PDA

View Full Version : looky what I'm getting :D

druid
11-24-2006, 10:07 AM
It's one of the first markers I ever used!!! I got one Helluva deal on it and this pic is from the person I'm getting it from. Once it's here I'll take more and then I'll take some after it gets acquainted with Mr. Tarnex.
...MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Its a PMI 68 Magnum. The stamps on it say Sheridan Product Racine WI 53403. Also says MFG for Pursuit marketing INC Northbrook IL 60062. It has PMI (old style and school) original grips, modified with newer brass feed neck, and a velocity adjustor was added (so you don't have to change springs).
This was one of the first markers I ever shot and it will be here in about a week!!! I r teh giddeeeeeee!!!

This \/ is a thumbnail. Click it to enlarge it.

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/4522/druidbabyqb8.th.jpg (http://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=druidbabyqb8.jpg)

Sandman_Bravo
11-24-2006, 10:10 AM
congrats.

Ace24
11-24-2006, 10:29 AM
Wow. Now thats an antique! When you get it, lets see a video of it! I want to see how the artifact fires. It looks experienced as well haha.

I've seen those floating around, never thought to invest in one because of how old they are... if it broke idk where I would get parts.

Lol, put a q-loader, and run a remote off of it. :evil: jk lol.

DRAGON
11-24-2006, 10:34 AM
That's the same as the first marker I ever owned that I bought in 1987 <3

Mine had a delrin pump(makes it a much lighter marker) but the same aftermarket grips and a silencer which BTW was legal for paintball markers way back when -

If you want to fix it up you can either polish the brass or the brass accepts paint much better than aluminum ever did. The only real bad thing about them is it's a real bear to remove the valve. They have a special lead o-ring that holds the valve in. You need a special tool that mashes the o-ring to the bottom tube to hold the valve in place. Nice catch and a part of paintball history from the late 80's -

Ace: if he needed parts he would have to get them from Sheridan in Wisconsin which is around the Chicago area. I'm not sure if they exist any more. They were a BB gun manufacturer -

durrell
11-24-2006, 11:03 AM
Wow. That's a keeper.

kidonfire
11-24-2006, 12:54 PM
Ha, that's awesome. I want one.

druid
11-24-2006, 02:05 PM
Wow. Now thats an antique!
Technically a "Classic" which is 20+ years old. An antique would be 50+:D but all kidding aside, yes, she's a diamond in the rough and a beauty awaiting her reincarnation.

When you get it, lets see a video of it! I want to see how the artifact fires. It looks experienced as well haha.
Can-do if I get a video camera. I wanna get one of those self-contained helmet cams at income tax time but if not one of them, a digicam that I can link to the computer.
I've seen those floating around, never thought to invest in one because of how old they are... if it broke idk where I would get parts.
Palmer Persuit Shop should be able to take care of anything I need...plus the scenario field I go to has a ton of spare parts from all the old guns they used as rentals...including this one (it's where I got my Traccer rebuilt:D ).
Lol, put a q-loader, and run a remote off of it. jk lol.
You laugh and say "jk" but I might just try the QLoader :devil: since I have one for the scenario build M98 (in the works)...but I have 10 rd speed tubes coming and already have a 12 g changer so I can play as it was intended to be played with (even though there's a CA adapter on it for larger bottles).

That's the same as the first marker I ever owned that I bought in 1987 <3
Me too, isn't it great? remember the "shop goggles?" God, I hated those....lol...
Mine had a delrin pump(makes it a much lighter marker) but the same aftermarket grips and a silencer which BTW was legal for paintball markers way back when -
See, now I'm the opposite. "Heavier" doesn't bother me and actually, I tend to like better than "lighter." Since the 'silencer' should be Grandfathered in...I may have to 'find' one to keep it's "authenticity" intact...muhahahahahaha :D ...
If you want to fix it up you can either polish the brass (my plans exactly) or the brass accepts paint much better than aluminum ever did (nope, not happening). The only real bad thing about them is it's a real bear to remove the valve. They have a special lead o-ring that holds the valve in. You need a special tool that mashes the o-ring to the bottom tube to hold the valve in place. Hrm...Palmers may have one...or Doc's Machine. I shall inquire about the tool and that particular Oring. Thanks for the head's-up.
Nice catch and a part of paintball history from the late 80's -
Thanks. As soon as I saw it, I got this sudden rush of (sappy) sentimental feelings from when I played back then. The plus is the fact it still fires well and is already chronoed to 270 on CO2 (which I will double check before I play a game with it).
Ace: if he needed parts he would have to get them from Sheridan in Wisconsin which is around the Chicago area. I'm not sure if they exist any more. They were a BB gun manufacturer -

Palmers Persuit should also be able to tech it for me since they specialize in the "old-time" markers. If not, I'll hit up Doc's Machine and mail it off to Alaska if need be. I think I want to keep it as original as possible because I want to be able to show it off like the prize that it is. I remember this marker being dead-on accurate like the 007s were and I'm already sketching out a leather drop-leg holster for it. Since it's going to have the 12g and speed tubes, I should be gold...

Theheroguy
11-24-2006, 06:02 PM
nice

I hate the yellow it hurts my eyes

splater18
11-24-2006, 06:03 PM
nice

me too but nice old classic

bamf-hacker
11-24-2006, 06:04 PM
Sweet Druid....

Did you get a new camera so you can get good pics?

vwjimmy
11-24-2006, 06:12 PM
Nice Druid!!!!
It looks like it could be at your side at work! ;)

druid
11-24-2006, 06:24 PM
Sweet Druid....

Did you get a new camera so you can get good pics?
NO -.- ....same old camera but I will go outside and take pics in the sun. It seems outside shots are better than inside because the lighting in here is terrible.
Nice Druid!!!!
It looks like it could be at your side at work! ;)

I know where I can get my hands on pepperball :D ...let's just hope I don't forget to take it out of the hopper :evil:

ooglieboogliebob
11-24-2006, 07:32 PM
nice

Only reason is because you probably have it on default settings (background)

Anyway Druid nice gun. Sand and polish the gun and the nice goldish color will arise. Was going to do it with my PGP but I lost interest, then sold it.

You do need a special tool to take the valve out, but Paul ... you should be able to make your own tool, I did. Though my way never was the greatest way.

Note: Never tighten it more than a hand tight if that .... Might strip/fray the threading.

Besides that, i love it. Maybe a 12g changer if you can find one.

bomberpilot07
11-24-2006, 07:42 PM
Note: Never tighten it more than a hand tight if that .... Might strip/fray the threading.

dont forget that hes that big bad dood :dodgy:...not hand tight for him :p... pinky finger tight at most lol!:lol:

looks good paul, ive always wanted to pick one of those up.

ooglieboogliebob
11-24-2006, 08:15 PM
haha !!! your right ... since tim had to take the reg off the sonix with vice grips ... when paul just hand tightened it :p

Ace24
11-24-2006, 10:12 PM
Good luck with the leather side harness. (build one like the one Han Solo (Harrison Ford) has in StarWars. The kind that harnesses to your thigh and comes up into a belt around your waist with ammo slings on it. It would be usefull for those 12g and some pods maybe? Just an idea that would be origonal/sick looking)

On the note of the pepper balls... be careful lol. I would hate to be on the field if you forgot to take them out.

druid
11-25-2006, 12:46 AM
Only reason is because you probably have it on default settings (background)

I'm using the Black background with red accents called "Darkside" Yellow looks good...

Anyway Druid nice gun. Sand and polish the gun and the nice goldish color will arise.
thanks...liquid tarnish remover + Paste polish > sanding anything but thanks.
You do need a special tool to take the valve out, but Paul ... you should be able to make your own tool, I did. Though my way never was the greatest way.
I'll wait for the proper tool...I don't wanna "douglas" any of my markers -.-
then I r in trouble......lol
Maybe a 12g changer if you can find one.
I have one
dont forget that hes that big bad dood :dodgy:...not hand tight for him :p... pinky finger tight at most lol!:lol:
I love my Wheaties!

haha !!! your right ... since tim had to take the reg off the sonix with vice grips ... when paul just hand tightened it :p

Tim's weaaaaaaaak.....lol. Didjya see the reg after he got it out? Looked like he dropped it down a canyon wall...with his camera -.-

Good luck with the leather side harness. (build one like the one Han Solo (Harrison Ford) has in StarWars. The kind that harnesses to your thigh and comes up into a belt around your waist with ammo slings on it. It would be usefull for those 12g and some pods maybe? Just an idea that would be origonal/sick looking)
That's kinda what I was going for. It will have loops for 12g/stick feeds.
On the note of the pepper balls... be careful lol. I would hate to be on the field if you forgot to take them out.

Sauce for the Goose for the wipers I encounter :D

bigred76
11-26-2006, 03:01 PM
Tim's weaaaaaaaak.....lol. Didjya see the reg after he got it out? Looked like he dropped it down a canyon wall...with his camera -.-

Mebbe I did. :dodgy: I'm not weak, you're just a big arse POS. :D

Nice gun, was actually looking at one of them myself a couple days ago, they're pretty sick!

druid
11-26-2006, 05:03 PM
Mebbe I did.
:dodgy: I'm not weak, you're just a big arse POS. :D
LMAO! Admit it...you are weaker than you thought...honestly...vicegrips......BWAHAHAHAHAHAH A!!! j/k
Nice gun, was actually looking at one of them myself a couple days ago, they're pretty sick!

yes they are and for the price I got it at...I couldn't pass it up. Now...all I need is 2 12 Gauge shell-belts and I'm set...one for 12grams and one for tubes....MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! (j/k...relax.......)

bigred76
11-26-2006, 05:19 PM
Actually, 'twas an actual vice. I couldn't get a good enough grip with vice grips. That's what I get from lubing the marker before messing with that reg...

Ace24
11-26-2006, 09:05 PM
Mebbe I did. :dodgy: I'm not weak, you're just a big arse POS. :D

My friend cant unscrew a stock ION feedneck... your not alone.

Lmao.

Druid... what do those things shoot like? What kind of range do they get?

druid
11-27-2006, 12:13 AM
Ace...think of it as a really heavy Phantom, Traccer or Maverick...but the pump arm is more like a shotgun's and thus, more natural to operate than an "around-the-barrel" pump arm. The only problem I had was the heel of my hand hitting the trigger guard.
Some actions were very stiff and some were not. I remember back when I played alongside the dinasaurs...that if you got a 'good' one, the pump action was slick as butter and if not, it felt like someone let honey get gummed up in there.
It's hard to remember back 20 years but if memory serves, the velocity was pretty much "set" at whatever the CO2 and valve spring/hammer pack allowed. Shortly after their initial debut, a velocity adjuster was made available...which was nice because without it, the paint came whipping at you like a stone from a slingshot. There was no such thing as "chrono stations" and we wore your standard high school "shop glasses" for protection. That was also at a time when you needed Turpentine to get the paint stains out of your clothes because it was oil-based. :D

Otter...Dragon...vike or Dre.....some other old-head in here - correct me if I'm wrong but what would you say the average fps of a non-velocity adjusted Magnum was?....320.....350 fps at the muzzle? It's been so long.....lol. Range...well, not much different than todays markers because the paint shells were thicker and so was the fill. That made them heavier...and hurt more at close ranges. But then again, that was when I was 16....so many moons ago...