PDA

View Full Version : Electra with eyes or VS3

tweak
11-22-2006, 01:17 PM
Ok, i just recently broke my imagine after having it sence it first came out. Im now looking into getting a new spyder. I have been looking at the Electra with eyes and the vs3. I really like the rocking trigger. But im not fully sure which gun is better. So i would appreciate it if some one can help me out. Also what specific upgrades should i look into besides a barrel and a hopper. Oh and what is a good nitro tank/ pressure like is 68/4500 good for both guns. Im not fimiliar with nitro tanks so the help i will apreciate.

thanks

JMotioN
11-22-2006, 01:37 PM
well i would get the VS3 since its brand new and will have more support and its just cheaper than the Electra with eyes. i dont think youl need much, u might want a new feedneck,grips, and maybe a new board for it. and if you play back id get a 68/4500 but if you play mid-front or front id def get a 45/45 bc 68 is heavy.

08Lud08
11-22-2006, 03:12 PM
You should get a vs2 or vs3 and for a Hpa tank I would recommend a 70/4500 stubby tank. For a hopper I would recommend a halo b, other upgrades you could get is a barrel, feedneck, grips, Board, Frontblock and regulator. Basically you can upgrade everything except for the internals so far the vs series but I would highly recommend them over the Electra.

Theheroguy
11-22-2006, 03:23 PM
:yeahthat: x2

Hob Hayward
11-22-2006, 05:24 PM
I'd go with a vs2/3 because they outperform the electra significantly. A 68/4500 tank is a good choice. As to a hopper, if you've got the cash, the Pulse Loader is ILL. If not, the Vlocity is the best for the price, though an Eggy would do just fine too.

kidonfire
11-24-2006, 12:26 PM
I would say get the VS3. It's already LP and I think it looks better.

tweak
11-24-2006, 02:38 PM
three last questions and i will be able to purchase my new gun. Ok, one does the vs3 have the same battery draining problem as the electra with eye, and is it quick an easy to turn each gun on an off during gameplay to save battery life and finally does the velocity on both only changeable by alan wrench ?

Oscum Guy
11-24-2006, 02:45 PM
yes the velocity is only changeable by allen wrench on both. you can get a thumb adjuster for the electra but not the vs3. the vs3 series has improved battery life (90% sure). and the electra has a switch that turns it off but the vs3 has a button that needs to be held for 3seconds. both have an electric safety, the vs3 electric safety needs to be held for 1 second but the electra just needs to be preesed. the electra is also more easily feild stripped or taken apart. i havent shot a vs3 ever but i really like electras.

08Lud08
11-24-2006, 03:36 PM
How is the vs3 harder to strip. Its made almost exactly the same way.