PDA

View Full Version : T-Board + Rocking trigger frame = Recocking issues...

The.Yield
11-19-2006, 07:10 PM
Hello there all, long time Spyder fan, first time poster.

Here is my problem. I have a very customized Spyder that has Rocking Trigger Frame 2.0 with a T-board on a 06 Xtra Body (DH Striker, spring kit, shim kit, ACS bolt, 32 Degree's high flow valve, Palmer's Stabilizer, Trinity high flow air block).

Well I had a chance to put some air through it today and it WOULD NOT recock.

It seemed like everything was in order as far as my striker, bolt, spring, valve setup. I had my pressures up to 550psi (on a very good LP setup) and I could feel the sheer violence of the action at those higher pressures (major kick, it was definately throwing back far enough, best I could tell). But the thing wouldn't recock and hold.

The one thing I didn't test were the dwell settings. I think the highest I had to set to was 5 or so. Would higher settings do anything to help me?

I am completely stumped by this.

kidonfire
11-19-2006, 07:32 PM
Well, if you know that your recocking back far enough then it is probably your sear. check and make sure its not rounded.

The.Yield
11-20-2006, 07:18 PM
No, def is square and razor sharp. Just ran some air through it again, nothing. Scared to use higher dwell settings for fear of hurting the solenoid.

Anyone with a T-board had this happen before?

08Lud08
11-21-2006, 02:04 PM
actually thats happening to me as soon as I put my t-board on it.. The gun shot perfect for 6 shots and then started jackhammering. Its not the sear or striker because it still works on my other gun.

The.Yield
11-21-2006, 03:47 PM
actually thats happening to me as soon as I put my t-board on it.. The gun shot perfect for 6 shots and then started jackhammering. Its not the sear or striker because it still works on my other gun.

Ya see, not just me lol. I wonder if it's the dwell...

08Lud08
11-22-2006, 11:42 AM
well I dont have a rocking trigger but I just noticed that the cause of my problem was that my gun was getting alot of bounce because I took out the trigger spring and the kick from the gun kept the gun shooting as fast as it could.