PDA

View Full Version : ps3??

conradl
11-15-2006, 04:44 PM
Ok, well I just got back from bestbuy and they had the ps3 up for a demo.... Let me just say that this system is incredible, It completly surpassed my expectation for it. Before testing it I was saying its not worth the money... But After testing it I am seriously considering getting it and an HDTV.

so what do you guys think?

Discuss??

newkid
11-15-2006, 05:23 PM
the system is soo big though

conradl
11-15-2006, 05:35 PM
I dont think it is as big as The first xbox.

Sandman_Bravo
11-15-2006, 05:47 PM
The price is too big, I'm waiting until they drop. I don't think the titles are very numerous or great yet either.

claustrophobia9
11-15-2006, 06:19 PM
you shouldn't buy a ps3 for quite a few reasons.

1. sony hates developers.
-Bluray disks cost more than dvds
-sony's development kits cost $20000
-programming needs to be split over 7 DSP's and an 8th needs to be programmed to avoid redundancy (lamens terms... its a *****)
-output is 60fps (that means motion captures for charicter motion need to be more thorough and take more time to do)
-output is 1080p (that means you need far more polygons... in EVERYTHING... doubling the amount of work it used to take)
-online play isnt standard, so studios have to make their own... from scratch.

Sony is leaving massive tripping stones for their developers and doing NOTHING to help them out, in fact the $20000 development kit kicks the developers while they are down.

2. Sony hates you (but loves your money)
-They are hindering developers who make games for you and choose prices for games for you.
-They are "spicing up" the system with stuff you don't need. (dvd's are proven to hold plenty of game, they just want to sell a dvd player with it, bluetooth is cool... but you wont need it if you are in the same room as the TV, wireless is convinient for people who have it set up, but a pain for those who don't, and not a neccessity for those who prefer the more reliable WIRE)
-They are lying to you (see section 3 for details)
-They are cutting corners. (section 4)
-They removed dualshock and replaced it with SIXAXIS.... garbage.
-They are charging 499 and 699 for a product, and they can't even supply enough DIODES to produce the numbers that people will buy.

3. Sony is lying to you.
-Bluray is not going to win, sony has lost every other format war, what makes you think they'll win this one by playing the same tactic as last time. (beta, minidisk, umd (for videos))
-The core processor is not specail.
http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/617/617951/microsofts-xbox-360-vs-sonys-playstation-3-20050520041728972.jpg
-Killzone 2 trailer wasn't real time, they continued to "bend the truth" until that came out (it was written to play the video out, in engine 12x slower at 12x less frames per second. they taped the slomo, crappy 5fps video and sped it up with video editing software, then put it on a bluray disk and played it claiming "its in engine, this is not cgi"

4. Sony is cutting corners
- Their factories aren't reliable enough to make a diode
- Their consoles overheated at a convention MULTIPLE TIMES
- The online feature is essentially something we are using right now... the internet... thats all. seriously, no friends no messages, no matchmaking.
- It requires a system update OUT OF THE BOX

imo its a bad buy all around.

albertjackson99
11-15-2006, 06:47 PM
I think sony is jumping on the Blu Ray technology too quickly. They've never really made the best choices with media types and I think this tech will fall to the wayside in place of HDDVD.

xtraking
11-15-2006, 06:56 PM
it wont fail... why? Its sony and its a playstation.

claustrophobia9
11-15-2006, 06:59 PM
it wont fail... why? Its sony and its a playstation.
the ps3 wont fail because theyre are plenty of stupid people who cant see the truth. the bluray will fail... why? because its sony.

marvin-martian
11-15-2006, 07:10 PM
claus...hes actually played it.

claustrophobia9
11-15-2006, 07:18 PM
once you get past the fourth of july notion of "ooo ahhh thats so pretty" you'll realize the xbox 360 is a much better buy.

badlandsrox
11-15-2006, 07:40 PM
[QUOTE=claustrophobia9]
- Their consoles overheated at a convention MULTIPLE TIMES [QUOTE]

Same thing happened too the 360, and in some cases completley melted some games

nightmare88256
11-15-2006, 07:46 PM
Wait a little bit for the first gen quirks to be knocked out and for the price to go down. They lost the rumble feature becuase of a lawsuit, not really their fault.

conradl
11-15-2006, 07:53 PM
When I made this thread I already played both the 360 and the ps3 but right now it is still too soon to Right off the bat say that 360 is better. give the Ps3 time it hasn't even been out in retail stores so hold on untill alll the kinks have been smotthed out.

Also remember that the 360 was having horrible problem in the begining, the 360 was so bad they go sued over it.

So once again give the ps3 time to make a name for its self

claustrophobia9
11-16-2006, 03:23 AM
- Their consoles overheated at a convention MULTIPLE TIMES

Same thing happened too the 360, and in some cases completley melted some games
there were like 5 times the number of consoles... were talking about like out of 4 or 5 of the ps3s.... multiple ones were breaking. xbox was like 1/15+

marvin-martian
11-16-2006, 03:34 AM
Wait a little bit for the first gen quirks to be knocked out and for the price to go down. They lost the rumble feature becuase of a lawsuit, not really their fault.
actually, its because of the 6-axis controller. having dualshock would mess with that and make it hard to play

once you get past the fourth of july notion of "ooo ahhh thats so pretty" you'll realize the xbox 360 is a much better buy.
so what youre saying is "ya, i agree that you have to pay more for a prettier system. as to be expected"

Angel69
11-16-2006, 08:27 AM
lol i never thought id see such in depth arguments about a VIDEO GAME SYSTEM.

IMO.... if anyone goes and spends more then 50 dollars on a video game system yyou have way too much time on your hands and way to much bloody money!

my n64 kicks your xbox 720 or w/es ass anyday.

as far as sony, i love them... my sony vaio computer has never failed me. except the microsoft programs in it (and microsoft makes xbox so...)

but does anyone know anyhting about this new nintendo i saw?

emf7301
11-16-2006, 09:17 AM
but does anyone know anyhting about this new nintendo i saw?
you mean the Wii. yea it's really small, wireless, motion-detecting controllers. The controllers are really odd looking.

But that's off topic, back to the PS3. I think the PS3 will be a totally kick ass system once the bugs from the first systems are worked out. That's why i never get a new system right when it's released. Plus by waiting a year, i can save 100-200 dollars off the price and have a chance to try it out and see if i really want it compared to the other systems. Plus i think i know someone that will probably be getting it so i can try out his system.

Arg_King
11-16-2006, 11:38 AM
maan, today was crazy! i already saw ppl making line for the PS3, they already have it in some stores here in hialeah, miami, FL. it was totally crazy, ppl where going nuts!

marvin-martian
11-16-2006, 11:43 AM
my brother is waiting in a line right now for one...

08Lud08
11-16-2006, 12:15 PM
I wait a year and then buy game systems because the price drop and they are available. last year my friend waited overnight in a line for the xbox 360. I also saw the Nintendo wii at a gamestop here and to me the graphics were soo crapy. The only thing good I can say about it is the size, its really small. I don't know why people are soo excited about the wii because to me gamecube has the same graphics as the wii.

claustrophobia9
11-16-2006, 01:06 PM
so what youre saying is "ya, i agree that you have to pay more for a prettier system. as to be expected"
buzz... sorry that is the incorrect answer. you do not get more with the ps3 despite the raised price, you get less, in but it appears to be more because it has aspects the xbox 360 doesnt have. what i am saying is that ps3 and xbox 360 are exqual on grounds for what they have, but the xbox 360 is has more appealing aspects for a GAMER, whereas the ps3 has appealing aspects for a MEDIA ethusiast.

my brother is waiting in a line right now for one...
i would if i had the time... the resale on those will be amazing. xbox 360s were 10x more on ebay and they had 3 times as many shipped. if he plans on playing it... then tell him: "WOW... ur a tard"

marvin-martian
11-16-2006, 01:11 PM
if he plans on playing it... then tell him: "WOW... ur a tard"
hah, no way. hes profiteering

DFSniper
11-16-2006, 01:34 PM
eh, the only reason i'd get one is if they decide NOT to make Army of Two for PC (i'm not a big xbox fan)... my (almost completed) PC will OWN any console out there, and i can use it for more than just games. total price: $260 (hehe, betcha wondering how i pulled that one off! :devil:)

Jimmyd24
11-16-2006, 02:16 PM
i got to agree on claus this time
first of all, the 360 has a tri-core processors, three processors in the system while the ps3 does not
secondy, hd-dvd will win over blue ray, blue ray is way to expensive and currently there are no advantages to it
third, i never understood this being an old xbox owner, is the size, unless ur going to carry it aournd with you or whatever, but anyways, the ps3 is 13lbs and much bigger than the 360
fourth, sony no longer has a specific developers, they used to have rockstar and others that made people say, "get a ps2 they have gta", but now the developers are beginning to favor microsoft and microsoft has more microsoft only game.
fifth, ur going to pay how much for a ps3, 600 for the premium package, even in a year it will be 500 at the cheapest, come on now.
sixth, online play, microsoft has revolutionized and perfected online play with xbox live,if anyone has played it, they will tell u its the best out of all thesystems and sony has said they are not making many changes to their old online system

Hob Hayward
11-16-2006, 02:26 PM
I like xbox alot, and I have to side with claus on this. The ps3 is a computer. Go buy a decent computer and you'll be happier.

However the best console of all will be the Wii. I would like to present this comic:
http://vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=212

marvin-martian
11-16-2006, 02:29 PM
fourth, sony no longer has a specific developers, they used to have rockstar and others that made people say, "get a ps2 they have gta", but now the developers are beginning to favor microsoft and microsoft has more microsoft only game.

theres konami with the metal gear series, and polyphonal digital with gran turismo. those are just off the top of my head, so im sure theres more.

Hob Hayward
11-16-2006, 03:14 PM
Gran turismo was an excellent game, however the new one is just stupid.

The game (60$) comes with ONE track and ONE crappy car. You have to pay real world $$$ to get more tracks and cars. And they're not a few cents either, try at least 1$, or most likely even more than that per car and per track.

marvin-martian
11-16-2006, 03:32 PM
Gran turismo was an excellent game, however the new one is just stupid.

The game (60$) comes with ONE track and ONE crappy car. You have to pay real world $$$ to get more tracks and cars. And they're not a few cents either, try at least 1$, or most likely even more than that per car and per track.
i agree that PD is ruining it, and i refuse to buy it. im just going to wait for gran turismo 5, however long that may be.

tCLiSEm
11-16-2006, 03:33 PM
PS3=Place holder for PS4

Sony is still recovering from laptop’s batteries exploding!!!

If you want to wait 3 years, PS3 will be a better buy then Xbox 360 & Nintendo Wii. UNLESS Halo 3 is extremely good and Wii has a "Halo" style game breakthrough. Otherwise, when you buy your first PS3 you will be reading talk of PS4 in gamming magazines.

Hob Hayward
11-16-2006, 03:41 PM
Ahem as I said, the PS3 is a COMPUTER. But of course less useful. I personanlt dislike console game controlers, which is the primary reason I'm looking forwards to the wii, its got something cool about it, and it looks liek it'll be alot of fun.

You want graphics? They're even better on a PC.

SharpObjects
11-16-2006, 04:27 PM
People keep telling me that their PCs are always better. I can't stand playing on a small 12x12 screen, I need a big TV!

Anyhoo, I heard on the radio that the people waiting in line at one of our local stores would sell their spots in line for $2000 (yes, two-thousand) People are stupid, and I don't think Sony is only going to do well because of how stupid some people are. And 4/5 people said they we're going to see theirs on ebay as soon as they buy it.

400,000 for the US, 100,000 fir Japan, and nothing for Europe. Wow, GJ Sony. At $600 (most americans will be forced to buy the more expensive one) most consumers will never see a difference between 360 and PS3 graphics. The average consumer doesn't even know the retail price is.

Get a Wii and a 360 for less then the price of a PS3.

Also, the Playstation always has a very high learning curve for game developers. The Xbox was always much easier, since it basically is more a computer then anything else.

newkid
11-16-2006, 04:34 PM
yea on the Wii, which ever way you move the controller thats where the thing in the game goes, a better way to explain it is like if you were in a sword fight in a game you swing the controller in the way you want the sword to go.

claustrophobia9
11-16-2006, 06:35 PM
If you want to wait 3 years, PS3 will be a better buy then Xbox 360 & Nintendo Wii. UNLESS Halo 3 is extremely good and Wii has a "Halo" style game breakthrough. Otherwise, when you buy your first PS3 you will be reading talk of PS4 in gamming magazines.
ps3 has 1/5th the system bandwidth of xbox 360 and nearly twice the frame rate... you wont see the super cool floating point reached ever, even with perfect programming over the PITA DSP's. the graphics are the same... etc etc. it comes from sony claiming its all better to the only real advantage being:

-HDMI output
-Built in harddrive for all models (that means games can utilize it, xbox games are require to run WITHOUT a hard drive for core system players, meaning everything including engine and polygons is read off of the disk)
3rd party Hard drive upgradable (no 100 buck 20gb hard drive... you can up it by adding speed or more space)
-GAMES on an HD format disk (more game fits... im not saying bluray was a wise choice of the HD formats... i would have stood by hddvd or NEC's multi drive far more)

as games get released people will be brought down to earth, and realize, it looks just as good on the xbox.

Also, the Playstation always has a very high learning curve for game developers. The Xbox was always much easier, since it basically is more a computer then anything else.
they both are computers... :dodgy: sony has a higher learning curve because they charge a fortune for their development tools, provide a ****y hardware layout and put out stuff no1's used before ("innovative" aka risky/not the way you hoped).

Microsoft works with developers as a key part of their business life. sony puts out a tv/stereo/progector and lets it go... and dont deal with anything or anyone, once the product is released, its released until the next line. microsoft constantly encourages use of thier products and makes them better. theyre business life isn't dependant on single purchases but extended use, so not only do they have to get the customer, they have to keep them, and imo they are doing a good job.

btw xbox 360 home dev kit would cost you:

400 (softimage xsi 6(foundation... the biggy is like 7k)) + 0 (xna tools) +100/year (if you wanted to publish them on xbox live)

Jimmyd24
11-16-2006, 06:56 PM
i see the wii suffering the same problem as the dreamcast(i know there not the same developers), but the system will be overshadowend by the relaese of the ps3 and will never make it off the ground, plus, they need to have a breaktrhroiugh game as xbox had halo, with halo, xbox would not be what it is today

plus i read in my oxm magazine that with the new 360, they are coming out with this computer software that anyone can make their own games and then play them on their xbox 360

finally, before anyone talks to me about ps3 graphics, come play the gears of war game on the 360

conradl
11-16-2006, 08:49 PM
wow this is getting every deep, I was going to buy a PS3, but now I just might wait and get the 360, but it's still too soon to tell

emf7301
11-16-2006, 09:08 PM
some people have a preference to own the latest and greatest and will pay anything for it. I'll check out the PS3 but unless they drop the price down to at least 300 in the future, i'm not even going to bother with it. I on the other hand like my money and will spend it on something priceworthy.

**HINT HINT** 360 and amazon.com **HINT HINT**

claustrophobia9
11-17-2006, 03:24 AM
amazon is selling them (360 core packs) for 100 bucks if idiots dont vote for the stupid mongoose bike. only 1000 will be availible at this price.

Jimmyd24
11-17-2006, 06:08 AM
yea but the core package is sort of a waste of money for all sytems

conradl
11-17-2006, 07:01 AM
yea I agree that the core is a waste compared to the other systems aout there, but at that price how can you turn it down.

Nenkitsune
11-17-2006, 10:29 AM
finally, before anyone talks to me about ps3 graphics, come play the gears of war game on the 360
the 360 doesn't have AA, end of story ^^
gears of war is cool though

and as for Bluray, IT"S NOT JUST SONY!
sony doesn't "own" bluray, there's an entire committee for it, of tons of companies
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray_Disc_Association
go there. those are all the companies that developed bluray. it's not just sony, but basically every big electronics company (even apple, dell, warner, disney, and a few other really big companies) so don't kick it saying that it's sony and it'll fail, cause it's not just sony. everyone tags bluray to sony because the ps3 is using it
bluray has a lot of advantage's for people who like backing up data onto disks. TDK has made a 200gb bluray disk (single sided, not on both sides of the disk) dvd's can't do that.

SharpObjects
11-17-2006, 11:24 AM
What developer of gaming can use 200gb of memory? I think we'll have to wait at least 2 or 3 more generations until we need that much. Probably more. No one needs that memory, only for it to be wasted, and Bluray disks aren't cheap.

"the first five million are going to buy it, whatever it is, even it didn't have games." :lol: :lolsign:

Nenkitsune
11-17-2006, 11:29 AM
bluray isn't just for games. TDK made the disk to show bluray's expandability capabilities. it's mostly for computers. when i first heard of bluray, it was way before the ps3 was found to use it. bluray was still in it's Dev. stages, and everyone was talking about how much it could be used for computers
DVD-/+R disks weren't cheap when they came out. they cost almost as much as bluray disks do right now.

claustrophobia9
11-17-2006, 12:28 PM
yea but the core package is sort of a waste of money for all sytems
100 + 100 dollar hard drive + wireless controller (50) = xbox premium package plus a wired controller... for 250....
dont talk ever again.

SharpObjects
11-17-2006, 02:04 PM
At least with the core, you upgrade over time. Can't do that with the less expensive PS3. You're stuck.

@Nenkitsune, I can understand its computer use, but DvDs and games just don't need it, at least not now. Its too expensive to be wasted on a game that cannot use it's full potential.

Jimmyd24
11-17-2006, 02:19 PM
yes about blue ray, but currently, it is to expensive and currently game developers will not be using blueray for fits max and wonty be able to for another ten years. so now its just a waste of money, thats why the ps3 is so expensive

claustrophobia9
11-17-2006, 07:27 PM
http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1560635,00.html

oh noes! time says the ps3 is the suck

Nenkitsune
11-17-2006, 10:05 PM
i'm not talking about bluray in gaming or movie applications, i'm talking about for computer applications, where it would help the most. current dvd's can't hold mroe than 8gb, bluray holds well, about 10 times that. for data storage, it's as if you had your own hard drive. i would love to have a bluray drive and use it kind of like a hard drive (if they get RW versions)

rafb86
11-17-2006, 10:46 PM
IMO the reason i think PS3 will fail is because its way ahead of its time (kinda like the dreamcast lol remember that ) , and because im sure you wont be able to rent blue-rays at your local Blockbuster anytime soon .. and when you do it will be well over 15$ to rent one

SharpObjects
11-18-2006, 05:40 AM
Sony is going to have a hard time this time around. I don't think we coan doubt that. I haven't heard many good reasons to go out and buy a PS3.

Don't forget you cannot trade-in PS3 games. Sony is outlawing that for the PS3.

claustrophobia9
11-18-2006, 08:51 AM
IMO the reason i think PS3 will fail is because its way ahead of its time (kinda like the dreamcast lol remember that ) , and because im sure you wont be able to rent blue-rays at your local Blockbuster anytime soon .. and when you do it will be well over 15$ to rent one
ahead in dying fields (bluray) :rolleyes:

Cabroncito
11-18-2006, 10:15 AM
I'm with claus about the PS3 going down the drain. Strictly from a business standpoint, both Microsoft and Sony are posting losses on every system they sell and hoping they can make it up through royalties from game sells. So if Sony cannot meet the market demand, they will not sell more games, and not make any money. (not to say this will put them out of business)
And what many ppl dont realize is that unless you have 1080i (not just HD) and the game runs in 1080i then the graphics will not look any better than PS2 on a normal TV.
Also Wii graphics do not suck, compare them to previous generation graphics and it's easy to see that they are much improved. And Nintendo does not need a Huge 'Halo' game to make it successful. It has never needed it. Instead of making a Final fantasy/halo/whatever game and selling it to 1mil hard core gamers, they make nintendogs or animal crossing or some other 'kiddie game' and sell it to 8.5 mil little kids. or Brain Age/ Brain Academy and sell it to 8.5 mil senior citizens.
Let's remember these people really dont care about you, they are business trying to make money. and right now i think nintendos market strategy to appeal to the TRUE masses, and not to the smaller hard core gamer market, will ultimately win out in the business world. And isnt that the tru way to measure a companies performance. How many others have quit or been bought out since the begining?

claustrophobia9
11-18-2006, 10:58 AM
sony is bending the truth and getting caught at every bend. why because theyve incorporated a larger audience than just gamers. now they have media-philes and people who actually know what they are talking about, and theyre getting burned on their methods of over-hype, under-deliver

its reflected on ebay. ps3's are only doubling in price where as xboxes sold for nearly 5+ times as much as their normal price

wii graphics:
http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/731/731777/gt-pro-series-20060908022745688.jpg

animal crossing did not outsell halo or halo 2. sorry invalid argument.

SharpObjects
11-18-2006, 12:57 PM
Wii isn't targeted at the group the Xbox 360 and PS3 are. Nintendo has never gone for the hardcore hardware groups, which is fine, cause there is indeed an audience for Nintendo, and it's huge.

And Microsoft isn't losing anymore money on the 360 anymore, they gain about $75.70 per unit sold, now that the premium unit only costs $323.30 to make. "The high end PS3 costs $840.35 to build, losing Sony $241.35 per console. The cheaper PS3 actually costs nearly the same to produce, so Sony takes a hit of $306.85."

ross * pilot
11-18-2006, 01:14 PM
what would you recommend.. the 360 or ps3?

claustrophobia9
11-18-2006, 01:33 PM
360. i went to bestbuy and played the ps3. the sixaxis controlls are retarded, they should have left the rumble in it. personally i play with a tilt to the contoller (not apparent until it took a ton of my will power to keep my car on the road)

games dont look good. they look oversharp and pixilation can be seen since textures dont blend properly.

i did however like the change in r2 and l2 (i think...) buttons.. now they are triggers and it holds much better and i think will play better. i wish they had cod3 or resistance up, but i guess you can blame esrb for that. ive never liked the dualshock as a shooter controller as it never held well imo. the new triggers made it fell better but still not perfect. sixaxis driving sucks...

sony loosing money doesnt mean you get more. production costs are cheaper because you dont have to pay anymore initail startup cost. besides xbox played smarter not harder, meaning their stuff is compiled use of older (more available) materials (cheaper to make) rather than materials not in production or barely in production

ross * pilot
11-18-2006, 02:05 PM
what are some pros for the 360, besides the price.

conradl
11-18-2006, 02:34 PM
ok I think that i'm gonna get the 360, but before I do does it work with an apple (Ibook) computer, because I am very interested i uploading my own music for the game sound track.

This might be a stupid question since it is microsoft buy I still want to know.

thanks.

Muddytaco
11-18-2006, 02:35 PM
what are some pros for the 360, besides the price.

Best online setup/multiplayer i have ever used. Very easy to find your friends, you can even talk in a private chat anytime you want. There is always people in games. Cheaters get ban from live forever. You can download patches and new items to use in games, which i am sure ps3 will probably have but not 100% sure. The 360 is becoming more of a media center and just not a gaming rid as time goes on. You will be able to download tv shows and movies pretty soon. You can also hook your windows based computer to the xbox and stream music and video to the xbox to display on tv. You can also get a new external disc drive to play HD DVD's.

The multiplayer is what really stands out on the 360, hands down the best. I usually only play about half a game on single player, haven't finished one yet b/c I spend all my time playing on live.

Muddytaco
11-18-2006, 02:36 PM
ok I think that i'm gonna get the 360, but before I do does it work with an apple (Ibook) computer, because I am very interested i uploading my own music for the game sound track.

thanks.

I don't think you can hook it up to a apple b/c it states a windows based PC in the manuel, you could try though. You can always burn music to a cd and put it on to the 360 hard drive.

conradl
11-18-2006, 02:47 PM
thanks, I think that i am going to get the xbox core from amazon, then add the stuff that I need

rafb86
11-18-2006, 02:53 PM

thanks.

i dont think you can but now you can actually hook up your ipod directly to your 360 , its pretty sweet. and if your going with the 360 get gears of war and call of duty 3 , they are both awesome game and have amazing multi player

conradl
11-18-2006, 03:37 PM
i dont think you can but now you can actually hook up your ipod directly to your 360 , its pretty sweet. and if your going with the 360 get gears of war and call of duty 3 , they are both awesome game and have amazing multi player

What else do I need to hook an Ipod up. If i am going to get the core system.

thanks

SharpObjects
11-18-2006, 04:55 PM
You shouldn't need anything but the dock for the Ipod, unless it's the shuffle of course. I goes right into one of the two ports at the bottom of the faceplate. A user interface will pop up, and you can easily figure out what to do after that.

conradl
11-18-2006, 04:58 PM
YES!!!!! That is what I wanted to hear, thank you.

Also I have an Ipod video, will I be able to store music, videos, and photos on the hardrive (when I get one)

but do I need any special wires to do it??

rafb86
11-18-2006, 07:46 PM
hmm i dont think you can store anything from the ipod to the 360 , and you will also need to download an upgrade for this to work on the 360 , it took me like 2 min to download. also make sure you get Live if you get a 360 .. its well worth it . if you have anymore question feel free to PM me

Jimmyd24
11-18-2006, 09:18 PM
wut u can do to get all your videos adn musci on your 360 is just store it on a flash drive then upload the data on ur xbox via the usb ports

claustrophobia9
11-18-2006, 09:22 PM
you cant move data from flash to hard drive. cd player only.

ipods work when plugged in on the 360.

you can use windows media player 11 to mount folders on your network as media connect and your xbox will share pictures.

usb transfer DOES NOT WORK YET (or is not allowed) but you dont need to put it on the hard drive, it just wastes space. i reccommend never downloading trailers for games on the xbox just get them at teamxbox.com and put them in your media folder.

btw i HIGHLY reccommend rainbow six vegas as an online game. gears of war has a great single player, but the multi is more fun on rainbow imo (unless you have exactly 8 people that play the 360, that you know) the demos are availible on xbox live (multi demo only for gold)

also the only arcade games id reccommend BUYING are lumines live and geometry wars... if you have epilepsy... uh dont, i blacked out (technically it was visualfixation) playing geometry wars. i got a high score and like the little ping it makes when you beat the score knocked me out of it and i didnt remeber anything before that. both games are trippy visuals and good sound.

SharpObjects
11-19-2006, 02:34 PM
RB6 Vegas? I heard that it was terrible, and I didn't bother downloading it. I heard it was all spray and pray, and a lean-fest. It didn't sound pleasent.

And that game with the marbal was fun, roll around a marbal around obsticals and up and over things. I forget what it was called...

claustrophobia9
11-19-2006, 03:00 PM
RB6 Vegas? I heard that it was terrible, and I didn't bother downloading it. I heard it was all spray and pray, and a lean-fest.
from who? it has a better cover system than gears of war. its harder. you may have listened to someone who played rainbow six lockdown... which was was terrible but made by a different ubisoft studio. (this is montreal... they make the good stuff). its a free dl try it yourself and play before you judge. 9.5 at team xbox and 9.3 at ign.

Muddytaco
11-19-2006, 05:08 PM
Well from what i have played of the RS:V multiplayer demo, i don't like it. I played in several rooms and everybody was being stupid and teamkilling. It also got boring from the campers that just hide behind a door with C4 and blow it as you walk by.

I just started playing gears of war today and have only played coop so far, I like it alot. can't really say much about it as i have only played for about 35 min.

edit: forgot to add i played motorstorm today on ps3 and hated it. gameplay was terrible and graphics didn't look any better then 360, not worth the extra 200 to get sence almost all game developers are releasing on both platforms this time.

claustrophobia9
11-19-2006, 06:24 PM
Well from what i have played of the RS:V multiplayer demo, i don't like it. I played in several rooms and everybody was being stupid and teamkilling. It also got boring from the campers that just hide behind a door with C4 and blow it as you walk by.
i will say that was annoying but it can easily be explained. The multiplayer demo was meant to see how it played but montreal didnt factor in the fact that almost all games out now have ranked modes, and the demo is really the only place where feedback isnt taking place and all the people who have bad feedback play openly because matchmaking only links open games with people needing a game and no more.

IF you can get it at blockbuster (i say if because they never have any games in stock... cuz they suck) id reccommend renting it and playing coop missions with a friend (or 3) then sticking with them when it comes to playing with people on your team. the r6 genre really encourages playing with friends, which i dont think many of the halo 2 guys are used to, since they go in, play strangers and act like ***holes (generally), when the crouds seperate i garuntee that r6 vegas will be worth while.

conradl
11-20-2006, 04:56 PM
Ok so it is now final I am going to get the Xbox 360,

Now this thread can be a Wii Vs. Ps3 if you want but I dont care,

or it can just be a overall video game thread what ever you want

claustrophobia9
11-20-2006, 05:30 PM
i vote the last one. im modding my orignal xbox as we speak (since i dont use it on live, or much at all for that matter, it might be fun for lan parties)

conradl
11-20-2006, 06:27 PM
thats gonna be sweet I wish I had the ability to that, but I am not that gifted at thise types of things

have fun

claustrophobia9
11-21-2006, 01:26 PM
well actually its a virgin mod, you can do it all through game exploits. you just need about 50bucks worth of stuff

memory card
actionreplay
splintercell
the program

Total90Oliver
11-21-2006, 03:23 PM
wellI want somebody else to get the PS3 and play it for about a full year cuz when I got my Ps2, it broke withing like 6-7 months, and it's not like I was throwing it off cliffs or anything

newkid
11-21-2006, 06:08 PM
my uncle had a ps2 he bought like 3 months after they came out and it just broke a month ago. You couldve sent your ps2 to sony and they probly would have given you a new one, my friend's ps2 broke and thats what he did anyway.

claustrophobia9
11-21-2006, 07:00 PM
id assume that like other companies sony would take fix for free (microsoft did on pre july models)... but after we tried to get a free fix on our broken projector (not our fault, it was a manufacture defect) from sony and they charged the price of a new tv i would doubt it.

Jimmyd24
11-21-2006, 08:17 PM
congrats on the 360 conrad, ur gonna luv it, wut type u getting, the core or premium,
ebgames has a speacial running on the premium that comes with two controllers, the hard drive, headset, and play and charge kit for 400

conradl
11-21-2006, 08:25 PM
congrats on the 360 conrad, ur gonna luv it, wut type u getting, the core or premium,
ebgames has a speacial running on the premium that comes with two controllers, the hard drive, headset, and play and charge kit for 400

I am going to try and get the deal amazon is doing, but If they sell out then I will just buy a premium at regular price. Or ask my parents for it for Xmas since I am still at the age where I can do that

Total90Oliver
11-22-2006, 06:04 AM
Well, Im gonna just get the premium, because the Core you can't even play without a Memory Card, and a Memory Card is $40. Plus I saw the Premium for $360

claustrophobia9
11-22-2006, 07:51 AM
Well, Im gonna just get the premium, because the Core you can't even play without a Memory Card, and a Memory Card is $40. Plus I saw the Premium for $360
cant play and save. all xbox games are required to function without memory. but good choice, its much more worth your money.

if you ever buy a controller, do it at costco. they are the normal price, but include the play and charge kit at no cost.

08Lud08
11-22-2006, 12:34 PM
wellI want somebody else to get the PS3 and play it for about a full year cuz when I got my Ps2, it broke withing like 6-7 months, and it's not like I was throwing it off cliffs or anythingYou want to know a secret? jake accidentally dropped you ps2 off your dresser because he tried to jump over the cord when fabrice was playing.

Total90Oliver
11-22-2006, 01:43 PM
I know you told me, but it still worked fine after that, even though I am still pissed at that

Jimmyd24
11-23-2006, 11:04 AM
i went to local ebgames the other day to play the ps3 and the wii to see wut the hype was about adn compare them to my 360.
first off, the wii
the motion controller thing is pretty cool but there are some difficulties with it, like in the racing game if you turned it too much then the car would start turnign the other direction. The graphics were not that good for the wii.
ps3
i was very dissapointed with the ps3 considering that it is 500. First off, the graphics were the same as the xbox 360 on an hdtv. secondly, the one that i played would randomly freeze and go back to the main menu. third, the attmpt to make their controller like the wiis in that if you tilt it then you will turn faile dhorribly, it did not work correctly.
dollar for dollar i would pick the wii over the ps3 and the 360 over them both

claustrophobia9
11-23-2006, 11:24 AM
i went to local ebgames the other day to play the ps3 and the wii to see wut the hype was about adn compare them to my 360.
first off, the wii
the motion controller thing is pretty cool but there are some difficulties with it, like in the racing game if you turned it too much then the car would start turnign the other direction. The graphics were not that good for the wii.
ps3
i was very dissapointed with the ps3 considering that it is 500. First off, the graphics were the same as the xbox 360 on an hdtv. secondly, the one that i played would randomly freeze and go back to the main menu. third, the attmpt to make their controller like the wiis in that if you tilt it then you will turn faile dhorribly, it did not work correctly.
dollar for dollar i would pick the wii over the ps3 and the 360 over them both i had problems with the oversteering on both. i drive and 1* of tilt definately doesnt turn your car 120*

Arg_King
11-23-2006, 11:38 AM
if any1 knows hwere i can still get the ps3 please tell me fast! im in a hurry on buying it ,i live in florida, miami, i need to buy it =]

marvin-martian
11-23-2006, 12:22 PM
First off, the graphics were the same as the xbox 360 on an hdtv.
and you didnt play on an hdtv. using your argument, if you had, it would look better than a 360

third, the attmpt to make their controller like the wiis in that if you tilt it then you will turn faile dhorribly, it did not work correctly.

i personally dont think sony tried making the same type of controller. from my understanding, it was meant to be used as it is in resistance, where if you catch on fire you can shake it to help pat the flames out.

and theyve been out a week guys, give the companies the same amount of time microsoft had to work all the bugs out.

if any1 knows hwere i can still get the ps3 please tell me fast! im in a hurry on buying it ,i live in florida, miami, i need to buy it =]
chances are not before christmas. you can call around, and if youre lucky someone will know when theyre getting their next shippment in.

Jimmyd24
11-23-2006, 02:32 PM
and you didnt play on an hdtv. using your argument, if you had, it would look better than a 360

How are you telling me what I played it on, they place i played it on had all three systmes hooked up to an hdtv and the xbox 360 had the best graphics.

Secondly, to the guy thats wants a ps3, go to egames4less.net, you can buy one there but it is more expensive.

Ace24
11-23-2006, 03:50 PM

Lmao at that statement. The Xbox 360 is nothing but a normal computer. The PS3 has 8 interlinked processors, and blue ray. You cant do that with a computer. At least not for $600.

Now you dont need an HDTV. It wont look as nice, but on the site it says AV as well as HDTMI.

I just realised this.

The Nintendo Wii and the PS3 are the two most incridible systems I have ever seen. I love my friends Wii. (That sounded so gay) I am saving up for one right now. The PS3 will be purchased in the summer. The games on the Wii are so freaking fun. I dont care if the Wii isnt as powerful when it comes to graphics, the games and the gameplay make up for it.

Oh and if your astonished at the power of the PS3 right now, wait untill you see the games that come out later. Remember how RE: Code Veronica looked? Then did you see RE4? Thats a great example of how the games will explode graphics wise. The PS3 and Wii are so open for developers with possiblities, its mind blowing.

Don't listen to the people who are like "OMG THE XBOX 360 IS THE ****!" They dont understand the fact that all the Xbox ever was, and is, is a computer. You can build the same thing and be able to do everything a normal computer can do with it. Why spend the extra money on one that plays only games?

The Xbox 360 is dieing. We will see if Halo 3 brings it back. The only game that is supporting it right now is Gears Of War.

The fact that the PS3 and Wii can both go online with an internet browser, upload photos, videos, and send e-mails still blowes me away. The Wii was even fun to set up. Unlike some of the older systems, the setup was actually made fun. The fact that you can download EVERY game that ever came out on an Nintendo system, and teh Sega Genisis blowes me away. I love that fact. I dont have to blow my cartridges anymore!

The PS3 has flaws right now though. DO NOT INVEST IN ONE UNTILL THEY FIX THE PROBLEMS OR COME OUT WITH A SYSTEM FIX PATCH. There are around 200 of the PS2 and PSOne games that cannot be played on the system at this time. It should be resolved soon though.

Happy system hunting!

marvin-martian
11-23-2006, 04:02 PM
How are you telling me what I played it on, they place i played it on had all three systmes hooked up to an hdtv and the xbox 360 had the best graphics.

sorry for jumping to conclusions, but all of the places ive been to just have normal tvs for you to play on.

and like i said before, wait till summer or so for everything to get polished and working the way it should

Ace24
11-23-2006, 04:14 PM
sorry for jumping to conclusions, but all of the places ive been to just have normal tvs for you to play on.

and like i said before, wait till summer or so for everything to get polished and working the way it should

The Xbox 360 cannot ahve the best graphics. Its not possible. The graphics card isnt as powerful as the PS3's. The game might have looked better, yeah, because some of the PS3 games look like **** because they were rushed to come out. Take that NBA game for example... the players look like plastic.

If you try the offroad racing game they ahve, you'll see the graphics engine be put to use. The details are so intricate.. you can see the scratches on the roof of your car after rollign it, in the same direction of the slide, with scratches the same depth as the rocks you passed over.

Blow up one of the cars and watch the SCREWS fly out. You can litterally see the tiny little screws and bolts rolling around.

Jimmyd24
11-23-2006, 06:03 PM
we need to put a close on this thre4a until like next year, because well jsut keep on going back and forth arguing which one is better. lmao

Oscum Guy
11-23-2006, 06:11 PM
wii is better. ps3 cost is too much.

Ace24
11-23-2006, 06:58 PM
Well here are the standings from my point of view and from the overall statistics of the system:

The PS3 has the grapics and processing power beating both systems in that aspect. It is also the most open to developers, but Wii is right behind. It also has 4 USB slots.

The Wii has the gameplay and the amazing motion controlers that make the games so much more fun. Raising the gameplay value and the overall fun of the system above all the others. Now they also have the backwards compatable with the slots up top for the Gamecube and memorycard slots from the gamecube. The Wii has two USB slots and a SD card slot.

The Xbox 360 has the second best graphics system, but the worst processing system. The games so far haven't been impressive at all. The only game that truely caught my attention was "Gears of War." The fact that the system is a computer, and nothing more... and that I can get the same games for the computer makes me less likely to buy it and makes me hate it more.

Over all I like the PS3 and Wii better then the Xbox. You'll never see one in my household.

Arg_King
11-23-2006, 09:40 PM
for oscum guy, the Wii is pretty fun, just like said below, some1 told me that the controller's cable is short, cant extend too long, and the ps3 is kinda cheap when u think about it, where can u get a Pc with 8 micro processors for that price, and the grapx, nowhere

timbertiger20
11-23-2006, 10:19 PM

I checked and it's $500

newkid
11-24-2006, 08:11 AM
yeah if i got a new system i would get a Wii, cause the cost, size, the controllers, and the abillity to use Gamecube, games, controllers, etc.

Oscum Guy
11-24-2006, 09:13 AM
for oscum guy, the Wii is pretty fun, just like said below, some1 told me that the controller's cable is short, cant extend too long, and the ps3 is kinda cheap when u think about it, where can u get a Pc with 8 micro processors for that price, and the grapx, nowhere
the controllers are wireless.

Ace24
11-24-2006, 10:15 AM
I checked and it's $500
Thats the 20GB HDD version.

The 60GB HDD version is $600.

Its worth spending the $100 more for the extra 40 gigs.

All the new systems are wireless, the Wii has only wires between the nunchuck and the Wii-mote. Wich are long enough and dont get in the way at all.

The PS3 has whats called a 4 point gyro motion sensor. This means its only effective for tilt. In other words, if your car is air born, you tilt the controler to align it with the ground for a flat, easy landing. It is also used for flight games.

SharpObjects
11-24-2006, 10:52 AM
Just go for the $600 version of the PS3, thats all the stores will have, if they have any. That is how sony forces consumers to get all the features at a more expensive price. This is why you'll never see a Playstation in my house.

About processing power, what average joe will care?
The average consumer won't notice the difference in graphics. They want what they have been told to buy or what has the cheaper prices. Wii and 360, both cheaper then PS3.

And I'm sure you have yet to see the better 360 games. GoW looked great, but CoD3 is the same in that aspect. DOA4 and X2 also have amazing graphics, anyone who has ever played them knows that. And we cannot forget Halo 3. That, in my opinion, is the best looking game I have ever seen, graphics wise.

About computers, I'm not about to go out and buy a computer with a bunch of processors, only to upgrade the graphics card and find out they just came out with one better for cheaper. The computers will always be better then the gaming systems, but I don't think they're as fun. Carpal Tunnel FTL

Taillo
11-24-2006, 11:00 AM
When the next Grand Theft Auto will comes out, every one of you guys will want a ps3. Just imagine how the game will look like with over 35gigs of space they can put on a blueray. Textures, models, and of course soundtracks... the next GTA city will be so huge and so diversified, real world will look almost boring.

Some facts about the ps3 that i did not see in this forum:

Sony is loosing money over the console, it cost about 300 bucks over the retailed price, they have a royalty system so they receive a part of every games profits. They will push developpers and it is not true they hate developpers because this time, they are relying on them to cover the cash loss over the console.

Time spend to make game is not a argument against bluray disk because as technology advances, game making techniques also advances and it is not true you need more polygons to make the 3d models match the resolution.
the real value of blueray is for the amount of content they can store in it.

Compare the game that came out with the first playstation and those who came out just before the ps2 came out, the engine learning curve of the developpers is always escalating exponentially on the ps systems, that is the same with the ps2, and of cours the ps3, compared to the xbox, developpers are already exploiting 95% of the system capabilities, for the play3, 40% so wait 6 months and we will have a completely different conversation.

SharpObjects
11-24-2006, 11:06 AM
Actually, I said...

"Wii isn't targeted at the group the Xbox 360 and PS3 are. Nintendo has never gone for the hardware groups, which is fine, cause there is indeed an audience for Nintendo, and it's huge.

And Microsoft isn't losing anymore money on the 360 anymore, they gain about $75.70 per unit sold, now that the premium unit only costs $323.30 to make. "The high end PS3 costs $840.35 to build, losing Sony $241.35 per console. The cheaper PS3 actually costs nearly the same to produce, so Sony takes a hit of $306.85."

Like on page 6. And for GTA, I never cared for killin cops.

I still think that, even if sony doesn'thate the developers, they stillhate the consumers.

Even if the graphics are better, the games might not be very good. The only game I ever liked for PS2 was Killzone.

claustrophobia9
11-24-2006, 11:16 AM
sorry for the (coming) double posts... but there were like 20 responses since im gone.
Lmao at that statement. The Xbox 360 is nothing but a normal computer. Technically speaking all consoles are computers with operating systems which limit the usage of on board hardware which is standardized The PS3 has 8 interlinked processorsthe ps3 has 7 DSP's and 1 disambiguating DSP but only 1 CPU and only 1 core. a dsp is a simulated processor which organizes data. because it has 7 doesn't defeat the fact that they are contained in a single 3.2GHz core while the xbox 360 has 3 3.2GHz cores, and blue ray. You cant do that with a computer. At least not for $600.

Now you dont need an HDTV. It wont look as nice, but on the site it says AV as well as HDTMI.correction:HDMI

I just realised realized this.

The Nintendo Wii and the PS3 are the two most incridible incredible systems I have ever seen. I love my friends Wii. (That sounded so gay) I am saving up for one right now. The PS3 will be purchased in the summer. The games on the Wii are so freaking fun. I dont care if the Wii isnt as powerful when it comes to graphics, the games and the gameplay make up for it. even though your arguement disputing the xbox was all about it

Oh and if your astonished at the power of the PS3 right now, wait untill you see the games that come out later. Remember how RE: Code Veronica looked? Then did you see RE4? Thats a great example of how the games will explode graphics wise. The PS3 and Wii are so open for developers with possiblities, its mind blowing.

Don't listen to the people who are like "OMG THE XBOX 360 IS THE ****!" They dont understand the fact that all the Xbox ever was, and is, is a computer. what kind of argument is that... of course it is.You can build the same thing and be able to do everything a normal computer can do with it. Why spend the extra money on one that plays only games?because it costs less and offers a standardized hardware and optimal online opportunity, i could make the same arguement about the ps3 since video cards offer DVI which can plug into HDMI ports and NEC offers a bluray drive

The Xbox 360 is dieing. dying, and who are you to say that We will see if Halo 3 brings it back. The only game that is supporting it right now is Gears Of War. as compared to what ps3 and wii games? right.

The fact that the PS3 and Wii can both go online with an internet browser, upload photos, videos, and send e-mails still blowes me away.LIKE A COMPUTER OMG The Wii was even fun to set up. Unlike some of the older systems, the setup was actually made fun. The fact that you can download EVERY game every game they reformat, not every game that ever came out on an Nintendo system, and teh Sega Genisis blowes me away. I love that fact. I dont have to blow my cartridges anymore!

The PS3 has flaws right now though. DO NOT INVEST IN ONE UNTILL THEY FIX THE PROBLEMS OR COME OUT WITH A SYSTEM FIX PATCH. There are around 200 of the PS2 and PSOne games that cannot be played on the system at this time. It should be resolved soon though.

Happy system hunting! more for your other stupid comments in a bit.

claustrophobia9
11-24-2006, 11:19 AM
The Xbox 360 cannot ahve the best graphics. Its not possible. The graphics card isnt as powerful as the PS3's. {righthttp://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/617/617951/microsofts-xbox-360-vs-sonys-playstation-3-20050520041731425.jpg}The game might have looked better, yeah, because some of the PS3 games look like **** because they were rushed to come out. Take that NBA game for example... the players look like plastic.

If you try the offroad racing game they ahve, you'll see the graphics engine be put to use. The details are so intricate..too sharp, nothing is smooth, i played it and it needs more polygons and better background/foreground shading apps running in the engine you can see the scratches on the roof of your car after rollign it, in the same direction of the slide, with scratches the same depth as the rocks you passed over.

Blow up one of the cars and watch the SCREWS fly out. You can litterally see the tiny little screws and bolts rolling around. still more...

SharpObjects
11-24-2006, 11:22 AM
Woah, I did not read that before. The 360?Dying? I doubt that, serriously.

lol

claustrophobia9
11-24-2006, 11:27 AM
Well here are the standings from my point of view and from the overall statistics of the system:

The PS3 has the grapics and processing power beating both systems try again, it has neither fully in its grasp, xbox has more general cpu processing power and a better GPU and more systembandwidth, ps3 has CPU calculations on its side, it can calculate math equations 3 times faster, but so much of that is moved to the GPU now-a-days that it takes a ton of programming to make use of that. in that aspect. It is also the most open to developers by open i assume you mean open to movement as capcom is releasing more xbox exclusive titles and MGS4 is swaying to multi-platform, espececially with 20,000 dollar development kit and the annoying programming over 7 dsp's, but Wii is right behind.nintendo is its own largest developer, they have far less 3rd party games than other platforms which leaves them to make games by themselves It also has 4 USB slots. none of the consoles have 4 usb slots; ps3 has 6, wii has 2 (and 4 GC controller ports) and xbox has 3

The Wii has the gameplay and the amazing motion controlers that make the games so much more fun.perspective, i think it sucks Raising the gameplay value and the overall fun of the system above all the others. Now they also have the backwards compatable with the slots up top for the Gamecube and memorycard slots from the gamecube. The Wii has two USB slots and a SD card slot. gamecube sucked too...

The Xbox 360 has the second best graphics see past argumentssystem, but the worst processing system.wow, thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard, the wii has less than 800MHz (MEGAhertz) and the xbox has 3 cores at 3.2GHz (GIGAhertz) The games so far haven't been impressive at all. The only game that truely caught my attention was "Gears of War." The fact that the system is a computer stfu with that arguement, you have no idea what you are saying, and nothing more... and that I can get the same games for the computer makes me less likely to buy it and makes me hate it more.

Over all I like the PS3 and Wii better then the Xbox. You'll never see one in my household. still feel smart...? think not.

claustrophobia9
11-24-2006, 11:29 AM
Thats the 20GB HDD version.

The 60GB HDD version is $600.

Its worth spending the $100 more for the extra 40 gigs.

All the new systems are wireless, the Wii has only wires between the nunchuck and the Wii-mote. Wich are long enough and dont get in the way at all.

The PS3 has whats called a 4 point gyro6, hence the name of the controller... the SIXAXIS motion sensor. This means its only effective for tilt. In other words, if your car is air born, you tilt the controler to align it with the ground for a flat, easy landing. It is also used for flight games.
more stupidity

claustrophobia9
11-24-2006, 11:33 AM
When the next Grand Theft Auto will comes out, every one of you guys will want a ps3although its dual realease with the 360 at the exact same time :dodgy:. Just imagine how the game will look like with over 35gigs of space they can put on a blueray. realistically, no one will used that much becuase it will cost too much to produce the game. you might get behind the scenes if you are lucky, but thats included in a seperate disk for xbox Textures, models, and of course soundtracks... xbox 360 has custom soundtracks in all games, choose whatever music you want and import it without puting it on your harddrive with windows media player 11the next GTA city will be so huge and so diversified, real world will look almost boring.

Some facts about the ps3 that i did not see in this forum:

Sony is loosing money over the console, it cost about 300 bucks over the retailed price, they have a royalty system so they receive a part of every games profits. They will push developpers and it is not true they hate developpers because this time, they are relying on them to cover the cash loss over the console. from the facts it sure looks like it.

Time spend to make game is not a argument against bluray disk because as technology advances, game making techniques also advances and it is not true you need more polygons to make the 3d models match the resolution.
the real value of blueray is for the amount of content they can store in it. meaning if you want to fill it, it will take more time...

Compare the game that came out with the first playstation and those who came out just before the ps2 came out, the engine learning curve of the developpers is always escalating exponentially on the ps systems, that is the same with the ps2, and of cours the ps3, compared to the xbox, developpers are already exploiting 95% of the system capabilities, for the play3, 40% so wait 6 months and we will have a completely different conversation.im sure we will i will give this guy props, not nearly as much red as ace, but still, some errors in his arguments.

so now that you are on your hands and knees and my foot is on your back, have you any more arguements before i curb stomp you ace?

or as they would say in halo 2. double kill, gained the lead.

maximus100389
11-24-2006, 03:31 PM
This is what I do:

Hold myself back from spending hundreds of dollars on a game system that will drop in price within the next year. Befriend rich classmates and live in their house and play their 360's, Wii's, and PS3's.

It works quite well.

Sandman_Bravo
11-24-2006, 03:38 PM
I own a PS1, PS2, and a PSP. I like Sony, but I played the PS3 at EB Games the other day and was disappointed. I played the futuristic off-road race game, and when there were more than 3 vehicles on the screen it bogged down and ran like slow-motion. Isn't that what the big price tag is for, stronger faster processing?

newkid
11-24-2006, 05:17 PM
give the ps3 a few months to get things worked out and fixed

conradl
11-24-2006, 05:36 PM
so now that you are on your hands and knees and my foot is on your back, have you any more arguements before i curb stomp you ace?

Damn claustrophobia9 you demolished all their arguments, you are ruth less. After hearing Ace talk about the ps3, and me not being that educated in the gaming world, I almost started saving up my money for a PS3, but you have changed me back to the 360 once again.

thank you all
this is helping me on which system I should get next

newkid
11-24-2006, 05:57 PM
Damn claustrophobia9 you demolished all their arguments, you are ruth less. After hearing Ace talk about the ps3, and me not being that educated in the gaming world, I almost started saving up my money for a PS3, but you have changed me back to the 360 once again.

thank you all
this is helping me on which system I should get next

I think someone has too much time on their hands *cough*claus*cough* j/k

Jimmyd24
11-24-2006, 05:59 PM
can we just stop until next year when we can actually make an accurate decision

claustrophobia9
11-26-2006, 01:56 PM
can we just stop until next year when we can actually make an accurate decision
no, but ace can.

timbertiger20
11-26-2006, 11:37 PM
OK, I found some things interesting while reading this! I bought an xbox 360 and Gears of War last week. Played it with my two buddies on the hardest level. Beat it in 6 hours. I found the game to be easy and the online play......well not so good. Graphics are good but the voices and mouth animation were horribly out of synch. Hooked it up live only to find out only the person with the xbox live account can play it? So on to the next game. I found only one game that would let 3 people play it witout user accounts and that was Call of Duty 3. So far I'm horribly unimpressed! Especially with Gears of War........Halo 1 was much better! Also finding that the way to enter the games through xbox live is vastly different between games!

Ace24
11-27-2006, 12:15 AM
USB 2.0 X 4
Memory Stick/SD/CompactFlash Slots

PS3 has 4 USB slots.

I'm not going to even bother arguing with you. You obvously win with how much free time you have.

(Dont IM me trying to "e-battle" me again over the systems.)

I own a PS1, PS2, and a PSP. I like Sony, but I played the PS3 at EB Games the other day and was disappointed. I played the futuristic off-road race game, and when there were more than 3 vehicles on the screen it bogged down and ran like slow-motion. Isn't that what the big price tag is for, stronger faster processing?

It didn't do that for me. Nothing slowed down what so ever when I used it.

SharpObjects
11-27-2006, 11:27 AM
OK, I found some things interesting while reading this! I bought an xbox 360 and Gears of War last week. Played it with my two buddies on the hardest level. Beat it in 6 hours. I found the game to be easy and the online play......well not so good. Graphics are good but the voices and mouth animation were horribly out of synch. Hooked it up live only to find out only the person with the xbox live account can play it? So on to the next game. I found only one game that would let 3 people play it witout user accounts and that was Call of Duty 3. So far I'm horribly unimpressed! Especially with Gears of War........Halo 1 was much better! Also finding that the way to enter the games through xbox live is vastly different between games!

Really? GoW was easy, but still fun. Play it by yourself without three others, it might be harder. On Live it is still great, and balanced too.

Most games you can only play one person with an account. In Halo 2, you can invite guests. I'm unsure of any other games that do that, other then CoD3. Its something you can't really complain about cause it has always been like that. You'll end up adapting, figuring out how to get in games on live is simple.

Arg_King
11-27-2006, 12:42 PM
i hope at least they would give info on when they will start distributing them again to the stores, im really interested, and of wat i've heard i think maybe next year we'll have em cheaper too.
and i heard htey are taking this time to be able to make a big amou8nt, so then they wont run out

Jimmyd24
11-27-2006, 01:03 PM
i found gears of war to easy too but it is still good
play halo 2 online with ur buds, that is one of the only games that allows guests on xbox live

claustrophobia9
11-27-2006, 01:46 PM
PS3 has 4 USB slots.
there are 4 in the front, 2 in the back according to gamespot and ign.

btw whoever said gears was easy, what did you play it on? replay it on hardcore and see how easy it is.

Jimmyd24
11-27-2006, 02:22 PM
yea i was playin it on hardcore and i think it is easy

claustrophobia9
11-27-2006, 05:21 PM
yea i was playin it on hardcore and i think it is easy
my bad, brain fart there... insane, not hardcore

timbertiger20
11-27-2006, 08:13 PM
I was still unimpressed.........and even know Claus is an Xbox Guru......I find it funny how few people actually have found out that you can add guests. It's not in the xbox live info or the game book.........in fact it's no where to be found........dug through 1000's of posts and found out if you hit Y after you select playing online you can add a guest. In fact I think you can have 3.
I also played a Playstation 3 today with fairly low expectations........I honestly think that even though I like first person shooters........I played a Off Road truck racing game and found the graphics far superior to my Xbox 360 :( The game was amazing.........I'm very intrested to see how there online game play comes along!

conradl
11-27-2006, 08:17 PM
OK this is my last question I have, I am leaning towards the 360 right now, but since the PS3 hasn't been out a while I need to give it a chance so...

What do you guys think will be the best system in the LONG RUN for just GAMING, I dont care about the other media devices right just gaming. What will have the best titles, best graphics, and just the overall FUN when both system would have been used to there full potential.

Also with the 360 getting a new CPU chip shoul I wait?
http://gear.ign.com/articles/736/736297p1.html

I have read all of the other comments but they all take place in the present and I dont want to buy 2 systems so I want the best one for the FUTURE.

Thank you for every thing

timbertiger20
11-27-2006, 09:47 PM
I have to go with PS3.......I have been reading there online gaming is really getting good! The one downside is the first real use of there graphics capabilities is a year out software wise!

marvin-martian
11-28-2006, 03:48 AM
I have to go with PS3.......I have been reading there online gaming is really getting good! The one downside is the first real use of there graphics capabilities is a year out software wise!
microsofts online will always be 1000x better than sonys

Jimmyd24
11-28-2006, 05:26 AM
i meant i was playin on insane but i was playin coop i dont know how hard it will be single player

in the long run, xbox 360 will win because it is more "user freiendly" to the game developers and willdish out more money to them. alos, ps3 high price will discourage buyers and will lean themt ot the 360 which will soon go down in price

do a google search to see which will win, many sources say the 360 will win

timbertiger20
11-28-2006, 08:18 AM
From what I heard from a buddy that has both, he said his online experience with his PS3 was better that xbox live. I haven't gotten to try it online nor do I know which games hes played online. Also hear 500K more units before Christmas!

Ace24
11-28-2006, 10:39 AM
there are 4 in the front, 2 in the back according to gamespot and ign.

btw whoever said gears was easy, what did you play it on? replay it on hardcore and see how easy it is.
I dont trust IGN or Gamespot for ****. They lied about so many different things in the past to the point where I wont listen to them. The only time I go on those stupid sites is to look at a game thats comming up and the screenshots/videos.

Go to the actual Sony website. It only has 4 USB 2.0 slots. There are not two on the back.

Considering I've held one, and played one. I would think I would know.

Here are the tech specifications:
http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/About/TechnicalSpecifications

Jimmyd24
11-28-2006, 10:56 AM
gamespot and ign usually do not blatatly lie, they just state what the developers give to them at the time and usually, the devlopers change their minds by the time the system comes out

Ace24
11-28-2006, 11:04 AM
The people on the site are also to lazy to update it after this information comes out. Hence giving off false information and confusing people.

If I am not mistaken, IGN also stated that the PS3 was going to be a HDMI only system.

According to the statistics on the Sony website, that's false.

claustrophobia9
11-28-2006, 12:46 PM
cannot confirm either the 4 or 6 ports with any pictars since no1 has been taking them. but so what, that 1/10 arguments that are actually true. and conrad, marv is absolutely right about the online. it pwns sonys, sonys may be "fun" or "free" but the thing is, you cant keep cheaters out, and the stuff you get with the 360 is so good i would say the first thing you get (before a game) is a live subscription, its well worth the 5 dollars, or if you'd prefer to be cheap and play a free version similar to the unbannable ps3, go to www.xbconnect.com

edited black

Jimmyd24
11-28-2006, 01:04 PM
things that u pay for are always better than things that you get for free, one of the basic principles of capitalizm
also, people are more likely to take better care and act better in something that they pay for rather than somehting that is for free

Ace24
11-28-2006, 02:37 PM
cannot confirm either the 4 or 6 ports with any pictars since no1 has been taking them. but so what, that 1/10 arguments that are actually true. and conrad, marv is absolutely right about the online. it pwns sonys, sonys may be "fun" or "free" but the thing is, you cant keep cheaters out, and the stuff you get with the 360 is so good i would say the first thing you get (before a game) is a live subscription, its well worth the 5 dollars, or if you'd prefer to be cheap and play a free version similar to the unbannable ps3, go to www.xbconnect.com

edited black

Go to the SONY website... they have pictures of the ****ing system. It also says it in the tech support. Holy crap. Here is a link:
http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/About/Gallery

What Sony does to eliminate cheaters is to send out downloadable patches eliminating any map glitching that takes place. The DNAS servers are what prohibit any GameShark or other tapping devices from being used. They have pleanty of things that eliminate cheaters. The only problem is lag. There will always be it, and there are always people complaining about it.

Hob Hayward
11-28-2006, 04:16 PM
I'm way too lazy to read all the way back, so I'll just say this. Wii>Xbox>0>-100000000>PS3.

Xbox and wii are close, but the ps3 is a pos. Its a PC thats crappy. You'll find better graphics on the PC.

marvin-martian
11-28-2006, 04:22 PM
I'm way too lazy to read all the way back, so I'll just say this. Wii>Xbox>0>-100000000>PS3.

Xbox and wii are close, but the ps3 is a pos. Its a PC thats crappy. You'll find better graphics on the PC.
and i will repeat myself for the bagillionsth time. wait like 8 months and reassess it.

Jimmyd24
11-28-2006, 05:42 PM
first off, xbox live is better because it requires users to use dsl (reduces lag), limits heavily the number of modders and cheaters, and peopole will be less willing to take advantage of the system on live.
secondly, why does it matter how many usb ports the ddamn system has, hell, if you want more, you can keep on buying more adapters in order to increase the number
finally, lets wait like five months to see what happens
xbox>ps3>wii

conradl
11-28-2006, 10:29 PM
OK so I am going to get an Xbox 360 premium if any one think I shouldn't say so now!

thank you all for helping me to make my decision

claustrophobia9
11-29-2006, 03:17 AM
Go to the SONY website... they have pictures of the ****ing system. It also says it in the tech support. Holy crap. Here is a link:
http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/About/Galleryi cant see the ****ing system because im on a low contrast crt monitor

What Sony does to eliminate cheaters is to send out downloadable patches eliminating any map glitching that takes place. The DNAS servers are what prohibit any GameShark or other tapping devices from being used. They have pleanty of things that eliminate cheaters. The only problem is lag. There will always be it, and there are always people complaining about it.not if you ban all the cheaters, people have and will continue modding thier consoles, just because sony has tried to prevent it doesnt ever mean hackers wont beat it and tell everyone how. besides, if you get linux running with it offline you can copy your eeprom folder to your home computer over an ftp and just replace it when you get banned.boo

claustrophobia9
11-29-2006, 03:18 AM
OK so I am going to get an Xbox 360 premium if any one think I shouldn't say so now!

thank you all for helping me to make my decision
don't ask! there will always be someone saying you shouldn't, and i'll always be close behind messing them up. just get it.

DFSniper
11-29-2006, 03:53 AM
umm, i dont have the exact stats on me, (get em on here when i get home), but the 360 and PS3 both have 3.2 gig processors (360 has IBM, cant remember the PS3), 512MB RAM, 360 has an ATI graphics processor, and the PS3 has an NVidia. the Wii has 550mhz IBM processor, 300sumthing RAM and an ATI processor. i have to agree with all the reviews that say most of the games for Wii are lacking. i mean, the GT game has the same graphics as Enthusia Racing did (waay too cartoony and a waste of processing power IMO)

claustrophobia9
11-29-2006, 11:59 AM
umm, i dont have the exact stats on me, (get em on here when i get home), but the 360 and PS3 both have 3.2 gig processors (360 has IBM, cant remember the PS3)xbox has 3 cores... ps3 has 1 divided into 7 dsp's and one other integrated circuit dsp for disambiguation, 512MB RAM, 360 has an ATI graphics processor, and the PS3 has an NVidia. the Wii has 550mhz IBM processor, 300sumthing RAM and an ATI processor. i have to agree with all the reviews that say most of the games for Wii are lacking. i mean, the GT game has the same graphics as Enthusia Racing did (waay too cartoony and a waste of processing power IMO)
www.wiihaveaproblem.com <- i called it, and i almost did that at gamestop

Ace24
11-29-2006, 12:07 PM
first off, xbox live is better because it requires users to use dsl (reduces lag), limits heavily the number of modders and cheaters, and peopole will be less willing to take advantage of the system on live.
secondly, why does it matter how many usb ports the ddamn system has, hell, if you want more, you can keep on buying more adapters in order to increase the number
finally, lets wait like five months to see what happens
xbox>ps3>wii

Have you actually played the Nintendo Wii? You can't be serious with the standings you put up there...

... oh well. To each his own.

Oh and another thing. YOU ARE REQUIRED TO USE AN EATHERNET CONNECTION. It doesn't matter if it's DSL, Cable, T-1, T-2, T-3. The PS3 also requires you to use it. So does the Wii.

The "zOMG TEH IZ TEH HAXXORZ" theory is dead. Games arn't even released on the PS2 (and that's last gen) for dialup anymore.

The point I put across with the USB ports is that even Claus doesn't know everything about the systems.

I never take anyone elses word for "wich next gen system to buy." To me, graphics and sound are half of the fun.

Personally I want a system that entertains me. I couldn't care less about the power of the system, as long as it has good games.

Sony and Nintendo have always released games that entertained me and made my money more then worth it when I put it into the systems. Give the systems a few months to clear up the bugs (Nintendo has yet to have any) and then reassess the situation. Never be in too much of a hurry. Patience is a virtue.

Claus

not if you ban all the cheaters, people have and will continue modding thier consoles, just because sony has tried to prevent it doesnt ever mean hackers wont beat it and tell everyone how. besides, if you get linux running with it offline you can copy your eeprom folder to your home computer over an ftp and just replace it when you get banned.

Yes, but I ask you. Who is going to take the time to do that? I know there are some "supernerds" out there that would actually put the time into what you just described. But the precentage is so low, it shouldn't matter.

Yes Xbox live is safer... but some people don't have the money to fork over every year for the service...

Personally, I don't have the time to spend online on the Xbox to actually make it worth it. So, for me... free online... DNAS... and Sony sounds pretty good. Nintendo makes me smile too :)

- Ted

marvin-martian
11-29-2006, 12:12 PM
ace, what does connection speed have to do with cheaters? there are other ways to cheat than having a laggy connection, and xbl can ban users who do; unlike sony.

Ace24
11-29-2006, 12:14 PM
I wasn't talking about it in the sense of banning and such. I was just bringing up the fact that all the new systems use eathernet. I was responding to Jimmy.

Oh and another thing. With the hi-played games from Sony, such as SOCOM: 3 and SOCOM: Combined Assult, SONY has started taking down credit card numbers. They don't charge you (well they do $1 to test the credit card, but then it's put right back), but in doing this, they can, and have banned and charged people whom have been caught ranking up, cheating, and hacking into the game.

- Ted

Jimmyd24
11-29-2006, 12:37 PM
[SIZE="2"]Have you actually played the Nintendo Wii? You can't be serious with the standings you put up there... /[SIZE]
Actually I am serious, the graphics on the wii are horrible in my opino and yes i have played it at gamestop. The graphics did not seem to be of much imporvement from the gamecube and in no way shape or form were the graphics "next-gen".
also, nintendo is known for making games directed towards young kids, however, this is a huge marketing failure considering the fact that the average gamer is 32 and kids do not have as much money to spned on video games as do older teenager and young adults. The wii will fail once people begin to realize that there are no real games that define the system.
For a system to be successful, it must, and i mena must, have a game that defines the system. For xbox, it was halo, without halo, ps2 would probably of crushed xbox and would not of motivated enough people to move over ot the microsoft side. for a while, people bought ps2 because it had gta. that was a huge advantage to get gta until their contract ran out with rockstar in 2004.
What is the importance of all this hardware and stuff without games.
The answer to this question will tell you who will win this war:
Whatever the console that has the game that defines a next-gen game will be the winner of the console wars.

You will find out that if you do some research that microsoft is more commited to game developers and is more willing to dish out money in order to help them put it out on the 360. also, the 360 is more "developer friendly" in its processing power and hardware. Therefore, more devewlopers will lean towards the 360 over both the ps3 and the wii.

However, i dont believe that people want to dish out 250 for the wii for basically a new gamecube controller, meaning that the grahpics are a littel improved. the only main difference is the controller.

Hob Hayward
11-29-2006, 01:05 PM
I'm still too lazy to look back and see whats been said so. Honestly, why do you want a PS3? Its got sub-+C graphics, and so far all the games suck. Leastways the wii is extremely fun despite its lack of near PC quality graphics, and it costs less than HALF of the PS3, and the games cost half as much aswell...

Tell me again why you want a PS3.

SharpObjects
11-29-2006, 02:26 PM
I have played the Wii (friend bought one). I will say I had some fun. It was totally a new experience for me. Moving the controller does make you look stupid though. It was fun and I didn't mind the last gen graphics. Playing CoD3 on Wii and holding up the controller like a rifle was definatly fun. For less then the price of the PS3, get a 360 and a Wii, and some games.

I will admit, I bought a PS2 in early 2004. I bought a game, FFX-2, and another, Solcom 1. After being unable to find any fun games, I bought my Halo Edition Xbox later that summer. I bought many games, and an enjoyable experience was had by all. The PS2 I gave to my sister. The worst $200+ purchase I have ever made.

Ace24
11-29-2006, 03:33 PM
However, i dont believe that people want to dish out 250 for the wii for basically a new gamecube controller, meaning that the grahpics are a littel improved. the only main difference is the controller.

That average gamer thing is BS. Its more teenagers and young adults then 32 year olds. Maybe on Halo its all 32 yr olds... but in general, for every system... its the younger croud. Adults do not have the time to sit there all day and play videogames. Have you played Zelda: Twilight Princess? Have you even considered the possibility that it's THE BEGINNING OF THE NEXT GEN WAR? The games are not going to be the best right now and many systems show that. I remember when the Xbox 360 first came out with it's release titles. They didn't look that powerful either. Now look at some of their games.

The Wii is in no way a new Gamecube. It can do, and does so much more then a Gamecube could ever do. Ugh, I have no time to argue with people whom seem to think graphics and power are the best things out there.

This is basicly like comparing a Spyder to an ION to a DM6. DM6 is by far the best, but guess what, some people prefer the other guns over it. You know why? They have more fun with the other guns. (Don't take me completely seriously, you can't compare any of those guns to eachother, it's just an example).

Like I said above. The gameplay on the Wii is like no other... it is so incredibly fun. Once again, wait a while for more titles to come out. Oh and another thing... "Nintendo has been for childern" Look at the new Zelda, look at Red Steel, look at the games out there for it right now and the ones proposed to come out. Give me a break.

Oh and Mario is Nintendo's charactor/game, since you fail to notice that... Just like Halo is Microsofts, and as of now the SOCOM franchise is the best seller (with more then 40,000 people registered online and more then 12,000 people on at one time, all the time) on the PS2.

Gameplay over power anyday.

claustrophobia9
11-29-2006, 03:49 PM
The point I put across with the USB ports is that even Claus doesn't know everything about the systems.
*cough* http://spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=7411&page=11 *cough* look who's talking, smarty pants. besides, my arguements were far less off than your's considering the prototype and media test editions both had 6 usb ports, which is why ign said it had them http://www.ps3blog.net/wp-content/ps3_system_back.jpg

atleast i didnt think the sixaxis controller had 4 directions :dodgy:

and writing in different font doesnt make you cooler. /

Ace24
11-29-2006, 06:56 PM
Dude thats a false picture. A really false picture ROFL. Thats from 2005 when the concept was comming out... Ugh lemme get a real pic. I dont know if you notice the "2005, Design and specifications are subject to change without notice" part. Well guess what. IT DID. I am also not talking about a stupid concept that was used at E3. I am talking about the final product.

Here is the REAL PS3 (I have held it in the store and its exactly like this, this is also from the SONY website, screen shot):
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/TeddyBearFuzz/Proof2.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/TeddyBearFuzz/Proof1.jpg

Also, I didnt argue when you talked about the Sixaxis controler thing. I was simply putting it from what I felt and looked at, I also forgot the diaganal axis.

Jimmyd24
11-29-2006, 07:42 PM
alright this is addressed to ace
first off, the average gamer is 33 years of age, not children, from source http://www.theesa.com/facts/top_10_facts.php. that is why the nintendo wii will eventually fail, it is marketed towards the wrong class. the majority of games for the wii are addressed to children as seen in previous nintendo platforms. im sorry, but legend of zelda is not really a adult game, although it is good, it is more meant for teenagers and stuff. game developers recognize that the average gamer is around 33 and will therefore produce more games for that age range which in the long run will give both the ps3 and 360 and edge over the wii.

also, as i was stating about how a system needs to be defined by a game. mario used to define nintendo, but can u name me one good mario game in the last five years. exactly. oh yeah, i forgot, mario party was a huge hit (note the sarcasm). mario is not going to be able to carry a system as well as the master chief can.

and your little quote, gameplay over power, no crap. thats wut ive been saying. the wii will not nearly have the same amount of good games as will xbox 360 and the ps3.

hilarious website, check it out, www.wiihaveaproblem.com

Ace24
11-29-2006, 08:22 PM
Thats all in your opinion.. and as I stated before, to each his own.

For me, there are already 3 game on the Wii that I want, and find amazing, not including the Wii sports.

For PS3 there is one game (Resistance: Fall of Man)

For the 360:.... Gears of War is more boring then I thought.... Hoping to see nice stuff from Halo 3

DFSniper
11-30-2006, 02:49 AM
my list of games i like for each system (confirmed releases ONLY):

ps3 -
Oblivion
Army of Two
NFS Carbon
Dark Sector
Final Fantasy XIII
Heavenly Sword
MGS4
Mobile Suit Gundam
Tony Hawk's Project 8

360 -
Oblivion
Army of Two
NFS Carbon
Rainbow 6 Vegas
Final Fantasy XI
Project Gotham Racing 3
Tony Hawk's Project 8

Wii -
Zelda
Farcry: Vengeance
Splinter Cell: Double Agent

PC -
NFSC Carbon
Oblivion
Warhammer 40k: Dark Crusade
Unreal Tournament 2007
Rainbow 6 Vegas
Final Fantasy XI
Spore

too bad Army of Two isnt gonna be on PC...)

DJ Katt RMX
11-30-2006, 04:38 AM
I can't beleive I've been away from these forums THIS long and claus is still spouting crap about why the Xbox 360 rule and why the Ps3 sucks. give it a freaking rest

bamf-hacker
11-30-2006, 06:01 AM
give it a freaking rest

QFT....

Play what ever system you want to

/Thread

claustrophobia9
11-30-2006, 12:58 PM
I can't beleive I've been away from these forums THIS long and claus is still spouting crap about why the Xbox 360 rule and why the Ps3 sucks. give it a freaking restno offense but stop putting words in my mouth.
im not saying the ps3 is crap, im saying sony is drastically overstating it and people need to stop being retarded, then providing examples of said retarded people and guiding others by using logical analysis, so why dont you give it a rest mr. come once a year and throw libel at people. if you would read the entire thread you would see that. people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones, katt :dodgy:

and ace, i was saying atleast mine was BASED on something that was at one time true, although i was unaware of the change (which is mentioned nowhere), unlike you who said stuff that had never been true.

Jimmyd24
11-30-2006, 03:37 PM
a lot of people are just like the ps3 rocks just because it is 600. they dont do any research of their own and for some reason believe that the ps3 is best just becauyse it is made by sony, even though i havent been able to come across one ps2 that worked for more than 3 years. a lot of poeple are just sony fanboys and it will take a punch to the head more or less to change their mind.

xtraking
11-30-2006, 03:43 PM
people should not spend this amount of time arguing video games.

Jimmyd24
11-30-2006, 04:06 PM
u should not spend this much time arghuing with us about arguing about video games

marvin-martian
11-30-2006, 04:09 PM
:eyeroll:

Arg_King
11-30-2006, 04:51 PM
:peace: :medieval: :medieval: :D :D

calebh
11-30-2006, 05:43 PM
tl;dr... so shoot me

from what ive seen specs-wise, the ps3 doesnt have enough general purpose processing power to beat the 360. it has a TON more processing power, but not where it needs it for games. a high definition movie on a blueray disc, on the other hand, should play with the graphics power to totally pwn the 360. ok, maybe not that awesome, but you get the idea.

either way, id rather have the wii. which one would you rather be?
http://chipchick.blogs.com/chip_chick/images/videogamer12904.jpg or http://static.flickr.com/49/145247051_c00d86b996.jpg

claustrophobia9
11-30-2006, 06:05 PM
tl;dr... so shoot me

from what ive seen specs-wise, the ps3 doesnt have enough general purpose processing power to beat the 360. it has a TON more processing power, but not where it needs it for games. a high definition movie on a blueray disc, on the other hand, should play with the graphics power to totally pwn the 360. ok, maybe not that awesome, but you get the idea.

either way, id rather have the wii. which one would you rather be?
http://chipchick.blogs.com/chip_chick/images/videogamer12904.jpg or http://static.flickr.com/49/145247051_c00d86b996.jpg

which would you rather be: http://www.myhtsa.com/images/learningcenter_img.jpg
:D

or http://rook88.com/wiibreak/wiibreak1.jpg :(

those graphics must be awesome, they made the tv break from all the awesome... o wait, no that was the controller slipping from your dead-fish nerd grip covered in sweat.

marvin-martian
11-30-2006, 06:08 PM
haha claus, i was going to post those, but i forgot the site

claustrophobia9
11-30-2006, 06:09 PM
haha claus, i was going to post those, but i forgot the site
it wont load for me, thats something awful... the only thing awful about it is their photography... way to get like a super closeup with no lighting... if it comes back its www.wiihaveaproblem.com nintendo may have bought it to shut people up, but its likely its just bandwidth eceeded or some hardcore nintendo gamer hacking it (they would). they have like windows being broken, tvs, laptops, pdas... etc.

Jimmyd24
11-30-2006, 06:29 PM
yea ive been looking at those, look at the one where the guy swang and his hand went into the fan and his finger is like bloody as hell. would u rather be alive or have the 360

xtraking
11-30-2006, 06:34 PM
u should not spend this much time arghuing with us about arguing about video games
You should spend less time arguing, and spend more time looking at a dictionary.

claustrophobia9
11-30-2006, 06:44 PM
You should spend less time arguing, and spend more time looking at a dictionary.
both of you stop arguing, i dont want me owning people to get lost forever in the lockdown zone! ;) btw anyone who wants us to "stop arguing" should just leave the thread and say "la la la im not listening"

xtraking
11-30-2006, 06:45 PM
Mhm thats true. My opinion on this topic... I think its a waste of money because it is simply 600 dollars. Even if the graphics are literally real life type stuff, it is not worth it because its a game.

claustrophobia9
11-30-2006, 06:47 PM
Mhm thats true. My opinion on this topic... I think its a waste of money because it is simply 600 dollars. Even if the graphics are literally real life type stuff, it is not worth it because its a game.
i never take advice on what's a waste of money from a paintballer. ;)

calebh
11-30-2006, 07:16 PM
rofl, he's got a point, king

and if you're too stupid to watch out for fans while swinging your arms around, or you chunk the controller at the TV cuz you're so engrossed in a game that you wont wipe sweat off your hands, then you should probly live in a bubble. a very soft, quiet, hypoallergenic, and idiot-proof bubble. or buy the 360. :P

and if you have the grip of a dead fish, you REALLY need to get out more, and probly take up lifting weights. i know you'll have to start out with floppy disks, but eventually, you can work your way up to a case of CDs, or maybe even your supercomputer.

xtraking
11-30-2006, 07:19 PM
i never take advice on what's a waste of money from a paintballer. ;)
I have not played since summer of '05. And i went to a field probably 4 times, other times it was woodsball where i could use 1000 at most a day. Toucher mon ami :D

Ace24
11-30-2006, 08:30 PM
which would you rather be: http://www.myhtsa.com/images/learningcenter_img.jpg
:D

or http://rook88.com/wiibreak/wiibreak1.jpg :(

those graphics must be awesome, they made the tv break from all the awesome... o wait, no that was the controller slipping from your dead-fish nerd grip covered in sweat.

That's called idiots who don't put the wrist harness on. It's there for a purpose.

Why do I keep comming back here? slkfslkjfklsjdf :(

a lot of people are just like the ps3 rocks just because it is 600. they dont do any research of their own and for some reason believe that the ps3 is best just becauyse it is made by sony, even though i havent been able to come across one ps2 that worked for more than 3 years. a lot of poeple are just sony fanboys and it will take a punch to the head more or less to change their mind.
I've had mine since it came out. Its survived ALL the socoms, and that franchise started in 2002. I've also never had any problems with it what so ever. I have a 60GB HDD in it as well. Never overheated, (the fan in the back is loud, but made right... some of the PS2's had fan issues).

Considering I have 33 games for my PS2 and have beaten every one of them... I am pretty sure its had alot of usage... and thats not even considering the online hours I've put on it.

The systems that dont last are because they are not taken care of. Simple as that. (My gamecube died because it was used 4 years ago when I got it... worked perfect for me for 4 years, but when I got it for free, I had to clean dirt, soda, and other stuff off of it)

claustrophobia9
11-30-2006, 09:59 PM
That's called idiots who don't put the wrist harness on. It's there for a purpose.
Why, Mr. Anderson? Why, why, why? Why do you do it? Why, why get up? Why keep fighting? Do you believe you're fighting for something, for more than your survival? Can you tell me what it is, do you even know? Is it freedom, or truth, perhaps peace, could it be for love? Illusions, Mr. Anderson, vagaries of perception. Temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify an existence that is without meaning or purpose! And all of them as artificial as the matrix itself, although only a human mind could invent something as insipid as love. You must be able to see it Mr. Anderson, you must know it by now. You can't win, it's pointless to keep fighting! Why, Mr. Anderson, why? Why do you persist?

thats basically how i feel right now, if you kept up to date with next gen consoles you'd know that wrist staps have been braking left and right due to their weak threads. nintendo is giving out new ones at no cost... too bad they arent giving out tv's though.

http://wii.qj.net/uploads/articles_module/73586/Wiimote1_qjpreviewth.jpg

anything else you'd like to add.

for those keeping score its something like 5-6 claus 1 for ace... lets not forget how important that 1 was... those usb ports are like crack, i need them!

Ace24
12-01-2006, 12:24 PM
Claus... grow up.

Also, its because people have those dead hands... they cant grip crap. Thats another reason the controlers keep flying out of their hands.

W.e. though.

Jimmyd24
12-01-2006, 12:58 PM
x tracking
i luv how u guys think that i am trying to spell, ur right im retarded, the fact is that i type real fast: 65 words per minute and do not really care about accuracy, its not as though u couldnt understand wut i was saying.

Ace24
12-01-2006, 01:40 PM
65 isnt that fast...

Accuracy and consistancy count the most. That is if your getting a job doing it.

marvin-martian
12-01-2006, 02:14 PM
Claus... grow up.

Also, its because people have those dead hands... they cant grip crap. Thats another reason the controlers keep flying out of their hands.

W.e. though.
you didnt even read what he said. the wrist snaps are SNAPPING OFF, causing the controller to be launched across the room at such a velocity it goes through TVs and windows.

Hob Hayward
12-01-2006, 02:46 PM
Haha yeah, but thats only been a few cases. But still, its quite easy to hold onto them from what I've heard. They would have had to not be holding it, and letting the strap keep it on their hand. But its quite a simple fix, just make a stronger strap.

Jimmyd24
12-01-2006, 02:52 PM
i cant type accurately if i want to fast its just like ten words slower and im too lazy at my house to type correctly

marvin-martian
12-01-2006, 02:56 PM
drop the typing!

Jimmyd24
12-01-2006, 03:05 PM
no i took it personally and by the way, the wrist bands have been breaking heavily along with the controllers
nintnedo is taking a huge loss right now because their having to replace everyones controllers and their are lawsuits piling up for property damage due to the faulty straps

durrell
12-01-2006, 03:10 PM
Jimmy you need to chill out..seems like every thread I see you post in you're flaming someone else. Consider this your warning.

claustrophobia9
12-01-2006, 04:13 PM
Claus... grow up.
what does that have to do with anything, you make a blind statement, like a child, and i shut you down with comments that have backing. because i take pride in being right and refuse to stand down on a topic i have strong feelings and knowledge of in no way makes me childish. YOU grow up.

Jimmyd24
12-01-2006, 06:02 PM
Jimmy you need to chill out..seems like every thread I see you post in you're flaming someone else. Consider this your warning.
i was joking around gosh, i gues its just because u dont like know but more or less everything i say is a joke, when i said i took it personal, it was a joke, i dont know who would actually take it personal
meanwhile, other people are telling people to shutup and grow up but nothing is said

Ace24
12-01-2006, 11:32 PM
[for those keeping score its something like 5-6 claus 1 for ace... lets not forget how important that 1 was... those usb ports are like crack, i need them!

Thats why I said grow up. I read the entire controller thing and this is the first I have heard of it. My friend hasnt had any problems with it yet. I will keep a close eye on that though.

Haha yeah, but thats only been a few cases. But still, its quite easy to hold onto them from what I've heard. They would have had to not be holding it, and letting the strap keep it on their hand. But its quite a simple fix, just make a stronger strap.

I would like to hear more about the stories... but I agree with Hob. I also think its because people arn't hanging onto them properly and letting them slip and slide around and swinging them by the cord.

I know people swing them by the cord, because I've seen it being done with other items that have cords on them. (Ex: Nintendo DS's with their cords, cell phone with the attatchable cords, pda's with the attachable cords...)

Although Nintendo should have taken that into consideration. I might have to build my own cord, but I am pretty sure that with my grip, it wouldn't be flying anywhere anytime soon.

bigred76
12-01-2006, 11:35 PM
Good Lord, 19 pages of bickering about a GAME SYSTEM? Aren't they made to stop this kind of ****? :rolleyes:

Ace24
12-01-2006, 11:38 PM
Yep, this is my last time posting in this thread. For good... it's getting annoying.

bigred76
12-01-2006, 11:40 PM
Thanks Ace, I for one appreciate it. :)

durrell
12-02-2006, 07:35 AM
Yeah. I think it's time to lay this one to rest..it should have been done sooner..