PDA

View Full Version : Co2 tank mods

1greenspyder
11-26-2006, 05:50 PM
has anyone tried moding there 20 oz tanks and what are the pros and cons of adding a anti syphon line. I did one and it turned out great and I played alot longer than anyone else did. just wanted to know what you guys think.

druid
11-26-2006, 06:10 PM
the pro is that no more (or significantly less) liquid gets into the marker

the cons are that
1. If you do it yourself and wrong, it can blow up
2. unless all your ASAs are set up the same, the tank is dedicated to the one you set it up for
3. It is still cold
4. it's still co2...dirty, cold and inconsistant compared to HPA

DRAGON
11-26-2006, 08:18 PM
Tank won't blow up because they all have burst disks set to purge at 1800psi old tanks and 3000psi newer tanks. There is a chance of the tank unscrewing from the valve and shooting off like a rocket though. This has caused deaths before. Essentially if you have the correct burst disk and use red Loctite to hold the valve to the tank, there should be no probs. Thing is, some aren't as in tune as others and take things for granted. Extreme caution should be taken for anyone inexperienced that has not done this before -

bigred76
11-26-2006, 10:34 PM
This has caused deaths before.
I believe it claimed one at my local field, actually. Manufacture's defect.

Only anti-siphon it if you absolutely KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING. Any other way, and it will have a failure. Guaranteed. Mebbe not right when you fill it, but down the line, it'll kick you in the ass. Take your time, read a correct manual while doing it, and double check your work and it'll be fine.

1greenspyder
11-27-2006, 11:01 AM
thanks alot guys. I hope nothing happens.

ooglieboogliebob
11-27-2006, 05:07 PM
.... nah nothing will happen. I'v done it multiple times. If you want you could just run a remote.

No ASA or blowing up problems.