PDA

View Full Version : A stumper.

ross * pilot
11-25-2006, 07:36 AM
Ok, this morning i was firing tori and it was doing great at 310 psi. i shot about half a hopper and when i was down to like 10 balls, it just clicked and nothing happened. The bolt didnt uncock, but stayed cocked. I degased, inspected my gun and found that there was this AWFUL looking paintball stuckin IN BETWEEN MY DETENTS! This is probably the most awful looking paintball you have ever seen. (DONT GET MONSTER BALLS) I took it out of the detents, regased, and started firing new paintballs. It worked perfectly! i wonder what the problem was that made my pilot just click? I dont have eyes lol.

Hossy
11-25-2006, 07:48 AM
pics?

Oscum Guy
11-25-2006, 08:26 AM
Ok, this morning i was firing tori and it was doing great at 310 psi. i shot about half a hopper and when i was down to like 10 balls, it just clicked and nothing happened. The bolt didnt uncock, but stayed cocked. I degased, inspected my gun and found that there was this AWFUL looking paintball stuckin IN BETWEEN MY DETENTS! This is probably the most awful looking paintball you have ever seen. (DONT GET MONSTER BALLS) I took it out of the detents, regased, and started firing new paintballs. It worked perfectly! i wonder what the problem was that made my pilot just click? I dont have eyes lol.
i got monster balls and there were dents in all of them.

ross * pilot
11-25-2006, 08:31 AM
sorry, i threw out the paintball, but believe me, it was BAD. yeah, i seriously say dont get monster balls unless you use them right away. I kept them for about a week and all of them had dents.

Anyways, any causes of the problem explained earlier??? thnx

Hob Hayward
11-25-2006, 11:28 AM
The bolt looked like it was still cocked I bet, but in reality it had gone forwards a tiny bit and stopped when it hit the ball.

At least thats what I'm guessing, I've had it happen before, its definitely handy to use the softest mainspring, that way you often don't chop but you'll just decock.

ross * pilot
11-25-2006, 11:43 AM
ok, thanks. I have changed to rear cocking so its kinda difficult to tell whether its fully cocked, since there is a big cocking rod. And yes, i use the softest main spring and thankfully didnt chop the paintball.

shunut
11-25-2006, 01:33 PM
Could have been something to do with the battery, made not enough juice to push the sear forward enough to release the striker.

Could have just been stuck and you unstuck it when you took the marker apart.

newkid
11-26-2006, 03:06 PM
monster balls are crap