PDA

View Full Version : Wondering if anyone has ever done the magnet trigger w/ a One Frame.

Ace24
11-25-2006, 12:50 PM
Well Sidney made the T-1 switch wayyyy too light. Its effing amazing, but the trigger touches it and sets it off if I just tip the gun up and the gun wont stop firing. I was wondering if anyone has ever put a magnet on the trigger of the One Kit. Is it possible? If so, where would I get the magnets and where would I put them on?

druid
11-25-2006, 02:01 PM
Rare Earth magnets from Radio Shack found HERE (http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102642&cp=&origkw=rare+earth+magnets&kw=rare+earth+magnets&parentPage=search). Don't let their size fool you, these are strong little creeps.
Then click the Spyder Bible in my sig. Go to Spyder Pages, scroll down to Spyder Home Modifications, click magnetic trigger return link and follow the directions

08Lud08
11-25-2006, 09:12 PM
are the magnets as strong as the spring? also is it easier to walk the trigger than with the spring?

druid
11-26-2006, 12:37 AM
are the magnets as strong as the spring?
Not necessarily 'stronger' but snappier...yes. These little suckers have a very strong magnetic attraction and repulsion to them. They work extremely well for the lighter, aftermarket triggers. On a Spyder and the way you set them up, they repel against each other to move the trigger away from the microswitch.
also is it easier to walk the trigger than with the spring?

Most people would say yes. I think it is...

Oscum Guy
11-26-2006, 06:15 AM
just do otters modification.

Ace24
11-26-2006, 11:17 AM
Yes but keep in mind this isnt a Spyder frame. Its a One frame. Thats why I am not sure where to put the magnets...

VIKING!!! You've owned one! Where would I put it?

Oscum Guy
11-26-2006, 11:45 AM
isnt the frame jut like an intimidator frame then?

vikingshadow
11-26-2006, 06:28 PM
It's been awhile since I paid attention to the Dragun frame (if that is indeed what you have and not the different ZIP frame...) However, I think there'd be no difference in where to put the magnets - either directly behind the trigger or up inside the frame under the body. Just be careful, you can't replace a frame for the ZIP or The One kit very easily...

Why don't you just go inside the switch itself and correct the problem? I made a tutorial on how to do it, just unbend it a bit. Should fix it pretty well....

Ace24
11-26-2006, 06:42 PM
Its a One Kit frame. I have both the zip and one now lol. Using parts from both on my gun.

Alright, thanks for the advice... I'm going to check out those magnets and I think I have a few possibilities on where to put them.

Ace24
12-02-2006, 10:22 PM
I figured out a way to do it. Thanks Druid for the Radioshack link. I went there and picked up the magnets...

Holy crap are those things powerful for being that tiny. I drilled a hole deep enough and just wide enough to press the magnet into the trigger. Then I shaved a bit out of the slot near the micro switch and suck the second one in.

It works GREAT! :) Thanks guys!