PDA

View Full Version : Viewloader Vlocity Voltage

The Booth Man
11-20-2006, 08:33 PM
Does anyone know the operating voltage of the Vlocity?

I know it runs off of 2 9v batteries, so I'm curious whether it operates at 9v or 18v or somewhere in between.

I have a project I am working on that will work if it operates at 9v

vwjimmy
11-21-2006, 04:40 AM
I am pretty sure it runs on 12V like the Revvy....but I can telll you that it will not run on 9V for sure...
Welcome to the forums!!! :)

The Booth Man
11-21-2006, 09:04 AM
Thanks, I've been browsing around them for a while and finally decided to contribute a little.

I just looked at the owners manual and saw that it operates at 18v.

Bytheway it is a very fast hopper. I'm really impressed.

I found a spare 9v 5400mAH DVD Battery and got an idea....

If I had the right wiring, I could make a remote line from the battery to my hopper and have an almost limitless supply of energy.

pt_22
11-21-2006, 10:39 AM
well firstly you would need two of these batteries to obtain the 18v...

Then im assuming they are a little heavy, so you would need somewhere that you can put them on yourself..

The wiring will be the hardest bit, because guranteed you will pull and tug on the wire at various times so it will need to be secured well at both ends otherwise you will just rip it off...

Also, to have any wire/remote line in speedball is going to slow you down. So it's not worth it. And if your playing bushball then you won't ever need to fire at over 5 bps anyway so just get a gravity hopper with no batteries...

I don't want to ruin your project, im just being realistic about the practical side of it... Im sure if you've thought of this and were confident about making the setup you have the will and means to do some impressive upgrades to your gears..

The more practical it is, the more other people will want one.

vwjimmy
11-21-2006, 11:21 AM
He could attach the battery to his tank, run the wires under the grips and come out smelling sweet if he wanted....

The Booth Man
11-21-2006, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the feedback!

I plan on using this for a woodsball setup.:

Spyder MR2
Vlocity Loader
Spec Ops Dagger Vest
Remote Line

You get the picture. I don't "need" to shoot more than 5 bps, but I like having it there when I want it.

I'm still in the planning/conceptual stage right now so it will be a couple of months before I have a working prototype.

Rather than the DVD Battery, I'm now looking at using an 18v battery. I've only found them in Cordless Drills, so I will need to do some more research.

TheRedBarron
11-21-2006, 03:49 PM
Vlocity on MR2 might be overkill.

The Booth Man
11-21-2006, 07:55 PM
Yes it is a bit overkill, but I got it for a really good deal.

I just talked to a friend of mine, who knows alot about electrical circutry--

To keep the weight and size down, he suggested I connect a series of batteries to get the desired capacity.

There are coiled wires that I could use to withstand some of the wear and tear mentioned above.

So this leads to a couple of questions:

1. How long do batteries last in the Vlocity?
-Alkaline?
-Rechargeables?

2. What are the best rechargeables out there?

thechubbss12
11-22-2006, 05:06 AM
Nickle Hydride batteries are the best rechargeable IMO...

Just a thought though... what were to happen if say you ran your velocity on 2 kingman rechargeables (9.6V)... Seeing as hopper will run fine on lower then the stated Voltage... i wounder if 1 more volt would destroy the electronics...?

vwjimmy
11-22-2006, 06:45 AM
I have run mine on 2 9.6 Javas since I got it without problems......

The Booth Man
11-22-2006, 07:23 AM
I have run mine on 2 9.6 Javas since I got it without problems......

It even states in the owners manual that you can use 9.6 rechargeables

By the way, how long do they last before the hopper slows down?

08Lud08
11-22-2006, 11:14 AM
it wont matter because it would only slow it down very little.

The Booth Man
11-22-2006, 07:53 PM
Sorry, what I meant to ask is:

How many rounds can the Vlocity go through before the batteries die?