-28-2006, 04:55 PM
Weak main=less kick. Think about how it works, and you should be able to relaize why everything works the way it does.

canthelpitimaguy
11-29-2006, 05:24 PM
i dont know, that is why im asking. But thanks for your help anyway.

ooglieboogliebob
11-29-2006, 06:54 PM
ok ... with a hard main and soft valve ... when you hit the trigger what happens ??
The striker hits the valve pin correct ?? With a hard main it means more force is excerted to the valvepin. The valve spring is soft therefore less force can be absorbed increasing the amount of time it is opened. This increases air to the bolt allowing lower PSI ... but most likely less efficiency since the cupseal is opened longer.

With a soft main and hard valve ... it's the other way around.

canthelpitimaguy
12-03-2006, 07:07 AM
Thanks.
ok i was on pbreview, and i say a few different strikers, the dragunfly striker, the dark horizon striker and the nightstriker XL. i was wondering if anyone knew whitch one is the best. i read on otter's site that he had a special stirker made, and that is the Dark horizon that i am talking about.

Also with the VA, is there any good one that i could get other than the check it products becouse i dont like the 15* thing. I heard the 32* VA is good but i cant seem to find it anywere. If someone could help i would appriciate it.

thanks

pbgeek09
12-03-2006, 11:38 AM
lower psi = lower recoil (kick)

but

lowest psi DOESN'T = better efficiency (even though most/many of us did get better efficiency at seriously low pressures)
Yep lower pressure is always more efficient.

High Pressure = Smaller amount of air at higher pressure
Low Pressure = More Air at lower pressure

So actually low pressure is a lot of times less efficient

pbgeek09
12-03-2006, 11:39 AM
Thanks.
ok i was on pbreview, and i say a few different strikers, the dragunfly striker, the dark horizon striker and the nightstriker XL. i was wondering if anyone knew whitch one is the best. i read on otter's site that he had a special stirker made, and that is the Dark horizon that i am talking about.

Also with the VA, is there any good one that i could get other than the check it products becouse i dont like the 15* thing. I heard the 32* VA is good but i cant seem to find it anywere. If someone could help i would appriciate it.

thanks
Nightstriker XL (sorry for the double post)

canthelpitimaguy
12-03-2006, 04:56 PM
thanks ill order one asap, and I still got a question on the VA.

Help Please Thanks

Hob Hayward
12-03-2006, 05:35 PM
You could go with the trinity VA, its got a -7* angle on it, as to the BL VA, I couldn't find one when I looked.

canthelpitimaguy
12-10-2006, 11:35 AM
ok, well i was looking around and i found that noone sells the bob long and 32 degrees VA's anymore. so i was hoping someone could help me out. i was lookin at the Check it and both trinity VA's. Does anone know which one gets the best flow.

thanks for your help.

Hob Hayward
12-10-2006, 03:04 PM
They're about the same. So get whichever one would feel better, angled forwards or angled back.

druid
12-10-2006, 03:39 PM
"stores" thread link in my sig

bigred76
12-10-2006, 05:43 PM
Angled forwards feels best for with drops. Angled back feeld best with rails. Just my feelings, though. I'd try them out yourself before deciding to buy...