PDA

View Full Version : VS 2 piece barrel

QuiGonKen
11-19-2006, 09:28 PM
hi im in the market for a barrel for my mr2....i was thinkin lapco Bigshot...

but then i noticed the VS 2piece barrel...(http://www.paintballexpress.com/get_item_brkvs_kingman-vs-series-14-2-piece-paintball-barrel.htm)

i often hear good things about 2 piece barrels.....

i was wondering has neone used this? i tried pbreview..couldnt find it...

its the same price as the bigshot...(in canada) so im wonderin if i should get it....

thanks!

-QGK

Foxfire
11-20-2006, 05:05 AM
I think that the VS2 barrel is the same as the Electra barrel, I had an Electra and loved the aero-twist barrel until I chopped a ball. It was very accurate until a ball got chopped, after that my accuracy went out the window and couldn't hit a thing.

Team Ramrod
11-20-2006, 12:12 PM
get the Bigshot, lapco has great quality barrels and the VS barrel is just a stock barrel from the VS line of markers. The Bigshot should outperform the VS with proper bore matching, but the bigshot is a larger bore so you shouldn't have any sized paint breaking.

pbgeek09
11-21-2006, 01:25 PM
hi im in the market for a barrel for my mr2....i was thinkin lapco Bigshot...

but then i noticed the VS 2piece barrel...(http://www.paintballexpress.com/get_item_brkvs_kingman-vs-series-14-2-piece-paintball-barrel.htm)

i often hear good things about 2 piece barrels.....

i was wondering has neone used this? i tried pbreview..couldnt find it...

its the same price as the bigshot...(in canada) so im wonderin if i should get it....

thanks!

-QGK

I would say the bigshot should be way better... remember if your buying the two piece barrel.. your really just buying another marker's stock barrel (stock barrels aren't usually too good either..)

Hob Hayward
11-21-2006, 01:44 PM
Well obviously it can't be that bad... Otherwise it wouldn't cost 40$.
I;m going to bet its significantly higher quality than normal spyder barrels.

bigred76
11-21-2006, 04:59 PM
Hob... I beg to differ. The price of a barrel does not decide it's accuracy, its accuracy in practice does. ;)

I'd go with a Bigshot, CP One Piece, or a Progressive or the like. Something cheap and simple.

Hob Hayward
11-21-2006, 05:19 PM
Yeah, I know, but assuming they're not just ripping people off, it should be at least pretty good..

QuiGonKen
11-22-2006, 09:55 AM
ok..hmm...

so what about the J&J or the Bigshot? their relatively teh same price near me..so ..which one would be better?

Hob Hayward
11-22-2006, 10:46 AM
J&J's are good, bigshot too, whichever one you like the looks of more.

JMotioN
11-22-2006, 02:40 PM
idk kingman has a galaxy barrel too out (actionvillage) its weird. they dont have anything on Kingman barrels on pbreview. but i had a JJ and id say its a nice barrel, but id get a UL barrel if anything or a freak.

08Lud08
11-22-2006, 04:07 PM
Get a J&J or the bigshot or CP 1 piece or any other barrel but I wouldn't recommend the kingman barrel because it probably has an enormous bore.