PDA

View Full Version : Problem with 05 electra

bracer028
11-15-2006, 05:47 PM
I have a problem with low pressure. Any help?

I have problems cocking my gun. When it's uncocked, air goes up through barrel and when i cock and shoot, it doesn't cock back, and makes a sputtering.

kidonfire
11-15-2006, 07:11 PM
I have a problem with low pressure. Any help?

I have problems cocking my gun. When it's uncocked, air goes up through barrel and when i cock and shoot, it doesn't cock back, and makes a sputtering.

It may be because you have a bad cup seal or that the striker is pressing so hard on the valve pin that it is not letting the cup seal get a good seal. for the sputtering, check the striker o-ring to make sure there are no cracks. check the valve to make sure you have the large hole facing the front. Also check your trigger sear. If it is rounded you might have to replace it.

bracer028
11-15-2006, 07:57 PM
what is the trigger sear...

i figured out the uncock leak...it was because my valve spring was too weak.

it seems weird though...i can't get my psi low...i have to nearly max my regulator just to attempt to shoot.

is it because i'm missing a front block and the bolt?

MVS1
11-15-2006, 08:22 PM
Are you using the stock regulator? If so that maybe what is causing the stuttering. It doesn't recover very well and the combination of the stock reg and lpc doesn't produce enough volume and flow to support sub 400psi operation. What pressure are you trying to run at?
An electra that I converted to LP would not operate properly below 400psi with the stock regulator. 15* assault block and torpedo reg fixed the problem.
If you don't have a spring kit, you'll need to get one, recommend 32 degrees spring kit. Rule of thumb tends to be Heavy vavle and medium to light main (main spring to use will be determined by which one gets your fps to the right level, 270-280 fps). If you are running the stock main spring that is most likely pushing your striker against the valve pin too hard and causing air leaking past the cup seal (less air pressure on the input side of the cupseal do to lower operating pressure). Another thing to do is mod your v/a if it is the stock one, that will help with flow. Best fix if you have about $100 to throw at it is 15* assault block and a new reg, used parts will save you $$$. If you want the cheap route, a new LPC (shocktech makes a good one for around $10), drill your v/a (do a thread search or go to OtterSC's web site for how to's) and if this still doesn't get ya there then pick up a better reg (Bob Long torpedo, evil detentator or Palmer Stabilizer<best for use with Co2). LP takes a lot of experimenting (tuning) to get right. One of the cheapest set ups I did on an 06 Electra was; Mod'd v/a, LPC, expansion chamber (off of an 05 pilot) and a bottomline reg. Heavy valve spring and light main spring produced 275+/-5 fps @ ~275psi. All used parts with a build total of $38.

When you first air up an LP mod'd mark it is not uncommon to get some minor air leaking past the cupseal, however it should stop once you cock it and/or dry fire it once or twice. Good luck :D

MVS1
11-15-2006, 08:35 PM
Oh yeah, and if that wasn't enough your valve should be mod'd for higher flow or replaced with an after market one, Bandit Bolts makes an awesome valve for around $20, New Design has a really good valve/valve pin set up and and if you want to pony up a couple of more bucks Madman's Rocket Valve is a good choice as well. Again, good luck and welcome to the LP club.

bracer028
11-15-2006, 09:14 PM
ok this is what i used today

eveyrthing is stock except

i have a
cp reg
ndz valve
and a light valve spring
light main spring
48/3000

is this causing the problem?

also

my macrofitting can't screw all the way into the drop forward and is causing minor leaks. I used telflon tape, but its still leaking...any help?

i ordered the trinity block as well as an orange wasp bolt...would these help the LP system?

08Lud08
11-16-2006, 05:15 AM
you need a macro fitting adapter to use it with the stock asa. Maybe the leak is causing it to sputter because its not getting enough air.

bracer028
11-16-2006, 09:06 AM
i think i'll just have to get a metric one for the stock drop forward and the fraction one for the cp reg.

thanks

MVS1
11-16-2006, 09:10 AM
you need a macro fitting adapter to use it with the stock asa. Maybe the leak is causing it to sputter because its not getting enough air. You need a US to metric adapter. Take your marker to the local hardware store and match up what you want, straight or 90*.

Nenkitsune
11-16-2006, 09:54 AM
i've got a questin. why is it that sometimes you need a stronger valve spring, and weaker main spring, to yeild higher fps?

MVS1
11-16-2006, 10:30 AM
actually a weaker/softer main spring will lower your fps (as long as your operating pressure and velcotiy adjuster remains unchanged)...the heavy valve spring is sometimes needed to make sure your cupseal is seated firm enough to keep air from leaking past.

bracer028
11-16-2006, 11:58 AM
should i put the gun together when i have all the parts or should i just put it together now

i got a reg and a valve and spring kit

not enough huh?

i'm kinda worried that i can't get my operating pressure below 500...my cp reg's maximum limit is 500

Hob Hayward
11-16-2006, 12:49 PM
Its the Vertical Adapter. Its prettymuch bottlenecking the flow of air. Once you get the trinity block install that, and you should be much better off.

bracer028
11-16-2006, 01:53 PM
glad to hear this....i was really worried i can't get my gun any lower.

just a question, do you guys teflon tape every screw?

i've been using tape on the regulator screw, the gauge screws and all sorts of screws

Hob Hayward
11-16-2006, 02:16 PM
You can teflon tape or not, your call. I don't teflon somthing unless it leaks. Other people teflon everything holding a seal no matter what. Not sure if it really helps to telflon things that arn't leaking.