PDA

View Full Version : pros and cons on vs3?

wylde01
11-19-2006, 11:26 AM
im sorry if this is somewhere already(didnt take much time to look). im looking at getting a vs3 and would like to know the pros and cons. thanks for the help!

invisibledrummer
11-19-2006, 05:18 PM
I dont know too much about this marker but i know a little. so here it goes:
the VS3 comes with the rocking trigger frame which is liked and disliked by many, its basically personal preferance. both the VS2 and VS3 come stock at low pressure, around about 250 psi so you can get more shots on one fill of co2 or HPA/Nitro. the VS2 and VS3 also have body kits for aftermarket purchase. these basically change the color of some of the parts on the marker to either Red, Yellow, Blue, or Green. the body kit comes with these parts in the chosen color: foregrip riser, feed neck clamp, low pressure chamber, metal eye covers and striker plug. you can also buy a barrel tip in a different color, same colors as mentioned above. this marker is capable of shooting at 30 bps, although you will never get there, and it has 2 modes of fire which are semi auto and burst. the vs series markers come with the anti chop eyes, which greatly decrease if not prevent the amount of ball chops, unfortunately the eyes are only available in semi auto mode. for a very in depth review on the vs2 and vs3 look here http://www.ottersccustoms.com/vs-review.html

CareBear-Killer
11-19-2006, 08:12 PM
pro, low pressure. per kingman operational at 200psi. --I've never had a chance to play a game with it at 200psi due to a broken foot. Another pro is that they are pretty light. right about 2lbs. Another pro, uses same threads and other spyders for barrels. Pro, it comes with an on/off and a regulator. (its built in to the on/off.

Con: For the VS3 markers, there is a shroud or peice of the body that comes out over the top of the barrel. So only 'slim' barrels will fit... Although you can grind or sand down the back end of other barrels so that they fit. This only affects the vs3 and not the vs2.

Con: Pretty new, so there is not a huge amount of aftermarket upgrades made specifically for the VS series. (However there are parts out there that will fit, the kingman color kits, 14" barrel kits, new front blocks, and you are able to mount a standard drop on to the marker.)

Otters review is definitly "required" reading. That man went more indepth about the marker than anyone else. Very solid review.

Personally, I really like this marker, and think its one of the best Spyder markers to date. For fun, I'm also considering the idea of buying a VS2, just so I can have both.

nickspyder13
11-20-2006, 12:39 PM
i got a vs3 last week and so far its nothing but good things i give it a 10 out of 10 but make sure to keep your eyes on if there off you'll get the rocker trigger going to fast and chop balls

wylde01
11-20-2006, 02:30 PM
thanks for the infom guys. one more question though. have you guys had any problems with the feednecks yet? and what hopper are you using with the marker?

CareBear-Killer
11-20-2006, 04:58 PM
My VS3 was used for the first time Saturday. I loaned my gear to a buddy while im out of commission. What I hear is that the guy using it loved it, wouldn't let anyone else use it, and it worked great. No one that was out with my friends saturday reported any issues, let alone issues with the feed neck.

Personally I think the feed neck is pretty good for stock. It puts a pretty tight grip on the neck of the loaders, so I would assume they don't move around or randomly fall off. Even then, if you don't like it, you can get an impulse threaded feed neck of your choice.

Church
12-10-2006, 12:46 PM
late post but oh well. con, watch ure eye wires. they are really lite material and can snap, pull or get cut VERY quickly. also ure trig spring, watch this as well. it may fall out if you take ure trig off for cleaning. con, bolt is alittle slow but if you up it and u'll be fine (if ure really that fast). pro, lite gun. con, shots are affected ALOT if there is ANY wind at all. pro, simple design for cleaning and such. con (at least for me) feedneck wont screw down all the way some times, you might have to "toy" with it when you are puting your hopper on. pro, small gun compared to other guns. (hualin arse on those starts) con, DO NOT EVER USE Co2 on Your VS2 or VS3 for more than 1-2 games! (i used co2 for 7 hours :'( ) doing that will most likely mess ure marker up BIG time. hope this was helpful. there are alot more pros to the VS Markers but there are to many to really type up. :)

OOB
12-10-2006, 01:38 PM
con, shots are affected ALOT if there is ANY wind at all.

This would be a con for any gun in general.

bigred76
12-10-2006, 04:37 PM
Chruch, those cons are taken for granted as ANY higher-end marker is like that. Con with the VS2 I have noticed is the board programming. T-Board will recitify that issue, but that costs $40...

jledesma
12-12-2006, 10:56 AM
Big CON, the ball detents don't last, went thru 2 sets in 3 separate times marker was used! I had more negative issues w/ this marker out of the box than with any others previously owned. The Electronic trigger on/off cover fell off the first day. Kingman would not replace it even though it was my first day using the marker. They said I don't really need it since it is not really needed??? Feedneck sucks, loader was hard to clamp onto. Some loaders wont sit further down into the feedneck when you twist to lock it on. Sswitched to a Reloader B and it fit better on the feedneck. Barrel threads won't fit alot of barrels due to the forward protrusion of the frame above the threads. Not worth grinding down back of barrels. The gauge by the forward grip did not last, needle stuck at 220 psi. Maybe I got the one bad apple out of the bunch.
I do like that rocking trigger frame though!!

*EM1-Master*
12-12-2006, 11:24 AM
Church, CO2 is fine to use on the VS2/3 for any period of time. It's a sheerly mechanical gun... There's no pneumatic solenoid to freeze or anything. Moving parts are spring-driven... CO2 is fine.

CareBear-Killer
12-12-2006, 08:58 PM
Keep in mind that Kingman highly advises that CO2 not be used...

so.. any damage that may be caused by co2 will not be replaceable under warranty.

sixpackdragon
12-26-2006, 10:50 AM
[QUOTE=CareBear-Killer]right about 2lbs.

for the record...its 5lbs...

clickclicksplat
12-26-2006, 11:07 AM
I haven't actually shot my VS2 yet, but so far my only compalint is that my eggy wiggles a bit in the feedneck... nothing a little duct tape won't help though.

Reedoc
12-30-2006, 11:32 AM
If anyone read my previous post you know that I started out with my VS3 being....well not too great. However, after getting it all fixed up and getting some compressed air....wow. Shoots like a dream (not just saying that to sound cool, im still a noob).

My only con....is i worry if ill be able to use it at some fields.

woodsballin4life
12-30-2006, 12:12 PM
I haven't actually shot my VS2 yet, but so far my only compalint is that my eggy wiggles a bit in the feedneck... nothing a little duct tape won't help though.

haha yea i got a egg 3 dont worry bout it..keep twisting the clamp feed..no matter wat it feels like.unt till u physically cant twist it anymore..this shuld make it plenty tight and it wont wiggle at all.

wylde01
12-30-2006, 06:22 PM
hey reedoc what hopper are you using on your vs3 and does it fit good?

Reedoc
12-31-2006, 11:26 AM
Im using a Halo B with Rip Drive. At first it's way too big to fit, but after you take some sandpaper and grind down the neck it starts to fit. The compression ring really helps keep it in place. It's really fast and there's always a ball ready when i pull the ....half trigger thingy. But yea, if you dont mind grinding down a little bit.....and you dont mind some size/weight....you'll be happy.

sixpackdragon
01-07-2007, 03:39 PM
My only con....is i worry if ill be able to use it at some fields.

You should be able to use it on any recreational field, however full auto markers are now illegal at least at the paintball course I go to... They have to "jump" e-markers because of liability and fairness to other players who are stuck with non-electronic semi automatic guns. For tournaments it is up to the fields descretion; some allow it some don't because the vs3 rocking trigger is believed to have "two contact points."

:p

clickclicksplat
01-07-2007, 03:53 PM
to other players who are stuck with non-electronic semi automatic guns. For tournaments it is up to the fields descretion; some allow it some don't because the vs3 rocking trigger is believed to have "two contact points."

:p

It's still only one shot per trigger pull though, I think thta makes it legal. could be wrong though