PDA

View Full Version : Have game tomorrow HELP!!!!!

adriann222
11-24-2006, 07:25 PM
Ok I just stuck a ACS bolt in my friends shutter and now it won't recock.

We put in the old bolt and it works fine....but when we put in the ACS bolt it burps.

Anyhelp would be great cause we are going to the field tomorrow AM.

yamaha cow
11-24-2006, 07:28 PM
wipe off all oil in side where teh bolt goes no dirt or oil should touch it then make shure the striker is oild tand there is a good full air source.

adriann222
11-24-2006, 07:31 PM
Yeah did that.

The real mystery is why will it work with the old bolt and not the new one.

Is there any difference between these things.

yamaha cow
11-24-2006, 07:54 PM
yes very much put the new one on and loof down the feedneck when it us uncocked and role a paintball in and see if it roles into the chamber. i dont know but is it rear cocking or top cocking or side ?

guerrero101
11-24-2006, 09:15 PM
It's the ACS bolt. Same problem with a friends Electra. He took it back to the local paintball store for an exchange and was told by the owner that a batch of ACS were manufactured wrong somehow. compare the two bolts, take measurments of each were they would catch the sear. See if measurments are the same.

Ace24
11-25-2006, 01:13 AM
The bolt doesnt catch the sear, the hammer/ram does. There have always been recocking issues with the Kingman ACS bolts. You have to break them in and soften the spring. (As far as I know)

Now it is possible you bought the wrong bolt for you gun, in that case, it might be the wrong size and it could be screwing things up. Are you sure its the right bolt?

adriann222
11-25-2006, 04:49 AM
no its not the right bolt.

its top cocking and i have a rear cocking marker (shutter).

But I thought all spyder parts were interchangeable???? Oh and it's well broken in cause I got it used. I just don't understand what could possibly be causing this. How does the bolt effect the markers ability to re-cock??

yamaha cow
11-25-2006, 05:06 AM
the knob is in the way shouldn't it be and then when it goes to recock it hits the maker and wont catch on sear. they are interchangable your just need the wright cocking mechanism.

adriann222
11-25-2006, 06:05 AM
I'm sorry but that didn't make alot of sense. Can you clarify?

Oh and I took my friends marker apart (it's his gun) and I noticed that the precious owner had cut the spring and put an extra shim in there to increase the tension. I ordered him a spring kit, do you think that will help?

Oh and what do you mean it would hit the marker and not catch the sear?

Oh and I'm letting him use my gun today since we can't get his to work right. But I still need to know how to get this fixed.

yamaha cow
11-25-2006, 07:58 AM
hmm nice find that was my stupid brother talking before. i dont think so i would call kingman and ask them what you could do to fix it.

vwjimmy
11-25-2006, 08:41 AM
It must be binding A.....How does it fit in the body? What are you using to cock it? Hope your game goes well too! :)

adriann222
11-25-2006, 01:11 PM
See I was thinking the same thing. But is slides around super smooth when your not shooting it.

I'm thinking it's his drive spring. It's hacked to pieces and even has an extra shim in there to increase the pressure so that it will recock. At first I thought that shim was preventing it from coming all the way back to the sear, but then when the stock bolt worked I was just shocked.

I'm expecting a spring kit today or Monday so I guess I know if it's the spring then.

yamaha cow
11-25-2006, 01:26 PM
is there a striker buffer in it?

xafterlifex
11-25-2006, 01:41 PM
no its not the right bolt.

But I thought all spyder parts were interchangeable???? Oh and it's well broken in cause I got it used. I just don't understand what could possibly be causing this. How does the bolt effect the markers ability to re-cock??

More than likely thats your problem. You need to get the bolt that was designed for your gun. I've got an ACS bolt in my Spyder and it works great. Hope that helps.

badlandsrox
11-25-2006, 02:22 PM

I would bet that your problem is that you are using a top cocking bolt on a rear cocking marker, therefore, the pin is not in the bolt (if im not mistaken, it goes all the way down to all that stuff in the lower tube, but im not exactly sure), therefore it cannot recock, since there is no power (air) to push it back.