PDA

View Full Version : New MR2

Picchi
11-15-2006, 06:30 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to this forum's members for helping make some choices on my MR2 Upgrades. I've been lurking for a bit and decided to purchase the MR2 MX4 Stock, Empire Reloader, Remote, 4500 PSI HPA bottle, BSA RedDot scope, J&J ceramic barrel, and the BT APEX barrel. Tomorrow will be the first day to test it all out on the field! I really do appreciate the reviews and pictures of some sweet MR2s. Thanks again.:)

bamf-hacker
11-15-2006, 06:47 PM
Welcome to the forums.

Glad the members have been so influential in your purchase.

Take some pics and show us your marker and have a great time tomorrow!

DRAGON
11-15-2006, 07:07 PM
Hey Picchi, good to see you can finally post. Again, welcome to the boards - ;)

Picchi
11-15-2006, 07:33 PM
Take some pics and show us your marker and have a great time tomorrow!

I'm going to try and take some short video and get some snapshots from that...I'm attempting to mount a mini-cam on the barrel to capture some actual woodsball shots!

Voodoo27909
11-15-2006, 10:08 PM
Welcome to the forums

Picchi
11-16-2006, 06:40 PM
I'm going to try and take some short video and get some snapshots from that...I'm attempting to mount a mini-cam on the barrel to capture some actual woodsball shots!

The mini-cam didn't perform so well since it was shot in the first round!:(
The MR2 performed very well and consistent with the HPA. I only played with the remote for 1 round because it started to leak air at the cut-off valve. I was losing pressure with each shot...once I put the bottle on the marker...I was in business. The Apex barrel was unreal! Until of course I had a barrel break and it was out of commission. It isn't the easist to clean on the field. I switched to the J&J and got back in the game. The Apex really does quite a distance and once you get that feel for it...you can hit some distant targets. The J&J was much more reliable and I can easily recover from a ball break with a quick squeegy. I had to rinse the Apex out with water and dry after the game. It didn't come with any instructions so I guessed at the middle position for being normal shooting...still not too sure. One more observation...the HPA and the Apex barrel really quieted down the marker.

pbgrandpa
11-17-2006, 04:18 AM
Welcome to the forums and congrats on your MR2. Sounds like a killer setup. Post up some pics--I wanna see.

Picchi
11-19-2006, 05:23 PM
My digital camera is jacked up so I had to take it with my Logitech...will get better picture soon.

Maxx-Damage
11-19-2006, 05:45 PM
yeah definatly need a better camera, but from the fuzzy pic it looks nice:)

Picchi
11-19-2006, 05:56 PM
trying to keep it within file size standards but here's another.

darth massacre
11-20-2006, 01:19 AM
Ooooh nicely wrapped in camo tape.

How do you find the height of the rail on the MR2? I needed a riser to get the scope up about 2 inches and even then I'm craning my head to the side to get a good view down the center of the red dot. This is with mask on of course.

bamf-hacker
11-20-2006, 06:22 AM
don't drop it in the woods! :)

Nice job with the camo tape.

Maxx-Damage
11-20-2006, 09:34 AM
nice, awesome job on the tape .:)

pbgrandpa
11-20-2006, 01:12 PM
Looks good. Nice job on the tape :)

DRAGON
11-20-2006, 04:05 PM
Ooooh nicely wrapped in camo tape.

Nice job with the camo tape.

nice, awesome job on the tape .:)

Looks good. Nice job on the tape :)

Um, nice job on........uh.....what they said -

Picchi
11-20-2006, 04:27 PM
I guess the tape was good! It is the only tape that comes right off and doesn't leave any residue. It forms to the gun (like medical tape). It's a quick solution to keep the sharp black lines on the marker from being seen in the woods. Thanks for all the compliments.

pbgrandpa
11-20-2006, 05:43 PM
Um, nice job on........uh.....what they said -Hey--we liked it

Picchi
11-20-2006, 06:26 PM
I figured out the remote leak today, come to find out (yes I'm new) once you hook the bottle up to the remote, if you turn the knob all the way in to start the air you are actually closing it off. So for everyone else that is new like me, turn the knob until you hear air then 1/4 turn and your good. No need to tighten all the way. As for the Apex barrel, it shoots pretty consistent (notch 3 or 4), but man once you bust a ball it's done.

The Booth Man
11-22-2006, 08:35 AM
As for the Apex barrel, it shoots pretty consistent (notch 3 or 4), but man once you bust a ball it's done.

I noticed that with mine as well. When that happens, I squeege from the tongue of the Apex towards the front, and then I usually use my finger to wipe out the excess paint on the tongue.

It's crude.

It's messy.

But it seems to work ok for me.

Jarhead
11-22-2006, 09:59 AM
I noticed that with mine as well. When that happens, I squeege from the tongue of the Apex towards the front, and then I usually use my finger to wipe out the excess paint on the tongue.

It's crude.

It's messy.

But it seems to work ok for me.

My solution was to carry a small water bottle with a nozzle in my belt instead of a extra air tank, So on the offhand chance of a break I squeegee the Apex then flood it with water, shake out excess water, then squeegee again. Worked great the only time I had to do it. Also crude but very effective.

Picchi
11-22-2006, 06:32 PM
Those sound like great ideas. Today when I busted a ball...I did a barrel swap right in the middle of the game! It worked. I have a spot for my spare barrel on my vest. Worked like a champ. After the game I can use those techniques.