PDA

View Full Version : Help Identifying my Xtras

Cabroncito
11-18-2006, 08:50 AM
So this is kind of weird, I bought 2 used Xtras recently. Both are cobalt blue and stock, but there are differences between them. The writting on the trigger frame is in a different font AND one of them (i think the older one) has two holes in the expansion chamber. I think it was to put screws in?? Anyways, I was wondering if you guys could help me identify the years for these. I was told one of them was only 6 months old, but am unsure. I will try to get pics up soon.

ooglieboogliebob
11-18-2006, 11:49 AM
Will confirm after pics. Im assuming the one with the "two holes" is the newer version. The expansion chamber and VA turned weird as the models went on. Not sure why they did it that way.

Oscum Guy
11-23-2006, 05:45 PM
So this is kind of weird, I bought 2 used Xtras recently. Both are cobalt blue and stock, but there are differences between them. The writting on the trigger frame is in a different font AND one of them (i think the older one) has two holes in the expansion chamber. I think it was to put screws in?? Anyways, I was wondering if you guys could help me identify the years for these. I was told one of them was only 6 months old, but am unsure. I will try to get pics up soon.
my brother has and old xtra and it has two holes in the expansion chamber and it does have different writing than my electra so id say the one like my brothers is the older of the 2. i am also sure it is the old style because there is an new style xtra and it is much different. my bros is light blue.

Cabroncito
11-26-2006, 07:34 PM
Thx Oscum, that helps clear things up. Sorry for the delay in the pics... technical difficulties