PDA

View Full Version : battery life

06SpyderElectra
11-24-2006, 09:47 AM
How come my battery power life on my BRAND NEW spyder 9.6 v drains so fast like i would charge it for 1 day or more and i wont use it until like 10 days later the red battery would be on (saying the batterys flat)?

SharpObjects
11-24-2006, 09:59 AM
See my other post. Please search next time. There are a few topics on this.

"It doesn't drain it fast. The situation is if you leave the battery in the marker, in about 2-2 1/2 days, it will drain the battery. We don't know why it does this.

All you have to do is take the battery out when your done playing/charging. Also keep a spare 9 volt in your gear bag for an emergency. And never charge the battery for more then 8 hours.

You either live with the battery draining or get the VerC Electra06/MR/VS board from scenario dreams. It should fix the problem as well as giving you a whole lot of options and modes not available on the stock board."

tweak
11-24-2006, 01:13 PM
does it drain it at the same rate as if it was on ..... ?

SharpObjects
11-24-2006, 03:43 PM
I believe it will drain faster on. Maybe 24 or so hours if you leave it on all day. It wouldn't be a good idea to leave it on all day anyway.

You shouldn't have to worry about it going out during a game as long as it has been charged and not left in the marker. I was worried about it when I got it, but there isn't any need to be. It's just a little annoying taking out the battery after charging.

DRAGON
11-24-2006, 03:56 PM
.........like i would charge it for 1 day or more........

So essentially you charge it for 4 or 5 times the recommended charging time and fry the battery and you're wondering why it doesn't hold a charge. Is that what you're asking? -

wylde01
11-26-2006, 11:20 AM
so does that new board actually fix the battery draining prob?