PDA

View Full Version : New Mask help

splater18
11-24-2006, 03:16 PM
my parents have said no to a new gun so i have decide to get a new mask. i have lowered it down to Empire E-vents, v-force profiler old style,or dye invision. i am really leaning toward the e-vents but i dont know if there worth the $100. I need some pros and cons of each before making a decison.

fyi i now have a v-force vantage

marvin-martian
11-24-2006, 03:38 PM
go try them on. they all fit differantly.

Oscum Guy
11-24-2006, 03:50 PM
id not go with the profiler. i dont have a dye mask but i have a proto mask and i like it alot. it fits well and doesnt fog but its lens is very fragile. get a proto, they are the same quality of a dye mask but 3 times less the price. they are made by the same company. i dont know much about the e-vent but they look freakin sweet. id get the e-vent if you have the money, but they dont look like they protect much of you face.

btw: proto switch-$30, dye invision-$90. same quality, think about it.

marvin-martian
11-24-2006, 03:52 PM
and add some pro-flexes to your list.

splater18
11-24-2006, 03:56 PM
ill keep my mind open marv

oscum witch switch do you have

Hossy
11-24-2006, 04:23 PM
search...................
there have been a few of these already, but go try them on

08Lud08
11-24-2006, 04:33 PM
For the events they look cool but I don't like them personally. Same thing with the proflex, I don't like the soft ears very much and to me I think they are uncomfortable. I like the regular vents avatar and the profilers. I think those are the best masks. For the dye I haven't tried them but I tried the proto axis and to me that mask is kinda too small for my face but I think the invisions would be better.

timmyshoota
11-24-2006, 05:07 PM
I <3 my Profilers and my Proflexes. My only gripe with the Proflexes is the dual paned lenses, paint gets in between. Thats why I love my Profilers, its a single lens, so no paint can get in between. Visibility is equal on them both to me, but the Proflexes get a million more bounces.I haven't taken a single bounce since switching back to my Profilers and it sucks. I'm thinking about getting the Grillz if they are soft like Proflexes.

colonel_moo
11-24-2006, 05:29 PM
i absolutely love my profiler. its amazing, its so comfortable and i can see everything. although since i bought them, i havent really tried on too many new masks, so i dont really know about alot of the new ones. doesnt seem like it can get too much better than profilers though, except maybe bounce factor.

TheRedBarron
11-24-2006, 05:50 PM
The new I3 has soft ears and flex grill. I really like DYE masks. But I also have a E-vent and I <3 it the best.

bamf-hacker
11-24-2006, 06:11 PM
if you want to wait I may have a Grey Profiler SE for sale soon. As soon as I can test out the grillz :)

If you cant I say the Profilers. The lenses are great and super easy to change out. I love my Pro flex's also, but changing the lenses is a task and when you are done your finger tips hurt :(

MadMan66
11-24-2006, 06:39 PM
i got a brand new dye invision for $40 on eBay! but it's a pain in the butt to change the lense and it doesn't protect you neck at all (but you could get a neck protector), but other than that it's pretty awesome. i'd say go with a dye invision (if you don't mind you fingers sore from trying to take off the lense)

Ace24
11-24-2006, 09:57 PM
I like Proflex's and Profilers the best. I can't wait to see the new VForce Grillz. I basicly agree with everything Timmyshooter said up there. I do however notice a difference with the two lenses. If you are in light that shines into your goggles and reflects on your skin, you can see your eyeballs in the Profilers spherical lense. But its easy to see past it, just sort of creepy sometimes. Haha.

The fact that you can swap lenses with ease, and clean them so quickly is the biggest + for the profiler for me. That and the way it looks. E-vents look cool, but I've never tried one on. The Proflex is great for the price.

My advice, try them all on, see wich one is best for you, and then deside.

Try each of these on:
Dye I3
VForce Profiler
JT Proflex
Empire E-Vents
Proto Axis

If you wait for a bit, you'll be able to try on the new VForce Grillz as well.

vikingshadow
11-25-2006, 05:50 AM
I'd go with trying them on first. Personally, after having Profilers, I wouldn't ever go to having double lenses or lenses that are in a gasket like the Invisions are ever again. I love my Profilers!

I've never owned proflexes, although I've tried them on a few times and just couldn't get used to them. All my friends that have them like them though!

I was never much for going out and buying the latest greatest in masks. It's kinda like running shoes to me - you find a brand that works great for you, stick with them.

I'd recommend these -

1. Profilers/proflexes
2. Events - never had them, but I hear they are very similar to Profilers
3. Try them on first, then try everything in the shop on. Then try taking the lenses out. Base your decision on comfort, stability and ease in cleaning.

Oscum Guy
11-25-2006, 06:21 AM
ill keep my mind open marv

oscum witch switch do you have
its just the EL. i heard the FL is better.

xafterlifex
11-25-2006, 02:54 PM
I've got invisions and there great. But then again thats pretty much the only goggles i've had besides the cheap mask that came with the start up kit way back when I first got my marker.

But remember your gonna be wearing the mask every single time you play. So get something that is gonna protect your eyes and that is comfertable. The best thing to do is like everyone else said and just go to a shop and try on all different types until you find the perfect one for you.

UKwithPride
11-25-2006, 03:11 PM
I have some invisions, and stated before, they are a pain to take apart. Other than that, I think they are a great mask, but I may be getting a new mask soon...

taurinic
11-25-2006, 03:52 PM
Profiler are awesome, but I got rid of it to get a Flex 8, which is also awesome. The foam on the flex8 is a little thicker and comfortable (to me.)

so now (imo) flex8 > profiler

PumaPride04
11-25-2006, 09:16 PM
um................. i have some eventz and i love them and i only got them for 40 bucks (brand new) but if i had to pay a hundred bucks for them i would have done that to cause you cant put a price on your vision but if you dont like the lookz of the events go for the V-FORCE GRILLZ

splater18
11-27-2006, 03:00 PM
Thanks for all the help guys. i will defintely consider all comments when i try on the masks